First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariant FX4
Occupation
Retired
Being in Maine I just let the truck warm up for awhile. Had no problems.
Sponsored

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
Anyone install the raw carbon fiber kits from tufskinz?

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Guys that have installed these dash kits, I assume you have to install them with temps above a certain temp? The one I ordered is coming, but so are cold temps. Any other advice on install is appreciated. My wife gave me the large kit, which I didn’t want. Cost me to ship it back but the small kit should be here Thursday.
I’m in Michigan and just installed mine about a month ago. I have an attached garage and the garage temp was about 50 when I did my installation.
I know that warmer is better so I actually placed a Buddy heater on my backseat (being careful of course) and ran it for about 1/2 hour before starting. I also used a hair dryer to make sure any surface was warmed before install and then went over the appliqué after installing as well. I continued to also run the Buddy heater for a couple hours after.
Maybe a bit of overkill but the appliqué attached really well and I have had no problems with it after installing.

Last edited:

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
Im planning on going with the gloss black. Didn't want to add another color or texture to the interior that would look non-stock, like an out of place add on.
After more thought - I agree with your approach. I am waiting to see pics of magnetic J7 color to see how it matches. My alternative is gloss black.

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger pickup 2019 subaru
just ordered today the smaller kit in rapid red D4 color will post when i receive it

jeff

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
After more thought - I agree with your approach. I am waiting to see pics of magnetic J7 color to see how it matches. My alternative is gloss black.
Got a shipping notice this week so mine should be here tomorrow. I'll shoot some pics when I get it. I guess that custom color was an issue as it took over a month to get it.

Jon54

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge Ltd
Got a shipping notice this week so mine should be here tomorrow. I'll shoot some pics when I get it. I guess that custom color was an issue as it took over a month to get it.
Guys, I’ve had my kit for a few weeks waiting for warmer temps. Excuse the dirty interior, we have had massive amounts of rain. This is the dark burl. It’s darker than it appears. Love it, but I’m another old guy.

929C217B-CB4B-44D5-BFF6-BAF0DDB30C03.jpeg

Remix

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercrew
Guys, I’ve had my kit for a few weeks waiting for warmer temps. Excuse the dirty interior, we have had massive amounts of rain. This is the dark burl. It’s darker than it appears. Love it, but I’m another old guy.

929C217B-CB4B-44D5-BFF6-BAF0DDB30C03.jpeg

Remix

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercrew
Can anyone tell me if these scratch easily thinking of dark burl. Thanks

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
Here's the version w/J7 Color code to match the mag grey interior... pretty close match. I had to heat up the center again as I had it lined up incorrectly and the AC buttons were sticking so I still need to heat up again and press it in more but the rest went on easily.

I like it, it's subtle and has a quality-added effect.

20210302_122843.jpg
20210302_122848.jpg
20210302_122854.jpg

OP
OP
Cape Cruiser

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
John , mine is holding up fine. Its like a rubbery type material, I guess it could scratch if you pushed hard enough. Bret

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger pickup 2019 subaru

had this style kit in my 2006 silverado does not scratch will show some wear if your hands are one it a lot, example was the steering wheel controls .

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll echo what others have said. I’ve had the real carbon fiber kit installed for a couple months now. No issues with scratching or marking of any kind. The material has a layer of clear protective over it - maybe an epoxy(?) and seems pretty durable.

Jon54

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge Ltd
I can’t comment on the durability, but as someone else opined, this feels rather rubbery. I love the look and it makes seeing the controls on the dash much easier. It also adds a classy look.

Not being critical in any way, but I can tell the relative age of posters here. Old farts, like myself, like chrome and wood embellishments while younger guys seem to like black and other dark colors.

when I installed mine, temps had risen to low 50’s. I throughly cleaned the area with isopropyl alcohol, then used the included activator tubes. It took, at tops, 15 minutes to install the smaller kit.

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Not being critical in any way, but I can tell the relative age of posters here. Old farts, like myself, like chrome and wood embellishments while younger guys seem to like black and other dark colors.
Well.....60 here and love my carbon fiber!!! But.....I’m young at heart! Haha.
Sponsored