Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Well hopefully this mess will be sorted out soon and we can get back to some normalcy for 2021. Then there's no excuse...Road trip! ?
I'll be over 100,000 miles by then ?
Sponsored

Deleted member 1634

Gents, I currently own a 2018 F-150 5.0 that I love but sadly with far less than 20k miles is plagued with transmission, electrical and interior problems. This seems to be a prevailing problem for f-150s across the board. Have you guys and girls had good transmissions and reliability? how about MPG with FX4 package? all info is greatly appreciated.
First I've ever heard of F-150 issues of that kind, but nevertheless disappointing to hear such bad experiences.

As far as the Ranger: 2019 FX4, 18 months of ownership, 29,590 miles with no issues whatsoever. Transmission and powertrain are amazing and a wonderful match. If I really relax I can eek out close to 30mpg on the highway. I regularly get anywhere between 22-25mpg commuting to/from work and errands around town. Towing and winter drop that to between 18-21mpg.

In the end, if you're comfortable with the smaller size, then the Ranger is high on the list to move in to. I recommend it based on my experiences.

OP
OP
ddtcm81

ddtcm81

First Name
tc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Occupation
armed service
First I've ever heard of F-150 issues of that kind, but nevertheless disappointing to hear such bad experiences.

As far as the Ranger: 2019 FX4, 18 months of ownership, 29,590 miles with no issues whatsoever. Transmission and powertrain are amazing and a wonderful match. If I really relax I can eek out close to 30mpg on the highway. I regularly get anywhere between 22-25mpg commuting to/from work and errands around town. Towing and winter drop that to between 18-21mpg.

In the end, if you're comfortable with the smaller size, then the Ranger is high on the list to move in to. I recommend it based on my experiences.
That is good to here, I have owned many Fords in life (all Fords actually) in including my 97 lariat I still own and probably always will. I am very sad about the current state of the 10 speed and the pending class action. If you are not aware chevy and ford developed said transmission together and the Silverado shares the same transmission with the same issue. I believe the problem started in 17 and is why I chose to cancel my bronco reservation. I am happy to here about the ranger as I have previously owned two great rangers- a 1990 XLT 4x4 and an 04 FX4 that is still on the road today with no problems over 200k. I will miss the magnaflows on my 5.0, but since I already have an F-150 and I am out of the country normally 50% of the year im perfectly fine with reliability over horsepower.

OP
OP
ddtcm81

ddtcm81

First Name
tc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Occupation
armed service
Since 2015 I have owned 2 S550 Coyote mustangs a Ford Fiesta and the Ranger and non of them gave me any hassle. I’ve traditionally been a Euro guy but I’ve had no issues so I have to concede that they have been better than any BMW or VW product I’ve owned.

Nevertheless I am sorry u have had so many issues, it would dent my faith in a company too but the above has been my experience owning Ford’s.

Just to add Ford dealers sadly have not been a good experience for me personally but I can’t blame the Company for that as mine don’t work for Ford directly.

Hope that helps and that things settle for you.
The 2015 was the 6 speed and a very solid year.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Gents, I currently own a 2018 F-150 5.0 that I love but sadly with far less than 20k miles is plagued with transmission, electrical and interior problems. This seems to be a prevailing problem for f-150s across the board. Have you guys and girls had good transmissions and reliability? how about MPG with FX4 package? all info is greatly appreciated.
I've only put c. 10,000 miles on my 2019 Ranger Lariat, but there have been absolutely no mechanical or software problems at all, everything works great, and it is a pleasure to drive! I have the FX4, and I am currently getting 18.7 MPG, but that says more about my preferences and style that it does about the vehicle (the truck is leveled, for one thing, and I love punching the turbo on mountain roads, for another). I know a lot of the guys on the forum are getting mid-twenties or more MPG with their 4XF Rangers. Our previous vehicle was also a Ford (Explorer Limited 2014), drove it c. 100,000 over five years with hardly any issues, and what did come up, our Ford dealer took care of, got it right the first time, all under warranty).

OP
OP
ddtcm81

ddtcm81

First Name
tc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Occupation
armed service
How about gasoline in the oil?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Well hopefully this mess will be sorted out soon and we can get back to some normalcy for 2021. Then there's no excuse...Road trip! ?
Impossible!! A whole conversation on mileage and no mention of how the damper's wind coefficients aide per gallon/mileometer ...sacrilege:giggle:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
the bottom line is if you have a TG damper....you're so enamored with it, you totally forget to look at the rest of the truck and see the multitude of problems it has.
best rose colored glasses money could buy.

The Ranger, along with any brand x and model y, has its fair share of problems.
no vehicle is immune or perfect from faults.

if you're looking for perfection, thats a lofty goal no one can achieve.
I dunno, Sid @Msfitoy seems to have perfected Ranger luminosity :crackup:

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
What ever happened to my reply to this post :idea:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
What ever happened to my reply to this post :idea:
Yep just a ? I just sent Sid a PM seeing he had previous insight on such behavior:LOL:

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
Yep just a ? I just sent Sid a PM seeing he had previous insight on such behavior:LOL:
You can be banned for that. There were no political persuasions just climatic.
WOW

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You can be banned for that. There were no political persuasions just climatic.
WOW
I thought there was? Maybe I'm thinking of something else or just tired and losing it today. :crazy:

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
I thought there was? Maybe I'm thinking of something else or just tired and losing it today. :crazy:
Dang thought I past kindergartner's a long time ago.
Sponsored