Recommended Product to use in UK

KingRaymond795

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ranger 3.2 Auto
I am installing a new sound system and along with it, some sound deadening in the doors. There are so many products on the market making it hard to decide. I am looking for a tried and tested product for me to clean the inside of my door skins with that will remove the wax and grease that was put there by the factory, so i have no issues with sticking my sound deadening down.

Thansk in advance!
Sponsored

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
The only things I can think of right now would be some IPA (plan old rubbing alcohol), or maybe some acetone. Maybe mix both 50/50 with some water to cut the strength a bit. Hopefully someone will come along with more, and better ideas.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The only things I can think of right now would be some IPA (plan old rubbing alcohol), or maybe some acetone. Maybe mix both 50/50 with some water to cut the strength a bit. Hopefully someone will come along with more, and better ideas.
That should work perfect for cutting through the grease and wax. Only thing I'd add is give it a good cleaning afterwards with some fresh water. The alcohol should just evaporate but I like to give it a good wash just to get any residual film off.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
See if you can buy Goof off in the UK. That cleaner will take anything off. Then an alcohol wipe and good to go
Sponsored