Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Nope because the glovebox only weighs a couple pounds and I never have my hands full when I'm trying to open it. ?
Yep, Bluto's just rip the dang door off and make it a shelf for beer cans, Olives have to have the dampered door cause they wasted away at the tailgate trying to put their feathered hat in the bed and a fast falling glove box door would bruise their too slow hands...:muscle:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
When you do I've got a nice t-shirt waiting for you. ?
That's a pretty sweet shirt! It just might be worth the price of admission! ?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I hate to post it publicly, but here's a copy of certain license types that sort-a man-splains it:

No Damper
1603583858493.png

After Damper:
1603583880905.png

Not even a 97lb weakling????

:LOL:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Nope because the glovebox only weighs a couple pounds and I never have my hands full when I'm trying to open it. ?
That's the appeal of the tailgate damper, right there! When I traded my 2001 for my 2019, the first thing I noticed was how high the bed rails and tailgate handle were, compared to what I was used to. When my hands were full on my '91, '96, or my 2001 Rangers, I would drop the tailgate to my hip and easily lower it. The 2019 has a higher bed rail and tailgate than earlier models. Instead of hitting you in the hip when you pop the tailgate, it hits you like the perfect fastball........tits-high!

It's a bit awkward trying to lower it from that height when you have your hands full of tool cases, lumber, patio slabs, or other heavy items. So, I get it - I really do. I now pop the gate, catch it with my knee, and lower it. So, I've adjusted. And now, I just realized I'm using my knee as a damper.

OMG, I'm worthless and weak. Look away from me.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
That's the appeal of the tailgate damper, right there! When I traded my 2001 for my 2019, the first thing I noticed was how high the bed rails and tailgate handle were, compared to what I was used to. When my hands were full on my '91, '96, or my 2001 Rangers, I would drop the tailgate to my hip and easily lower it. The 2019 has a higher bed rail and tailgate than earlier models. Instead of hitting you in the hip when you pop the tailgate, it hits you like the perfect fastball........tits-high!

It's a bit awkward trying to lower it from that height when you have your hands full of tool cases, lumber, patio slabs, or other heavy items. So, I get it - I really do. I now pop the gate, catch it with my knee, and lower it. So, I've adjusted. And now, I just realized I'm using my knee as a damper.

That Damn Damper Pamper... you wussies work it into every thread. If you weren't carrying a purse you could easily lower the tailgate without breaking your fake nails. :crackup:

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Another one bites the dust! lol

I don't have one because of the weight (it's light) it's for the convenience when I'm working and my hands are full. I can walk up and grab it with one finger and let it slooowly fall without dropping everything in my hands. ?

In case you missed it before here's a link for one and use code WELCOME at checkout for free shipping .

https://www.varsityfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-tailgate-damper-cartridge-vkb3z99406a10a?c=az0x

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Dave - if I still had my place in Buckeye, I'd be all over that deal. $40! Wow - here in the Great White North, after exchange, we'll pay double that price!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks Dave - if I still had my place in Buckeye, I'd be all over that deal. $40! Wow - here in the Great White North, after exchange, we'll pay double that price!
Sorry,I forgot you were North of the border now. :headbang:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Another one bites the dust! lol

I don't have one because of the weight (it's light) it's for the convenience when I'm working and my hands are full. I can walk up and grab it with one finger and let it slooowly fall without dropping everything in my hands. ?

In case you missed it before here's a link for one and use code WELCOME at checkout for free shipping .

https://www.varsityfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-tailgate-damper-cartridge-vkb3z99406a10a?c=az0x
Or, you could use this link as an alternative to wanting man-purse stuff?

Manly men

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
I’ve never seen this mentioned and I’ve wondered about it for a while lol
Is this supposed to be a cup holder? The angles are ridiculous.
2DB438D9-CFE9-4819-A267-5B4ED9EC7B13.jpeg
Pretty sure that space was meant to keep your damper while your truck gets accustomed to it. :LOL:

Whiskeybilt

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
chef
My ride to work is at least 3 beers, so I love the extra cup holders. I was hoping this thread was about more of them.
Sponsored