Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Can you tell me the point of blinging out something that goes in your pocket and lives there all day?

Did not think so.
Hi Doug,

I blinged the Ranger Fob for a reason. The Lincoln fob looks like it and I have found out to my dismay that I grabbed the wrong fob... So the Ranger is "Chromed" and the Lincoln is carryover...

Best,
Phil

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Hi Doug,

I blinged the Ranger Fob for a reason. The Lincoln fob looks like it and I have found out to my dismay that I grabbed the wrong fob... So the Ranger is "Chromed" and the Lincoln is carryover...

Best,
Phil
This is a good reason.

I had two intelligent access Ford's in the house for a short time. Although the FiST's key was slightly different, even then I could mix them up.

Short of that there's not much point.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I had mixed emotions about push button start at first, but it has become one of my favorite features on my Ranger. Not having fumble with keys or the fob during normal day to day activities is AWESOME! I just have a small piece of cord attached to it with no keys, no jingle jangle noises or random thigh key stabs. Lock the truck with internal button when I get out, and use the door handle sensors to get back in. House key is loose, and sits in the dash tray while I'm out of the house.

FLlFTgg.jpg

Last edited:

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Hi Doug,

Best,
Phil
Score one for Phil!

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Lock the truck with internal button when I get out, and use the door handle sensors to get back in.
Doesn't it lock when you walk away?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I had mixed emotions about push button start at first, but it has become one of my favorite features on my Ranger. Not having fumble with keys or the fob during normal day to day activities is AWESOME! I just have a small piece of cord attached to it with no keys, no jingle jangle noises or random thigh key stabs. Lock the truck with internal button when I get out, and use the door handle sensors to get back in. House key is loose, and sits in the dash tray while I'm out of the house.
Agreed. Keyless entry and push button start is a must have in a new vehicle purchase.

Doesn't it lock when you walk away?
No, but maybe it's a setting option?
I know my wife's Mazda can be set up to autolock as this is the way we currently run it. I believe with Ford's system you can do the same but I'm not positive. For my truck I'd prefer it not to autolock.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
WOW! They have a LOT! of key fob covers.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
What I use...OEM look silicone sleeve...takes a beating...Amazon...

71IsLza6o8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Doug,

Best,
Phil
Hi Doug,

As a long term followup... being a Ford person, both vehicles, a Lincoln Nautilus and the Ranger, have fobs...blinging the Ranger worked well for me...wife...bling 0 mistake 1,000.... I do not know how many times Margie heads to the garage with the wrong fob...So I just bought three Tiles and I attached one of them to the Lincoln fob...Well...she...SNORT...decided to just carry both fobs in her purse all the time... Why do you need to track my purse??? Welll......problem solved...Tile hidden in the Lincoln, as well...just in case as we are getting so old with this deterioration of short term memory...Sigh...

best,
Phil

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Doug,

As a long term followup... being a Ford person, both vehicles, a Lincoln Nautilus and the Ranger, have fobs...blinging the Ranger worked well for me...wife...bling 0 mistake 1,000.... I do not know how many times Margie heads to the garage with the wrong fob...So I just bought three Tiles and I attached one of them to the Lincoln fob...Well...she...SNORT...decided to just carry both fobs in her purse all the time... Why do you need to track my purse??? Welll......problem solved...Tile hidden in the Lincoln, as well...just in case as we are getting so old with this deterioration of short term memory...Sigh...

best,
Phil
Great to see you back Phil!

kendive

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger Lariat Tech Pkg Tremor