Dealer Oil Change Issue

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Happy Birthday you older goat. Not telling but you got me beat by 6, & yes I still do my own oil changes, tire rotation & general maintenance. Keep up the young at heart it is healthy. :like:
Thanks Larry. I totally agree, although it might take me a bit longer...
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
[

Today, I am 77. Yipee! I still change the oil, rotate the tires, and do general maintenance on all three of my vehicles. If this was your first time removing the filter, they are super tight from the factory, much easier removal after that. I have very low mileage on each vehicle so I change the oil and filter once a year.
Happy Birthday, Kent!!!:party:??

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Thanks Jeff. I hear you about the tires. I have found rather than lifting the tires (especially on the Jeep) if is easier to lower the vehicle. :rockon:
My first 4 years with the Honolulu Fire Department was spent as a mechanic, when I used to replace the tire and wheel assemblies I'd raise the truck only just high enough so that the tire was 2-4 inches off the ground, 90 % of the tires were 11R22.5's. Each fire truck carried an 8 foot steel bar which I'd then use to work the wheel away from their studs. The operation required minimal effort...I am a firm believer in letting the machine do the work, in this case it was a simple lever.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ford does the FordPass thing not to drum up business at dealerships, but to allow them to say "first two years of service included." Meanwhile half the folks don't even know about the system and leave them unused.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion...

TOMDEE

Banned
Banned
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat
Occupation
retired
[

Today, I am 77. Yipee! I still change the oil, rotate the tires, and do general maintenance on all three of my vehicles. If this was your first time removing the filter, they are super tight from the factory, much easier removal after that. I have very low mileage on each vehicle so I change the oil and filter once a year.
me too, 10,000 kms a year and that's when i change the oil, works out to roughly 6,000 miles

TOMDEE

Banned
Banned
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat
Occupation
retired
even though i'm in my sixties i've decided to change the oil myself. It's not that hard really, i have my own ramps and catch basin but the design of this vehicle and getting at the filter etc is a pain in the azz. I don't do any off roading so i just leave that skid plate off. Synthetic all the way every 10,000 kms
The dealership here used to have QuickLane and the customer waiting room was located so you could watch them do the work, new owner bought the place and you can no longer watch. Last time I took it in for oil and filter, the oil was just as dark and dirty as it was when i took it in NEVER AGAIN

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
you must be skinny!!
LOL!
Actually many years of beer drinking has precluded that notion, although I am not overly obese (waist size 37), long gone are the days when I weighed 150 lbs.

One of the very first mods I did to my 4x2 S/Cab was to install a leveling kit, it raised the front about 2 inches.

I don't have to contend with skid plates on my 4x2, however I did install an OEM skid plate to protect the EPAS system, it's way too vulnerable.

On my previous Ranger, a 2000 S/Cab, I definitely had to use my drive on ramps, as well my beater '02 CR-V.

Thanks for the compliment, I'll remember it this evening when I have a beer, or 2, perhaps more!
:beer: :beer: :beer:
Sponsored