Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, SPORT
Occupation
Nurse
Hey Ford Family,
Very new to doing things to my truck. I installed diode dynamic license plate and 3rd brake lights, love them. I am thinking of doing turn signals. On the youtube site they recommend installing resistors, as opposed to switching out the relay. First where is the relay and does switching the relay mess with any warranty situation. Is hyperblinking bad for the vehicle or annoying?
Thanks ,
Neil
Sponsored

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Hey Ford Family,
Very new to doing things to my truck. I installed diode dynamic license plate and 3rd brake lights, love them. I am thinking of doing turn signals. On the youtube site they recommend installing resistors, as opposed to switching out the relay. First where is the relay and does switching the relay mess with any warranty situation. Is hyperblinking bad for the vehicle or annoying?
Thanks ,
Neil
If you er familiar with forscan, YOu can turn the hyper blinking off. Then there is no need to change anything or add resistors. I can do this on my unit so Im pretty sure you can on the US Rangers.

The actual hyper blinking wont hurt anything but maybe your pride :crackup: . I guess it is annoying that the vehicle thinks you have a light out all the time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NurseNeil

NurseNeil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, SPORT
Occupation
Nurse
If you er familiar with forscan, YOu can turn the hyper blinking off. Then there is no need to change anything or add resistors. I can do this on my unit so Im pretty sure you can on the US Rangers.

The actual hyper blinking wont hurt anything but maybe your pride :crackup: . I guess it is annoying that the vehicle thinks you have a light out all the time.
I saw something about that too. How easy is the forscan?

Caluke

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Automotive tech
Forscan is the best way to go. It not all that difficult, just make sure you get a quality obd2 interface. No messing around with resistors or cutting into the factory wiring. There is a simple menu to turn off hyperblink, no need to mess around with the actual coding numbers. this is the interface I have used with many vehicles (obdlink mx+).
Sponsored