Confidence "Boost"!?

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
OP...disregard those who say the Ranger is not perfect. YES IT IS!:turkey: Bought June 5, 2019, 25,000 miles. Not one problem. What engine noise? (don't know what they're talking about!) Welcome & enjoy your beautiful new Ranger. :like:

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x4 Lariat - Saber
Occupation
I'm fly. I'm pilot.

JoeC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I bought my Ranger in April 2019, almost 2 years ago now.
Haven't had any problems, other than buying stuff for it.

BUT, much of that time has been spent hiding out from the plague.
Only have 5000 miles on it!

At this rate, my next expense will be new tires due to dryrot!

Sorry I couldn't be more help, enjoy your new truck.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Paul, don't let those things worry you. You'll never be able to enjoy the truck that way. Remember, forums are the place for folks to go, and ask about problems, Very seldom do you see a thread titled, "I love my (insert vehicle type/name here)". Don't look back, just enjoy the ride.
So absolutely true across the board for all products and services....especially services as it seems very few people take the time to thank businesses for good service. The challenge is that it is often hard to put problems/complaints in a perspective as a part of the whole...that is why I like Yelp for restaurants...still get the butt hurt and impossible to please but there is perspective and owners can and often do respond.

BlueBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
My brother's a Ford dealer tech for decades. He wasn't "too familiar" with the Rangers because few of them have come in with problems. The service writer has one and my brother is planning to get one. So, I'd say they aren't exactly "ramp tramps". What he told me about the 2.3 ecoboost is that the Mustang guys pull 500 hp out of them. He said the high pressure pump is a bit noisy, and because there isn't the second FI system as with the 2.7, just DI, they can be a bit noisy at times. He hates that they have an EGR cooler. Otherwise it was a hearty recommend.

I've noticed a bit of engine noise. Not much, it's pretty quiet. But then I ride a Harley so I grade on a curve. There's an annoying buzz on the dash top sometimes. Overall I'd say the Ranger is pretty refined. Forums tend to concentrate problems. Do you come here to say, "gee, I had a trouble free month with the Ranger"? I don't because I'd worry about jinxing myself.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My brother's a Ford dealer tech for decades. He wasn't "too familiar" with the Rangers because few of them have come in with problems. The service writer has one and my brother is planning to get one. So, I'd say they aren't exactly "ramp tramps". What he told me about the 2.3 ecoboost is that the Mustang guys pull 500 hp out of them. He said the high pressure pump is a bit noisy, and because there isn't the second FI system as with the 2.7, just DI, they can be a bit noisy at times. He hates that they have an EGR cooler. Otherwise it was a hearty recommend.

I've noticed a bit of engine noise. Not much, it's pretty quiet. But then I ride a Harley so I grade on a curve. There's an annoying buzz on the dash top sometimes. Overall I'd say the Ranger is pretty refined. Forums tend to concentrate problems. Do you come here to say, "gee, I had a trouble free month with the Ranger"? I don't because I'd worry about jinxing myself.
Hi BB,

Good to know Rangers are not hanger queens for the most part. Dash rattle is likely the defroster duct....you can search the forums here for this and how folks have "fixed" it including some dealer fixes too...

Enjoy your Ranger!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored