Convince Me To Buy One

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
:clap::like:After reading this, I think I will take your advise and enjoy the fact I placed a "made to order" vehicle that I really enjoyed to test drive and enjoyed drooling over in the showroom. I guess I'm just seeing the negative issues on the forums, and that's making me second guess. While it's definitely not my first new vehicle, I just wanted to reassure myself for long term ownership. You seem to have had your share of truck ownership and I do value an experienced (more experienced than I) truck owners view. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction and seeing the forest through the trees. I think the extended warranty is a viable point and option when it comes time to finalizing my purchase. I think that peace of mind is needed in my case. Maybe that's just the ticket to meet my demands. Was the warranty a FORD warranty or a third party?
There is something special about special ordering a vehicle. Sounds like reliability was your concern, there is a lot of hype on here, and not many serious problems

Get the Ranger and an extended warranty. My bank who I financed through initially offered a stellar extended warranty, but the dealership wanted to beat it. I've also heard of people using Flood

I got it just for the LED head and tail lights alone. One piece goes out and the whole thing is junk, $1500 a pop
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I've recounted my story of Nissan woe on here before, but in a nutshell I bought a brand new 2018 Pro4X Frontier that was a gleaming turd. Surprised me because my 2011 Frontier was so good.

Dumped it in 6 months because I hated it so.

If you drive the new Frontier again, try making a tight turn in a parking lot.

It's built on the same frame as the old one and supposedly still has the turning radius of the Nimitz class aircraft carriers.

Also, my driving habits are the absolute worst for MPG with lots of short trips in a hilly area.

My Frontier Pro4X averaged ~12mpg. My Ranger on the same driving routine averages ~16 and has WAY more power.

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Actually one of the reasons I DID order this gen, was because I do not care for the new design similar to the Maverick. I'm an old school kinda guy and enjoy the metal bumper look over the plastic skinned bumpers. Plus with this being the last year or two of FORD making this gen, I would have hoped most of the gremlins by now would have been taken care of (maybe wishful thinking on my part :cool: But, no, I will not regret my purchase based on style or features. The vehicle DOES fit me perfectly and checks off all the boxes. Just hope it gives me stress free miles when it comes to repairs. I plan to maintain it probably better than what most manufactures recommend. But like mentioned above, maybe an extended warranty would put me at peace. And if it visits the shop too many times for my liking, I will just trade it in. Appreciate your input :like:
Here's the thing. We actually haven't seen the new design yet. What we saw is for the Australian market. The American version WILL be different. I know the front end will have a different bumper because the Australian version doesn't meet the American standards.

What I didn't like about the Maverick is that the tailgate is similar to the previous F-150. I don't like "hand me downs." But then the new Nissan tailgate looks almost the same. The Tacoma looks the same as well. Now the Australian Ranger has the previous F-150 tailgate look. Come on....really?

Chris98SP

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Veteran/Student
Absolutely agree, a test drive and getting out and kickin the tires were part of my process as well. Looks like we both took the same route in making a decision. I guess the "waiting" (which i really don't mind within reason) is making me second guess :p:like:
I’m not second guessing the waiting game. Like others have said, just be happy with your choice and let time do it’s thing. At the end of the day, when it passes, rest assured that you’re getting exactly what you want. :thumbsup:

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Soon you'll have your Ranger, forget about all the negatives, and be like . . .

homerDrivingAn.gif
Other than love driving the Ranger, we love dumping money into them. And not in a negative way.
So, OP, buck up and get yourself a side spending account for "what you received in the mail today".
I myself will be on there soon. Love driving (and looking at) this truck!

Jmarler

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Certified Hacker. Retired Veteran
Here's the thing. We actually haven't seen the new design yet. What we saw is for the Australian market. The American version WILL be different. I know the front end will have a different bumper because the Australian version doesn't meet the American standards.

What I didn't like about the Maverick is that the tailgate is similar to the previous F-150. I don't like "hand me downs." But then the new Nissan tailgate looks almost the same. The Tacoma looks the same as well. Now the Australian Ranger has the previous F-150 tailgate look. Come on....really?
Apparently on the maverick they don't have the rear window defrost. Ford took it out to cost. Not sure if that's all models but I read that was one of the complaints.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I was a little hesitant too. I've had a few Fords and Chevys that were issues, but one was a 1979 Ford Fairmont and the other 1995 Lumina.

I still have the first car I ever owned, a third-hand 1972 Toyota FJ40 that I've been driving since 1976!

So I'm a little biased. My wife's on her second Corolla. She put 360K miles on the first over 10 years. And my daily driver is a 2005 Scion. So Toyota's been good to us.

I wanted a Tacoma. at first thought, since they are great trucks. But $$$ is a factor (darn money tree died years ago). So I looked at the Maverick. It sure delivers a lot of new things for a great price.

Luckily, I waited too long and couldn't get the 4K tow package.

