No14me

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Mazda B2600 Cab Plus 4x4
Greetings,

Short term lurker. I have been looking at new Ranger since early 2019. Been reluctant to buy one as prices are very similar to F150s. The one attached is the one I’m looking at.My budget for the ranger is 25k as at any higher price I might as well buy a full sized truck or buy a Tacoma with better resale on the back end. This one they sent me an OTD price of 27.2k via email if I don’t take the 0% financing which is fine.. I haven’t went to dealer in person yet, Will tomorrow. I look at some of the deals you guys have gotten and I’m like there is no way I’m paying over 25 for leftover 2019 xl scab 4x4. It does have all the options Except carpet floors. I was thinking 26k with 3 first services, and they install some BFG ATs. Please tell me your thoughts and concerns. I’m not in the market because I have to be, I want to be. I’m in no rush and figured if I can get a killer deal I’ll buy if not I’ll keep driving what I have.

75DA64D9-E1D1-4E27-A75D-241B222D391E.png
Sponsored

meistreguy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
Greetings,

Short term lurker. I have been looking at new Ranger since early 2019. Been reluctant to buy one as prices are very similar to F150s. The one attached is the one I’m looking at.My budget for the ranger is 25k as at any higher price I might as well buy a full sized truck or buy a Tacoma with better resale on the back end. This one they sent me an OTD price of 27.2k via email if I don’t take the 0% financing which is fine.. I haven’t went to dealer in person yet, Will tomorrow. I look at some of the deals you guys have gotten and I’m like there is no way I’m paying over 25 for leftover 2019 xl scab 4x4. It does have all the options Except carpet floors. I was thinking 26k with 3 first services, and they install some BFG ATs. Please tell me your thoughts and concerns. I’m not in the market because I have to be, I want to be. I’m in no rush and figured if I can get a killer deal I’ll buy if not I’ll keep driving what I have.

75DA64D9-E1D1-4E27-A75D-241B222D391E.png
That's not too bad. I went with a 2-wheel drive XL silver one for a little over 26 grand. It does not have a lot of features like the 8" screen, dual climate control, lane departure warning or carpet but I love my pickup because it is simple just like me. Since I bought it in Jan, I have put on a Draw-tite hitch, running boards, AVS bug shield, darker window tint, and a brush guard. If you can, install this yourself like I did to save lots of money. By the way, I love not having carpet!

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
Your not giving the needed information. Is there tax in your state, if so, how much? what are the dealer fees? Never let any dealer give you an "out the door price" unless you want to be a fool. Ask for a line by line breakdown of every cost, so you can see where they are trying fo duck you. quack quack, lol. mainly, they will try to inflate there docs / processing fees, not the DMV fees, but the dealer's fees they call the Doc/Proc fee. Arounf 200 is ok. One just tried to get me for 700, lol. Then look at the dealer discount. That is the most important line, other then no inflated fees or unneeded add ons. The Factory rebates don't cost the dealer a penny, so you want to see how much the dealer is willing to give you off of sticker. Then deduct the Factory rebates in force at the time. Basiclly what you want is NO Frivolous fees and a good dealer discount. Walk out with no added insurance unless your gonna beat the drive train by towing allot, special considerations are unique, but generly, you just want to pay for the Truck after the dealer discounts, factory rebates and DMV fees. give them 150-200 for dealer doc fees, and drive home happy. Dealer discount- where the rubber hits the road! Good Day!

meistreguy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
Your not giving the needed information. Is there tax in your state, if so, how much? what are the dealer fees? Never let any dealer give you an "out the door price" unless you want to be a fool. Ask for a line by line breakdown of every cost, so you can see where they are trying fo duck you. quack quack, lol. mainly, they will try to inflate there docs / processing fees, not the DMV fees, but the dealer's fees they call the Doc/Proc fee. Arounf 200 is ok. One just tried to get me for 700, lol. Then look at the dealer discount. That is the most important line, other then no inflated fees or unneeded add ons. The Factory rebates don't cost the dealer a penny, so you want to see how much the dealer is willing to give you off of sticker. Then deduct the Factory rebates in force at the time. Basiclly what you want is NO Frivolous fees and a good dealer discount. Walk out with no added insurance unless your gonna beat the drive train by towing allot, special considerations are unique, but generly, you just want to pay for the Truck after the dealer discounts, factory rebates and DMV fees. give them 150-200 for dealer doc fees, and drive home happy. Dealer discount- where the rubber hits the road! Good Day!
Just trying to be helpful but every once in a while I run across a grouch like you that is so ungrat
The next time you request information I will give you two pieces of advice: 1. Be specific in what you want for an answer and 2. Don't be so rude.

