First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I'm not sure if you're referring to light bars, but yeah, they can be a bit big and unwieldy if you're not into that sort of thing. What I'm looking at is more like the ones linked below. Due to being smaller, there are more mounting options and it should be possible to place them so they end up looking more like extra high beams.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/off-road-auxiliary-led/led-pods.html
I was talking about those, I’ve only seen them mounted to the hood.
Sponsored

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab Saber FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I have seen them mounted higher up like you describe, but I was thinking it also might be possible to mount them somewhere on the grille just next to the high beams. It might take some extra hardware and extra work though. Also, the grille varies between the trim levels and ours is an XLT, so the the grille might be set up differently. I haven't really taken all that close of a look yet, though, I'll have to look and plan it out a bit before ordering anything. Maybe it's not as easy as I think.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I've got a set of side shooters mounted under bumper. Holes already exist for mounting.
IMG_2937.JPG

IMG_2873.JPG
Are those the ones in the middle? If so, do they interfere with the sensors on the Lariat?

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab Saber FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I've got a set of side shooters mounted under bumper. Holes already exist for mounting.
Nice. I'll check out that option too.

RingoGR

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xl supercab
Occupation
retired
Hi. I find that I am constantly getting flashed that my brights are on when they are not on at all. I have a Lariet, which I believe comes with some fancy lights or something. I'm getting flashed by like 50% of cars that pass me. Even many semi trucks are flashing me. There's got to be something wrong.

It seems maybe they're aimed incorrectly? If so, how can I aim them down a little?

If not, what else can it be?
i have a 2019 XL and i get the same all the time with the brights getting flashed on me for my headlamps.

Deleted member 1634

If you're creative and resourceful enough you can mount them anywhere. I was going to suggest either below the grille or inside the lower bumper as already mentioned. I have a pair of lights mounted to the lower slot of the XLT grille. No drilling required for that, and they're on the same level as the other low/high beams so they do essentially act like an extra set of headlights. If I didn't do that, I would've mounted a set in the lower grille opening as others have noted, which would essentially act as extra set of fog lights.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hi. I find that I am constantly getting flashed that my brights are on when they are not on at all. I have a Lariet, which I believe comes with some fancy lights or something. I'm getting flashed by like 50% of cars that pass me. Even many semi trucks are flashing me. There's got to be something wrong.

It seems maybe they're aimed incorrectly? If so, how can I aim them down a little?

Jillian, do you happen to be from the South? I have always called them my "brights" & "dims". My husband always gives me heck about it.:LOL: I never heard them referred to as anything else growing up. Just glad to know I'm not alone in the world.:clap:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Jillian, do you happen to be from the South? I have always called them my "brights" & "dims". My husband always gives me heck about it.:LOL: I never heard them referred to as anything else growing up. Just glad to know I'm not alone in the world.:clap:
Tracy - you are not alone. I have never called low beams "dims", but I call high beams "brights" all the time. And I wasn't raised in the south or have never lived there. But some people would say I'm a little odd, so there is that. :LOL:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Tracy - you are not alone. I have never called low beams "dims", but I call high beams "brights" all the time. And I wasn't raised in the south or have never lived there. But some people would say I'm a little odd, so there is that. :LOL:
Well, it's good to be a "little odd". Glad there ARE others out there! :clap: :turkey:

Deleted member 1634

Same. No "dims", but definitely "brights". I only call them "high beams" on this forum. Mostly to avoid confusion, but also so I don't get ridiculed by technical people for using a casual term. haha

rpeterson53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2019 Mazda MX-5 RF, 2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R

I have a 2019 Lariat and was getting the flashing light response from oncoming drivers. I had the Ford Performance leveling kit installed by the Ford dealer. The work statement from Ford requires headlamp adjustment. The document from the dealer stated this was accomplished. Yesterday, I checked the headlamp adjustment per the shop manual. Both sides were significantly higher than the target bar which was 41 inches from 25 feet distance based on the height of the center point of the light lens. Easy adjustment using an 8mm socket and ratchet. I was going to take the truck back to the dealer at first and have them check and confirm adjustment. But frankly, I don't trust them doing it correct.

FYI, I also checked the adjustment of the fog lamps per the shop manual. Both were about 4 inches below the target bar.....and this after the leveling kit install. And this from the factory ! I have to wonder if they actually alignment the fog lamps in production but just some rough setting and hope its right or wait for the Customer to complain. Its an easy adjustment once you find the adjustment wheel. I turned the wheels full hard in one direction and then felt around the light connector for the adjustment wheel.
Sponsored