Need some help/advice

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Tomorrow I meet the dealer to take delivery of my new Ranger - Lariat, FX4 and a few other goodies.

When I see all these incentives I give my dealer a call and ask if they apply to me. I always get either a straight out “no” or a “we will run all the available rebates for you when you pick up the Ranger”.

I’ve called Ford marketing and have gone online to the Ford Incentives site. So far I qualify for 3.9% or $500. Ford thinks I qualify for more. It the dealer says no.

So, how do I ensure I am getting every rebate/incentive available to me when I pick it up tomorrow?

Thanks
Sponsored

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It may depend on incentives in your zip code.

OP
OP

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
It may depend on incentives in your zip code.
Yeah I know this. Issue is that I do qualify for some rebates but the dealer is says my I don’t. Ford Motor company says I do but it have to go through the dealer. The ford incentive site says I qualify for some and dealer is saying mg either I don’t get them or I have to wait till I close on the Ranger to find out what I do qualify for.

I don’t think this is right

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I know this. Issue is that I do qualify for some rebates but the dealer is says my I don’t. Ford Motor company says I do but it have to go through the dealer. The ford incentive site says I qualify for some and dealer is saying mg either I don’t get them or I have to wait till I close on the Ranger to find out what I do qualify for.

I don’t think this is right
It’s sad the games they play.
For a discount without haggling, do you have AAA, AARP, Costco, or SamsClub...they offer discounts....or before you get the truck, sign-up for a year of Mustang Club of America and get Ford X Plan and a pricing discount PIN.

https://www.mustang.org/content.php/149-Benefits-of-MCA-Membership

OP
OP

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
For a discount without haggling, do you have AAA, AARP, Costco, or SamsClub...they offer discounts....or before you get the truck, sign-up for a year of Mustang Club of America and get Ford X Plan and a pricing discount PIN.

Thanks. I got xplan pricing due to where I work. Also got the $750 incentive.

I’m just seeing these newer discounts that I k is I qualify for. Just trying to determine best way to handle the discussion this eveneing when I pick up the Ranger.

Doesn’t seem right to me that the dealer would pick and choose applicable rebates/incentives that apply.

I could be dead wrong on this as well.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I got xplan pricing due to where I work. Also got the $750 incentive.

I’m just seeing these newer discounts that I k is I qualify for. Just trying to determine best way to handle the discussion this eveneing when I pick up the Ranger.

Doesn’t seem right to me that the dealer would pick and choose applicable rebates/incentives that apply.

I could be dead wrong on this as well.
I believe that there is no incentive for the dealer to "hide" any incentives since I think they come from Ford, not the dealer. So it doesn't come out of the dealers "cut" if they offer you all the incentives available. But maybe some need to look harder or maybe it incurs more paperwork. A good dealer would offer them.

I would just ask what other incentives you are eligible for. It would be nice to go in and with some sort of info ahead of time, though.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord

I got an additional discount because I had another brand of car. I had to provide them current registration, pink slip or payment documents. It’s called the Conquest discount program.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
I got an additional discount because I had another brand of car. I had to provide them current registration, pink slip or payment documents. It’s called the Conquest discount program.
That is only available on the left coast.

I'm waiting for that one to reach ohio

Muscam1

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
I received the Conquest $1000 credit and another $500 cash back for a total of $1,500 here in Oklahoma. Dealer took it right off the final price of the car. I did have to sign a document indicating the dealer took the $1500 off so they would receive direct payment from Ford on the discounts.

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired
Nope...I got a notice of the exact same thing in Texas....
I got the note and a call from the dealer here in Texas also. Unfortunately all my cars are Fords.
Sponsored