JeffM

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
A $28k truck around here would have a $3-4k dealer discount in addition to any factory rebates. When I bought my XLT the dealer discount ranged from $2800-4000 for every truck. My wife just bought an Escape 2 weeks ago with a $3k dealer discount on top of rebates.

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cool Dude
Just trying to be helpful but every once in a while I run across a grouch like you that is so ungrat

The next time you request information I will give you two pieces of advice: 1. Be specific in what you want for an answer and 2. Don't be so rude.
I was talking to the OP. I don't even know what your talking about. bye.

OP
OP

No14me

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was talking to the OP. I don't even know what your talking about. bye.
Not sure how my post is interpreted as “rude”. Seems like you may be a bit sensitive. None the less I’ll add the breakout here shortly.

OP
OP

No14me

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is the breakout. The actual breakout is about 1k less when he found out I was a first responder so it’s about 27.2.

ED5C6AA3-855E-46E5-895D-F563621CF48F.jpeg

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cool Dude
The other guy wrote that I don't get the rude thing either, think it was directed at me. You need more detail from them, you need them to list every rebate exactly, and the dealer discount. The ' Processing' is BS. Should be around 150. You want to look at the APR your getting and what the dealer is giving you off the truck vs what the factory (Ford) is giving you. From a deal i was just working on, If you don't take any special interest rates, and don't defer any payments, and you get the conquest promotional, you can get 4500 from the factory, your saying your getting 800 as a first responder, so that's 5300 from the factory, minus the 7.8k they're giving you, looks like 2200 off from the dealer, minus 650 of the 799 BS processing, they are giving you $1650 dollars off the cost of the truck from the dealer. I think you could do better. I also heard the First Resp discount was 500, not 800, but it may have changed. That's why you need, Granular DETAIL in the deal. see what they are really doing. All these are just estimates, i'd need to see the actual deal numbers.

Last edited:
OP
OP

No14me

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The other guy wrote that I don't get the rude thing either, think it was directed at me. You need more detail from them, you need them to list every rebate exactly, and the dealer discount. The ' Processing' is BS. Should be around 150. You want to look at the APR your getting and what the dealer is giving you off the truck vs what the factory (Ford) is giving you. From a deal i was just working on, If you don't take any special interest rates, and don't defer any payments, and you get the conquest promotional, you can get 4500 from the factory, your saying your getting 800 as a first responder, so that's 5300 from the factory, minus the 7.8k they're giving you, looks like 2200 off from the dealer, minus 650 of the 799 BS processing, they are giving you $1650 dollars off the cost of the truck from the dealer. I think you could do better. I also heard the First Resp discount was 500, not 800, but it may have changed. That's why you need, Granular DETAIL in the deal. see what they are really doing. All these are just estimates, i'd need to see the actual deal numbers.
I will ask them to break it down today. I totally concur. I would like to get it at 25k because at anything more I could buy a full size F150 for same price/not much more. Thank you for your feedback.

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cool Dude
Other thing to note is that if you maximize your factory rebate by forgoing the promotional APRs and instead accept a higher APR to get more cash from the factory, you can then turn around and refi with a credit union or bank a little while later to dump the higher APR. best of both worlds. ?
Assuming you have good credit.

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
Here is the breakout. The actual breakout is about 1k less when he found out I was a first responder so it’s about 27.2.

ED5C6AA3-855E-46E5-895D-F563621CF48F.jpeg
holy shit that month(ly) payment :LOL:

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
I will ask them to break it down today. I totally concur. I would like to get it at 25k because at anything more I could buy a full size F150 for same price/not much more. Thank you for your feedback.
You sure about this? You can find a new Supercab 4x4 F150 equipped equivalent to 101A for under $30k OTD?

OP
OP

No14me

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You sure about this? You can find a new Supercab 4x4 F150 equipped equivalent to 101A for under $30k OTD?
Yep right about 28k otd Base xl 4x4with an v6 and 101a, it’s boring but it’s still and “upgrade” if you will.

OP
OP

No14me

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other thing to note is that if you maximize your factory rebate by forgoing the promotional APRs and instead accept a higher APR to get more cash from the factory, you can then turn around and refi with a credit union or bank a little while later to dump the higher APR. best of both worlds. ?
Assuming you have good credit.
This dealership claims that out of $7045 worth of rebates only $3500 comes from ford if you finance with them and the other 3545 comes from dealer, (yeah right) . Another ford dealership in my area gives you the full 7-8k if you bring your own financing but doesn’t have a ford ranger that fits my criteria. At this point I’ll just wait till summer or fall. Maybe rangers are “too expensive” for me?
Sponsored