Did the Forscan thing for mushy brakes, now warnings on cluster!

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
Help.... what do I do now? Getting warning lights cluster and messages popping up.... ABS, Hill something or other, Collision Assist, etc. I drove it around the parking lot here at work and truck does not feel like it's driving right either. Brakes do work though.

I did do the ABS Module reset at end as instructions said to do to clear DTC codes.
Sponsored

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Help.... what do I do now? Getting warning lights cluster and messages popping up.... ABS, Hill something or other, Collision Assist, etc. I drove it around the parking lot here at work and truck does not feel like it's driving right either. Brakes do work though.

I did do the ABS Module reset at end as instructions said to do to clear DTC codes.
What did you change? I wasn't aware you could fix mushy brakes with forscan. I thought that required bleeding the brakelines.

OP
OP
paval3

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What did you change? I wasn't aware you could fix mushy brakes with forscan. I thought that required bleeding the brakelines.
I followed the directions in the video that was in a forum thread about how to fix mushy brakes.

Fix Mushy Brakes thread

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Lol. If you reread the thread you'll need to clear the codes using Forscan. It's talked about in there.

grizzly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
You got the instructions on the Internet so it's got to to be right :crazy:

Get in the left lane and drive over to your dealership and explain what you did. They will be happy to help you.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
You got the instructions on the Internet so it's got to to be right :crazy:

Get in the left lane and drive over to your dealership and explain what you did. They will be happy to help you.
Damn that's terrible advise. Doesn't seem like you should commenting on any Forscan threads..

OP plug it back up and reset the DTC codes. Its a learning curve with anything new like this, it was for me anyway.

OP
OP
paval3

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Try going in and Resetting the ABS module again. Maybe you didn't complete the process? Ran the procedure on mine a few weeks ago and no issues.
Whew, I think I got it. No more warnings on the cluster. I went in and reran clearing the DTC codes and made sure I clicked on disconnect vehicle when done. Maybe I didn't close it out right first time.

OP
OP
paval3

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn that's terrible advise. Doesn't seem like you should commenting on any Forscan threads..

OP plug it back up and reset the DTC codes. Its a learning curve with anything new like this, it was for me anyway.
If I got it fixed, LOL I don't think I will be "playing" with Forscan again!

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
OP
OP
paval3

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Apologies for the Lol and not reading. Glad you got it sorted out. ?
No apology necessary, I didn't notice the LOL.

Everything seems good now. Had to run through town on the way home from work so had a bit longer drive and everything seems good.... nice thing now is I don't have that KER PLUNK sound that I sometimes got before when releasing the brake pedal. It's now more similar feel to my Mountaineer (which had all new brakes and rotors 4,000 miles ago).