First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Pipefitter
that is where i tuck my 4 d cell maglight...........oh its just for a 3 pound good flashlight..........hehe, that thing is a club but who would use it as such lol
Got beat with one of those when I was in high school. The sight of one makes me flinch.
Sponsored

JHC14

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Executive Pastor
Another one bites the dust! lol

I don't have one because of the weight (it's light) it's for the convenience when I'm working and my hands are full. I can walk up and grab it with one finger and let it slooowly fall without dropping everything in my hands. ?

In case you missed it before here's a link for one and use code WELCOME at checkout for free shipping .

https://www.varsityfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-tailgate-damper-cartridge-vkb3z99406a10a?c=az0x
@AzScorpion why does the link say this doesn’t fit? It points me to a $95 thing Looks about the size of the key fob. I think the website has a glitch. There are a dozen reviews at your link proclaiming the excellence of the tail gate damper and how life is sweeter once it’s installed. So, your link must be the right part....correct?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Pretty sure that space was meant to keep your damper while your truck gets accustomed to it. :LOL:
@KJRR, KJ, I was hoping helpful tips like this would be in your instructions for "Getting your Ranger ready for the damper." I've worried myself half crazy thinking about the mental anguish I could cause my Ranger by missing one step. My therapist says not to worry, but he's never been in the quandary I find myself. It's to the point now that I have to keep my Zanax in my "murse" all of the time. :facepalm:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
@KJRR, KJ, I was hoping helpful tips like this would be in your instructions for "Getting your Ranger ready for the damper." I've worried myself half crazy thinking about the mental anguish I could cause my Ranger by missing one step. My therapist says not to worry, but he's never been in the quandary I find myself. It's to the point now that I have to keep my Zanax in my "murse" all of the time. :facepalm:
1603629871359.png

What the hell is that thing!?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
@AzScorpion why does the link say this doesn’t fit? It points me to a $95 thing Looks about the size of the key fob. I think the website has a glitch. There are a dozen reviews at your link proclaiming the excellence of the tail gate damper and how life is sweeter once it’s installed. So, your link must be the right part....correct?
Joel, Yes it's a mistake. If you look at the part number it's the same as mine.

IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1640.jpg

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve never seen this mentioned and I’ve wondered about it for a while lol
Is this supposed to be a cup holder? The angles are ridiculous.
2DB438D9-CFE9-4819-A267-5B4ED9EC7B13.jpeg
When I do have cups that need holding, usually hot coffee or iced tea, they go in the center divider's "cup-holding" spots, which are decently sized and get a secure grip on anything you put in there. I usually leave the driver's side "cup holders" empty to keep the way clear when getting in or out; or I sometimes slip something unobtrusive in there such as a collapsible umbrella, depending on the weather. On the passenger's side, the wife does manage to stuff some tiny water bottles and assorted snacks into hers. So, they are not entirely useless so long as you don't ask them to hold any cups....

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Buying a damper?

1603647406354.png

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

JHC14

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Executive Pastor
Joel, Yes it's a mistake. If you look at the part number it's the same as mine.

IMG_1639.jpg
@AzScorpion thanks for the assist. I was able to fulfill a life long ambition of ordering my own damper today. Now for all the performance boosts it brings with it. ?‼

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
@AzScorpion thanks for the assist. I was able to fulfill a life long ambition of ordering my own damper today. Now for all the performance boosts it brings with it. ?‼
Anytime Joel! Now make sure you buckle up good after installing it with the added HP. ?

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
IMG_1213.JPEG
IMG_1214.JPEG

Works fine for me.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
i use the portion of the door panel right in front of the intended cup holder for all of my drink bottles and cups and no issues yet. 24 oz tumbler fits in there just fine

ElSolo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford XLT, Lightning Blue, FX2 pkg, 301A pkg, Tow pkg.
I’ve never seen this mentioned and I’ve wondered about it for a while lol
Is this supposed to be a cup holder? The angles are ridiculous.
2DB438D9-CFE9-4819-A267-5B4ED9EC7B13.jpeg
It is. As long as what you’re drinking out of has a lid, it actually works quite well. Family and I just took a short road trip last weekend (~400 mi each way) and my wife and I each had a second water bottle in there on top of the bottles we had in the center area. We had a toddler and a dog in the back seat so the door space made for good storage to carry extra fluids for us all. Even with a bottle in there, there’s still space for other miscellaneous stuff too.

ElSolo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford XLT, Lightning Blue, FX2 pkg, 301A pkg, Tow pkg.
IMG_1213.JPEG
IMG_1214.JPEG

Works fine for me.
That Kirkland Malbec is actually pretty solid. I’m a fan of all their booze options. Solid products especially for the price. Their añejo tequila is a sneaky good buy.
Sponsored