First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
not trying to start a gun debate, i have guns myself, a half dozen of them. Hunting's a thing up here and that's what i own them for.

I get the second amendment so there's nothing i need to be edumacated on there. Its a very strong right. I'm prepared to use mine to defend my life if necessary.

What I want to know, is so many people obviously exercise their second amendment rights in the US, how many are properly trained and familiar with their firearms
so if and when they have to protect themselves, are they more dangerous than the original scenario?

like If I'm downtown Detroit, and some car jacking is going on...am I at more risk of dying because some asshat is blasting caps in every direction, or can I be reasonably comfortable knowing one shot one kill is being employed here???
Good question RP and I'm sure there will be several who will chime in but can you ask it here in the gun thread. This could overtake this thread like the damper does at times. ?

Last edited:

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
not trying to start a gun debate, i have guns myself, a half dozen of them. Hunting's a thing up here and that's what i own them for.

I get the second amendment so there's nothing i need to be edumacated on there. Its a very strong right. I'm prepared to use mine to defend my life if necessary.

What I want to know, is so many people obviously exercise their second amendment rights in the US, how many are properly trained and familiar with their firearms
so if and when they have to protect themselves, are they more dangerous than the original scenario?
like If I'm downtown Detroit, and some car jacking is going on...am I at more risk of dying because some asshat is blasting caps in every direction, or can I be reasonably comfortable knowing one shot one kill is being employed here???
One shot one kill is reserved for luck or the highly trained (think special forces branches who basically get to the point that shoot house training is boring; hands, uniform, shoot / no-shoot - more or less the same three core steps every target). Everybody wants to be gangster till its time to do gangster s*** basically. Besides those few exceptions floating around in the world, high adrenaline flight/fight response turns most peoples gross motor skills to pudding and it becomes a point shooting affair. Almost no one is going to do sight alignment for the first barrage when the asshole coming or gunning for you already has the drop in close quarters.

I don't care if Joe Blow has been to 200 hours of private classes taught by a legit retired delta force operator. He is not shooting tens of thousands of rounds on the government's dime every week. You don't get muscle memory from a hobby.

Even I am part of that group. So I do what humans do best, I cheat in a fight to win - so while things like an RDS (1 focal point vs 3 on standard sights) on a handgun won't solve the problem, but its one more tool in the bucket to help counter-act my human mind and hands.

/soapbox
Sponsored