Decent Tire Shine/Dressing Product?

Zanardi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Saber 4x4 Sport
Can anyone recommend a decent tire shine product? Most recently I've been using the Armor All Tire Foam in the aerosol spray can. Looks great when first sprayed on but seems to not last long at all. After even a few hours it fades to nothing. Would like to find something that lasts at least several days between washes, rain, etc.

Thank you!
Sponsored

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Going to put on a coat of Duracoat today hopefully. Supposedly lasts and stays black for months... we shall see.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
The Stoner brand works pretty good.

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx4 off-road Larit Supercab (2019)
If you enjoy reasonable gloss without pretending to be a show car, then I suggest the Poor Boy tire shine. This goes on easy, doesn't sling, and lasts very well in the rain.

PoorBoy's tire gel

If the look you're going after is "dressed, but looking nice and new without a cheesy finish", then the Black Satin tire spray from Griots Garage is excellent. Bonus points for being easy to apply. I do a quick spray of the tire side you want to dress, then use a foam applicator to quickly spread it out, using less material and getting excellent coverage.

Griots Garage Black Satin Tire spray

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone recommend a decent tire shine product? Most recently I've been using the Armor All Tire Foam in the aerosol spray can. Looks great when first sprayed on but seems to not last long at all. After even a few hours it fades to nothing. Would like to find something that lasts at least several days between washes, rain, etc.

Thank you!
Currently, I am using DP Tire Coating. It leaves a nice matte finish. It seems to last a while too.
I typically buy 2-3 different tire dressing products a year. No reason other than I like to see if anything really works better. I tend to stay away from glossy finishes.

take a look on autogeek to read through those write-ups. No need for me to copy and paste them!

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
I like the old No Touch, in the white can. Doesn't get overly greasy and attract dust. I spray and walk away. Then wipe any (usually not much) excess off with an old towel after it soaks in. Looks good without being too "show car" or tacky IMHO.

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
Poorboy's Bold'n'Brite all the way. Excellent durability and doesn't sling off, and has a nice matte black look.

Arron

First Name
Arron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCab Lariat FX4 Sport Magnetic
Occupation
Software developer
Here is my strategy for tires. Simply put if you want it to last a long time and not redo the tires often it’s about the prep. Getting the tires clean an prepped makes all the difference.

For the prep I use Griot‘s Rubber Prep. Once I get the tires all scrubbed down with that. Let me repeat it again. It’s about the prep. Once that’s done I move on to the finish coat.

For finishing coat I use Griot’s Black Shine High Gloss Tire Gel. Gel is always the best solution and will always last the longest. Sprays rarely last any time at all. With this gel the tires will look super glossy once you put this on. But now it’s up to you. You can leave it super glossy or what I do is let it dry a little and do a gentle wipe down of the tires till I get a nice level between gloss and matte.

Using these products and prepping the tires right will give you a shine on the tires for about 3-4 months even in a rainy location like here in the Seattle area. I have found no better combination that lasts as long. This is the best I have found after trying an endless amount of products.

berlow94

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 1987 BMW 325IS Track car, 1979 Mazda RX7
Ammo Mud

Nothing else

MyLittleRanger19

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX
Occupation
Electrical Engineer

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
303 Tire Dressing.

Roy Johnson

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew Cab Hot Chili Pepper Red
Occupation
Chef
I use Drivers choice tire shine 32 oz. cost 1 dollar from the dollar store. I brush the tires with my wash bucket. Then soak with this and towel wipe clean. Let it dry and come back with a sponge applicator and finish with a lite coat and air dry. Cost a dollar. I am cheap anything that does the job for cheap I will try. I make my own interior cleaner and dressing from an internet recipe. Tires not shiny but perfect black.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee