First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat (El Trucke)
Occupation
IT Guy and Former International Athlete
I just placed an out of state order with Granger for my Lariat with 501a and bedliner. They informed me that there was a commodity hold on the adaptive cruise control and the bedliner. I don’t have a VIN yet so I can still make changes.

Aside from removing the 501a, not much I can do there. I want the tech package, though TBH not particularly for the cruise control.

Where I do have options is the bedliner. I can remove the factory coat and go one of two routes:

1) Pay Granger to do it as a dealer installed option. Probably costs a bit more than the factory one, but not significantly so.

Pro- Less hassle, I get the truck I wanted with nothing additional to deal with.
Con?- Any issues, I’d probably have to go thru the dealer 900 miles away from home. Am I thinking that one thru right?

2) Go with a LineX or equivalent locally. Will cost more especially if I get the UV protectant version.

Pro- Probably a better product than the factory option? Local dealer would work out any issues.
Con-More hassle, probably more expensive.

Given the 4-5 month lead time I was given, I kinda wonder if the commodity holds would be done with by then. On the other hand, maybe Ford can already project future shortages. bah, I dunno.

looking for advice on changing the order before it’s too late and possible other alternatives. TIA!
Sponsored

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
That's a tough call because you don't know when they might release parts. How much of a hurry are you in for it ?

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
I would be willing to get the spray-in liner done elsewhere. Maybe slightly more. Lots of people are happier with the aftermarket options.
I’ve had the factory spray-in liner on my past couple F150’s and now the Ranger. It is good enough for how I use it.

As for the Tech package, that is something you cannot add on. I really like the options on my Lariat Tremor (tech pkg included). Not sure if I’d say it was a deal breaker if I couldn’t get it. I would have waited longer if I had to.

On a positive note - can/have you deleted the ASS? I hear you also get a $50.00 credit. That alone is worth the wait!

OP
OP
Foodieguy

Foodieguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That's a tough call because you don't know when they might release parts. How much of a hurry are you in for it ?
ive already placed my order but no VIN yet, so the clock is ticking. Once I get a VIN I can’t make any changes.

OP
OP
Foodieguy

Foodieguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
On a positive note - can/have you deleted the ASS? I hear you also get a $50.00 credit. That alone is worth the wait!
ok I dunno what the ASS delete is, enlighten me plz?

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
ASS—Auto Start/Stop. Turns the engine off when you come to a stop, restarts when you let off the brake.

Pinski66

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
I ordered mine in mid june. The dealer told me if i got the factory bed liner it would delay my order. I got line-x and they did a nice job. I have heard good things about bullet bed liner too, but line-x was a lot more convenient. I wouldn't hesitate on going aftermarket for the bedliner

If you really want the tech package maybe its worth it to wait.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
If you really want the tech package maybe its worth it to wait.
When I decided to replace my 2007 Tundra there were a few items I wanted as "must have" in the replacement truck such as a NAV system, a backup camera, adaptive cruise control (I really like this feature), etc. Only you can decide what you want and what you can live with. If it was me, I'd wait until the vehicle was available with all I wanted on it. After all, I plan on keeping the truck for several years and a year after receiving the truck, I won't want to say to myself every time I drove it, Golly gee, I wish I had ordered that option. Yes. golly gee is a term....

OP
OP
Foodieguy

Foodieguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So what about the bedliner options from the dealer? Are those typically as good as the factory or are they like LineX or equivalent? I dunno where dealerships use but Im assuming it’s a lowball vendor.

Ive asked for more info from the dealership but nothing back yet.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
So what about the bedliner options from the dealer? Are those typically as good as the factory or are they like LineX or equivalent? I dunno where dealerships use but Im assuming it’s a lowball vendor.

Ive asked for more info from the dealership but nothing back yet.
I'd say that LineX is better than factory. My experience with Ford's accessory options is that aftermarket is usually better. I've been very disappointed in the Ford accessories that I purchased.
Don't just assume the dealer uses a lowball vendor. I'd call and ask. My dealer did the spray-in liner for my truck and it came back with a LineX sticker.
Sponsored