Leasing advice

96RangerSTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Edge Limited / Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
For those that have leased a new Ranger, how is routine maintenance setup to be handled (oil changes, tire rotations, filter changes, inspection stickers)? I've heard a couple other non-luxury brands include all these items as part of the lease, but I'm not familiar with what Ford does.
Sponsored

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
For those that have leased a new Ranger, how is routine maintenance setup to be handled (oil changes, tire rotations, filter changes, inspection stickers)? I've heard a couple other non-luxury brands include all these items as part of the lease, but I'm not familiar with what Ford does.
Not included with purchase/lease of a new Ranger.

You should read the owner's manual, from page 426 about scheduled maintenance: 2019 Ford Ranger Owners Manual, Quick Reference Guide, Packaging Guide

Some common scheduled maintenance:
  • Tire rotations every 5K miles
  • Oil changes every 10k miles
  • Cabin air filter every 20k miles
  • Engine air filter every 30k miles
Assuming you only drive it for 36k miles, you won't do much maintenance in the first 3 years.

96RangerSTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Edge Limited / Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
Not included with purchase/lease of a new Ranger.

You should read the owner's manual, from page 426 about scheduled maintenance: 2019 Ford Ranger Owners Manual, Quick Reference Guide, Packaging Guide

Some common scheduled maintenance:
  • Tire rotations every 5K miles
  • Oil changes every 10k miles
  • Cabin air filter every 20k miles
  • Engine air filter every 30k miles
Assuming you only drive it for 36k miles, you won't do much maintenance in the first 3 years.
Ok thanks for the info - that's pretty reasonable. Nice to see that the recommended oil change intervals have stretched out so much.

I wonder if they ask you to obtain receipts for maintenance (of course someone could do any of the above themselves, and in that case there wouldn't be any service slips to hand in).
Sponsored