Dealer claims I can put in an order for 2024 ?

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
Dealer I leased my truck from claims I can order a 2024(New Ranger) today. I don't buy it. I know they want my lease. I told them a couple weeks ago I wasn't interested in anything but maybe a 6G.

Just looking for confirmation they are full of shit
Sponsored

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Maybe he is willing to do a reservation internally for you, but I highly doubt that for the US you could order a 2024 6g when the 2023 5g order banks just opened.

Even more concerning would be if they don't understand the 6g order bank is not for the US.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I think they're slightly confused. :crazy: The '23's aren't even in production yet and from I've heard the '24 order banks won't be open until next spring at the earliest. Tell them you want to order a Ranger Raptor and see what they say.?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Your dealer is a moron and doesn't know what they're talking about.

Yet more proof of my old adage. The only question you ask a car salesman is "how much?" It's the only thing they're even remotely capable of answering.

Also, if you have a lease ending right now, the best move is to buy it out. I'd bet the residual buyout is much less than the actual value right now.

dkirby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat Tremor, '16 Focus RS, '10 Evo X
Occupation
Engineer
The price list hasn't been released yet, and probably won't for several months.

OP
OP
cfhgarza

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up

Yet more proof of my old adage. The only question you ask a car salesman is "how much?" It's the only thing they're even remotely capable of answering.

Also, if you have a lease ending right now, the best move is to buy it out. I'd bet the residual buyout is much less than the actual value right now.
I have 11 months remaining. I told them it doesn't make sense to do anything but buy it.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I have 11 months remaining. I told them it doesn't make sense to do anything but buy it.
Good man.

Let me guess, they were like sharks when you went in for service?

Stick to your plan.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer I leased my truck from claims I can order a 2024(New Ranger) today. I don't buy it. I know they want my lease. I told them a couple weeks ago I wasn't interested in anything but maybe a 6G.

Just looking for confirmation they are full of shit
Yes he is full of shit the 23 order banks are open which is a 5th gen, there is no reservation system order banks or anything from ford for 2024 they aren't gonna have a model year open then magically open up the next one like 3 days after they start orders for 2023. So long story short they are indeed full of shit, don't waste your time and absolutely do not give them a single cent.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe he is willing to do a reservation internally for you, but I highly doubt that for the US you could order a 2024 6g when the 2023 5g order banks just opened.

Even more concerning would be if they don't understand the 6g order bank is not for the US.
We can't even access or see the international order banks hence even canada and the us having separate order guides when they are almost identical

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase

You are 100 percent correct on all counts ranger values are super high now buying it out and hanging on to it is the best play, if nothing else due to the bloated values and severe lack of inventory
Sponsored