So then I did a comparison of the Tacoma, Colorado, and Ranger. I looked at payload, max tow capacity, horsepower, and cost. To me, the Ranger XL SuperCab was the best for our needs (kayaking with our dog).

And I ordered it January 28th and got my VIN today, so I'm pretty stoked!

But, that's me. Good luck!

C.moore01

First Name
Colbey Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 escape 2019 ranger
91k miles on my ranger ands it’s been flawless except for the drivers side heated seat that quit working due to heavy use lol .. 24-26 mpg so I’m happy with that and the brakes believe it or not are still in good shape so they’ll go 100k easily for me .. I would definitely purchase again no questions asked, it’s been a great truck for my daily commute and light towing of a side by side occasionally

OP
OP
mailbox4449

mailbox4449

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure yet
91k miles on my ranger ands it’s been flawless except for the drivers side heated seat that quit working due to heavy use lol .. 24-26 mpg so I’m happy with that and the brakes believe it or not are still in good shape so they’ll go 100k easily for me .. I would definitely purchase again no questions asked, it’s been a great truck for my daily commute and light towing of a side by side occasionally
Thanks Colbey :like: Glad to hear its doing well for you. Appreciate the feedback. Hope to have similar results when mine comes in ;)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So, while I've been responding to this thread all morning, on the company's dime, I received an email from FORD my vehicle is scheduled for production 04/04/22 and gave me a VIN :oops: :clap:

I'm taking this as a sign and going full steam ahead, jumping in with both feet, etc. I appreciate everybody who has responded to this thread and will continue to monitor it, but will recommend to the FORUM Mods to maybe bump this thread off the priority pedestal if such a thing exists. I will post my production update to the appropriate thread for my fellow "wait listers". Again, really appreciate the input :like:;)
Congrats on getting your VIN! I'm a die hard Ford guy and hav owned 8 F150's along with my Ranger. All have treated me great through the years and the F150's I used for work and they've never let me down. I've hauled my snowmobiles from MA to Canada with them and have never had one single problem.

My only vehicle I regret buying was my '16 Tacoma. Once the Ranger came back I shipped the Taco on down the road and have ZERO regerts. ? I use my Ranger for work daily and it's tuned and I drive it hard at times with no problems. Now it's possible you could get a lemon as several here have had one but I wouldn't worry yourself about something that "might" happen. As far as the extended warranty I would wait because you have until the 3/36 is up to purchase one. By then you'll know if it's a keeper.

The only thing you'll have to worry about is all of us helping you spend your money. If I were you I would delete your account here as soon as it comes in otherwise say goodby to you savings. :curse:?

Empty Wallet.jpg

OP
OP
mailbox4449

mailbox4449

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure yet
Congrats on getting your VIN! I'm a die hard Ford guy and hav owned 8 F150's along with my Ranger. All have treated me great through the years and the F150's I used for work and they've never let me down. I've hauled my snowmobiles from MA to Canada with them and have never had one single problem.

My only vehicle I regret buying was my '16 Tacoma. Once the Ranger came back I shipped the Taco on down the road and have ZERO regerts. ? I use my Ranger for work daily and it's tuned and I drive it hard at times with no problems. Now it's possible you could get a lemon as several here have had one but I wouldn't worry yourself about something that "might" happen. As far as the extended warranty I would wait because you have until the 3/36 is up to purchase one. By then you'll know if it's a keeper.

The only thing you'll have to worry about is all of us helping you spend your money. If I were you I would delete your account here as soon as it comes in otherwise say goodby to you savings. :curse:?

Empty Wallet.jpg
I was waiting for you to chime in today :clap::LOL:. Yeah...I've been forewarned numerous times since joining about my funds :shock: once I get the vehicle. I appreciate your input as well. Just got the case of cold feet. Reading tooooooo much into it. Scared myself. But after getting the responses here, and the magic FORD email today, I figured I over reacted. Yes, I will keep it in mind about the extended warranty at a later date. I know some stealerships use the "lock in the good deal today" line when it comes to that, but I've also learned that I usually have a certain time frame to "lock in" that "deal" even after I drive away :like: Thanks again for the response and all the thumbs ups :thumbsup::rockon:

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
How do you plan on using the truck? After having owned mine for a little over 2 years and having been on the forum and reading others experience this truck behaves best when you actually drive it daily and somewhat spirited. If you plan on buying it to just sit in the garage and only put 5-6K miles a year on it; it may not be the best vehicle to buy. I'm at 37K miles on my 2019 and have had zero issues that were caused by the assembly line. only thing i have replaced were the tires at 32K because the alignment was knocked out from the fantastic Florida roads we have and caused abnormal wear. If i can get 160-200K out of this truck and it lasts for the next few years until the vehicle market volatility levels off, I'll consider it a win.

Marpater

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Consulting
Deleted original comment, it was just too mean

Been a Ford man my entire life, sure I wandered away a couple of times but came right back, and you know why, cuz there ain't nottin like a Ford Truck!!
Sponsored

Last edited: