Dash and console applique

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
I ordered one of these kits in the J7 magnetic color to see how well it matches the rest of the interior. I've never been much of a carbon fibre fan as it all looks too 'added on' to me but just my view and if you like it great, definitely looks like a quality product. When I get mine, I'll post some pics.
Sponsored

SICKQK

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.saddlebrookcontrols.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab FX4
Occupation
Automation Applications Engineer
Hi Larry,

Been there at Ford when we introduced the the world to the Blackwood Lincoln F150.... a premium Truck and it had premium appearance, but more importantly and unfortunately its poor sales was much of what the Blackwood Lincoln had over the Ford F150 was under the skin. Particularly the attention to sound deadening, ride and other NVH tuning options. Things the customer did not see, but if you owned one...it was wisper quiet. So what? If the customer does not see it...it is unappreciated. I spent much of my career in the realm of doing the unappreciated but making the vehicle more robust, quieter etc. Why? Because I internalized the improvements as I knew I did a good job that few would appreciate outside Ford..... Okay, now I reap the satisfaction when folks with older Rangers report their pleasure and lack of problems with their older Ranger Trucks! Means the work I did was worth it to have satisfied customers.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
The oldtimers in my classic car club would always say "Lincolns are Fords with lock washers". :)

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
I ordered one of these kits in the J7 magnetic color to see how well it matches the rest of the interior. I've never been much of a carbon fibre fan as it all looks too 'added on' to me but just my view and if you like it great, definitely looks like a quality product. When I get mine, I'll post some pics.
I have a Magnetic Ranger as well

I plan to do the same

please post when you receive.

thank you!!!!!!!

JJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
I am thinking of getting Carbon Fiber or Gloss Black - how scratch resistant is it?
Im planning on going with the gloss black. Didn't want to add another color or texture to the interior that would look non-stock, like an out of place add on.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Cape Cruiser

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Hey Bret (@Cape Cruiser ) how's that applique holding up?
Terry , the applique is doing good except for 1 small spot is trying to release from around the edge of the climate controls. I thought in was installer error but another member here Apotocki has the same issue in the exact spot. Wood dash replaced his, I have yet to contact them about mine. Overall im very happy with them. Bret

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Terry , the applique is doing good except for 1 small spot is trying to release from around the edge of the climate controls. I thought in was installer error but another member here Apotocki has the same issue in the exact spot. Wood dash replaced his, I have yet to contact them about mine. Overall im very happy with them. Bret
Hey Bret,

Looks sharp! Very luxe. Too bad they donā€™t have kits that fit my dash. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s because I donā€™t have navigation or because I donā€™t have climate control (maybe those are bundled?) but my control panel is way different.

0B0284AE-0C0E-4C92-8218-EFF228E501C5.jpeg

Besides, if youā€˜ve seen my truck, you know Iā€™d probably just order Black. Oh well, I need recovery track mounts anyway.

I think @Ghost Ride is in the same boat.

OP
OP
Cape Cruiser

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired mechanic
Hey Bret,

Looks sharp! Very luxe. Too bad they donā€™t have kits that fit my dash. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s because I donā€™t have navigation or because I donā€™t have climate control (maybe those are bundled?) but my control panel is way different.

0B0284AE-0C0E-4C92-8218-EFF228E501C5.jpeg

Besides, if youā€˜ve seen my truck, you know Iā€™d probably just order Black. Oh well, I need recovery track mounts anyway.

I think @Ghost Ride is in the same boat.
Duke, I would check with Mel at wood dash.com. They might have updated fitments. Bret

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Duke, I would check with Mel at wood dash.com. They might have updated fitments. Bret
Sites are not always up to date and he clearly likes to work with his customers - Iā€™ll connect with Mel. I sure hope he has matte black.
1611505501883.png

Last edited:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like contraction of base panel from chills of damper release on tailgate that some may have, but in your case, probably just expansion due to the heavy work involved in dropping it :crazy:

Thanks for the update, considering it as my luxury mod :)

OP
OP
Cape Cruiser

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired mechanic
Sounds like contraction of base panel from chills of damper release on tailgate that some may have, but in your case, probably just expansion due to the heavy work involved in dropping it :crazy:

Thanks for the update, considering it as my luxury mod :)
I think you will like it. Bret

Jon54

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge Ltd
Guys that have installed these dash kits, I assume you have to install them with temps above a certain temp? The one I ordered is coming, but so are cold temps. Any other advice on install is appreciated. My wife gave me the large kit, which I didnā€™t want. Cost me to ship it back but the small kit should be here Thursday.
Sponsored