Dean's 3D Printed Ignition Trim Ring Bezel (Build/Buy Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevada.tracy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Youtube VIdeo Link

Up on eBay. Link here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/223699603387
Printed in Black ASA plastic.

Glow in the Dark version is here (requested by fellow ranger5g members t4thfavor & Hot Pepper Red Zeppelin)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/223706303443
Printed in ABS plastic.

No sanding or painting required what you see in these photos is what you get.
$10 + free economy shipping.

Now through December 10% of proceeds go towards "Homes for our Troops"
Homes for our Troops

black_unpaintedp.jpg

bezel1.jpg

View attachment 18694
glow_lightp.jpg

glow_dark.jpg
Ordered mine.
Update
Received my a couple weeks ago. Clipped right in
Sponsored

Last edited:

Stevo56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT, 2016 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Occupation
Retired
Got mine. Snapped right in. Works fine.

The adventure was tracking thru USPS. It left Pennsylvania to Indiana to Minneapolis, MN to Saint Paul, MN. Being I live 130 miles north in Duluth, you would think that would be the next stop. Oh, no, it goes east to Grand Rapids, MI, then back to Minneapolis then finally delivered to me. Unreal. First-class mail took 15 days.

Sparky6753

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger
Occupation
Semi retired
Got mine. Snapped right in. Works fine.

The adventure was tracking thru USPS. It left Pennsylvania to Indiana to Minneapolis, MN to Saint Paul, MN. Being I live 130 miles north in Duluth, you would think that would be the next stop. Oh, no, it goes east to Grand Rapids, MI, then back to Minneapolis then finally delivered to me. Unreal. First-class mail took 15 days.
I live on the other side of Pennsylvania and it took 9 days via first class mail. Approx 350 miles !

PowerTools

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger SuperCab, 2003 SportTrac
Occupation
yes
Ordered a glow in the dark one. Reminds me of my mom's '68 Mustang that had a similar glow in the dark ring. Thanks, @Dean

OP
OP

Dean

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 1988 Merkur Scorpio, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite
Occupation
Embedded SW Engineer
I live on the other side of Pennsylvania and it took 9 days via first class mail. Approx 350 miles !
Well.. It is free shipping. Not necessarily fast shipping!

I ship via first class USPS. I would say that 90% of them make it in a reasonable amount of time. 5% are delayed. I can find no rhyme or reason for the delays. I've seen them go faster to Puerto Rico than to North Carolina.

No doubt COVID has had some impact.

A friend of mine works for Target shipping and logistics. Over a beer one night he told me that USPS subcontracts a lot of ground shipping. He figured that my packages are sitting in a semi yard somewhere, stuck way in the back waiting to get out.

In any case I assure you that you will get your package. The shipping provides tracking...sometimes this will not update for a while, just be patient. If it goes over 14 days just contact me through ebay.

Hard to believe we trusted mail in ballots to such a system!

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase

I ship via first class USPS. I would say that 90% of them make it in a reasonable amount of time. 5% are delayed. I can find no rhyme or reason for the delays. I've seen them go faster to Puerto Rico than to North Carolina.

A friend of mine works for Target shipping and logistics. Over a beer one night he told me that USPS subcontracts a lot of ground shipping. He figured that my packages are sitting in a semi yard somewhere, stuck way in the back waiting to get out.

In any case I assure you that you will get your package. The shipping provides tracking...sometimes this will not update for a while, just be patient. If it goes over 14 days just contact me through ebay.

One thing I've learned in many years in logistics, wholesale, and retail business, is that no service is created equal. USPS "First class" has multiple tiers based on various things for instance, with mail always receiving priority over packages unless specific delivery windows are required.

Similar things happen with FedEx and UPS, it's all about balancing their logistics to their demand and available supply. It's all, generally, a pretty big crapshoot.

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

This is not a complaint. Ordered mine shipped on Dec 4. Checked tracking it is close to me now, where it goes, from were it is, is going to be hard to tell. Some of the places it arrived it was checked in at two different times. The route is some what confusing. LOL :LOL: I will respond with arrival & install.

Stevo56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT, 2016 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Occupation
Retired
I was not complaining about the product. It was more of a commentary on the inefficiency of the post office. Sorry.

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Dean. Thanks again for doing us Ranger owners a big favor in producing the bezel. Got it today after it sat from 12/9 to 12/16 at a USPS distribution center about 1hr drive max from the house. Fit is perfect. It was interesting tracking the package. Thanks again.

OP
OP

Dean

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Embedded SW Engineer
Dean. Thanks again for doing us Ranger owners a big favor in producing the bezel. Got it today after it sat from 12/9 to 12/16 at a USPS distribution center about 1hr drive max from the house. Fit is perfect. It was interesting tracking the package. Thanks again.
You are welcome Larry, and thank you for patience, for supporting our troops, and supporting this website. Have a great holiday.

JimB

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jamesbeckergalleries.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Art Director
Dean, thanks so much for making these trim rings available. I got mine, and popped it right in place. No trouble at all.
Sometimes it is the little things that end up bothering me the most. You have saved me years of worry/stress/irritation/etc. with this simple fix.

dirtystevedirt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
cnc guy
Dean, I had actually come across your mod before I bought my Ranger. I was thinking, how can you miss the key in the hole. After a week of misses, I pulled the trigger on your glow in the dark version.
Congrats to you for being the 1st mod on my new ride !

Sharky

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 2015 Ford Focus 1934 model 40
Occupation
retired
I ordered & just received the trim ring today.
fits perfect & definitely finishes off the switch & column. thanks

OP
OP

Dean

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Embedded SW Engineer
Thanks for all the positive comments and feedback. Since November of last year your purchases have contributed to "Homes for Our Troops" and, as always, a portion of your purchase also goes to supporting Ranger5G.com.

I look forward to a new year... Hopefully with Covid behind our backs...and new ideas to improve our Rangers! I got one coming so stay tuned!

I have to state that I have been most pleased with my 2019 Ranger. More importantly, I have been very satisfied with the regular service as provided by John Kennedy in Feasterville PA, where I purchased my Ranger. They have been managing the Covid situation very well.

There is only one thing that I don't like about my Ranger. Sync does not manage "Daylight Savings Time" adjustments. You would'a thunk that it would pull the proper time from your cell phone whenever you connect. But it doesn't.

No big deal. I am happy this is the only complaint I have!

Last edited:
OP
OP

Dean

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Embedded SW Engineer
I just wanted to mention that I am now ending the "Homes for our Troops" ebay charity donation that was started in November of last year. Over $300 was raised. Thank you all for you contributions.

I look forward to next year where I will choose a new charity to donate to through the winter season.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.