Thank you! It was worth the wait!

Nevada_Bob

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat
I placed the order for my XL/STX Supercab last week and I think it'll be for the best to not track it's progress...or lack of progress, lol.
I placed mine this week.

I'll be interested to see how long it takes to get a VIN and an actual "birthday"

I can see the delay in shipping and sitting at docks. Seems like a very large factory funnel and a very complex distribution pipeline.

Good luck, Scott! Tell us about your STX

Here's a rendering of mine

vehicle.png

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I placed mine this week.

I'll be interested to see how long it takes to get a VIN and an actual "birthday"

I can see the delay in shipping and sitting at docks. Seems like a very large factory funnel and a very complex distribution pipeline.

vehicle.png
Assuming your dealer actually placed the order, you should get a VIN relatively quickly (within a month). At that point, you will know what week it is scheduled to be built. Sometimes, dealers don't actually place the order with Ford immediately which slows down the whole process. For reference, I ordered mine at the dealer on 12/23 and it got formally recorded by Ford on 12/26 (Christmas was in there). Here is a printout of the beginning of my order up until it was awaiting shipment:

1595692799082.png

It is tough to wait, but it is well worth it to get exactly what you want I think.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
...Sometimes, dealers don't actually place the order with Ford immediately which slows down the whole process. For reference, I ordered mine at the dealer on 12/23 and it got formally recorded by Ford on 12/26 (Christmas was in there).
Dealer told me their Inventory Manager submits new orders once each week. By missing that magic day, it may take nearly another week to go out.

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX
I placed mine this week.

vehicle.png
I think I saw that color red on the dealer's lot. It's incredibly vibrant. :)

My '86 Ranger was red, so I took a different direction this time around.

My salesman called me earlier this week and gave me an update. He said it's scheduled to be built on September 11th ( :eek: ) and if I understood correctly, it'll be delivered in three weeks?

XL Supercab
4X2
Magnetic Paint
101A Package
STX Package
Towing Package
Co-Pilot 360
Electronic Locking Differential
Splash Guards
Pickup Box Extender
Running Boards
Securicode Keypad (It'll be handed to me and I'll install it where I want it to be)
Rear Seat Delete
Ford Performance Sport Exhaust System (Dealer Installed)
Bed Mat
Hood Deflector

I'll get the door glass tinted as dark as I legally can and a Line-X spray in bedliner minus the rear window decal and Line-X emblem after I pick it up.

Yeah, I have it all planned out, lol.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer told me their Inventory Manager submits new orders once each week. By missing that magic day, it may take nearly another week to go out.
That is too bad. Moving the order date out can possibly make more than one week difference in when it is actually built, depending on how scheduling is happening the week it is ordered.

Nevada_Bob

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat
Here is a printout of the beginning of my order up until it was awaiting shipment:

1595692799082.png

It is tough to wait, but it is well worth it to get exactly what you want I think.
Thanks for this. I'll bug them in a month for the VIN if I don't hear from them first.

Nevada_Bob

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat
Placed my order on July 21st and received an email this morning with the VIN.

Sales pro advises that delivery is slated for late October, which seems like a long way off, but when you break the wait-time down into "Haircuts" it's really only 4 away.

Cheers everyone!

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Placed my order on July 21st and received an email this morning with the VIN.

Sales pro advises that delivery is slated for late October, which seems like a long way off, but when you break the wait-time down into "Haircuts" it's really only 4 away.

Cheers everyone!
Congrats on your order !

Keep your fingers crossed. Mine arrived at the dealer 5 weeks earlier than estimated.

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX
I placed the order for my XL/STX Supercab last week and I think it'll be for the best to not track it's progress...or lack of progress, lol.
I gave in and asked for the VIN a few days ago, lol.

It was "In Production" when I first looked. It now appears to be finished and will get shipped soon. The dealership turned in the order on July 6th.

Edit: Good grief, sorry about the way-too-big picture.

I also edited the specs of my build a few posts back. I was going to order the electronic locking differential, but had decided not to get it. Turns out I ordered it anyway, lol. I'm not the off-roading type, but it won't hurt to have it. :)

IMG_20200911_141555.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: