First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
It's a bit of a stretch to say the Curt system works out of pure luck in an emergency braking situation, as the Ford OEM Redarc controller is also using the brake lights as the trigger to apply trailer brakes in the emergency braking situation as well.

Unless you meant to say the Ford controller works by pure luck too :LOL:
Okay for the clarification. I hope you have a nice day.
Sponsored

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
Yea even if the Curt disconnects from the phone it keeps the same settings and still functions normally

Mike H

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 White Lariat Tremor and 21 Escape Ti
Occupation
IT
I'm considering the Echo controller. I have a couple questions for those that use it.

1. After you configure the settings and drive, what happens when you stop the vehicle and turn off the engine for gas etc.? Does the Echo stay powered up as long as the trailer is still plugged in? Does the 12 volt power supply line time out like the power ports?

2. With that same scenario. If you take your phone too far away to maintain the Bluetooth connection (leaving the app open), does it reconnect when you return? Or do you need to reconnect manually with the app?

3. I know the Echo continues to use the last setting if it loses Bluetooth connection. I'm wondering what happens when it loses the 12 volt power, is its memory cleared? When it is powered up again, does it go back to the last setting? I'm thinking losing power means reconnect Bluetooth and select a profile.

I understand that if I unplug the trailer, the Ranger shuts down the 12 volt power line.

I'm new to brake controllers. I think that hard wired is more set it and forget it unless conditions change. Wondering how much extra effort the Echo requires?
Sponsored