OP

cloo

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 RAM 2500, 2022 Porsche 911 Carrera S
2019 is no way a equal comparison to what's going on currently, we should only be so fortunate to have '19 as current situation.
And to the OP 'cloo' what are you ordering a Screw or Scab? Screws have a better build rate. FYI.
Best to you and spec'ing your order.
@Mustang2Ranger mentioned that he was just giving a comparison of 'normal times' with his time frames. I'm planning on a Ranger Tremor - afaik that only comes in a screw? I'm planning on popping into the dealer to order this weekend. They have one on the lot that is the exact spec I'm looking for but I have time and really not interested in paying $5K ADM.
Sponsored

OP
OP

cloo

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
theres always the used market....easier to time a purchase for your needs.
In 'normal' times I'd completely agree. The used market is so crazy right now that it just makes sense for me to pay MSRP. Plus, I'd want to equip for off-road and it seems that the Tremor gets me most of the way there.

On the plus side, there's a good chance I'll get close to what I paid for my 11-year-old RAM 2500 when I sell. Crazy times...

OP
OP

cloo

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah, so i misread. Need for limit on time before trip. That makes sense.
And fx4 trim will get you most of what a tremor offers. Just an fyi
Thanks for the info. Yes, also looked at the FX4 trim and it looks good - just interested in the additional suspension components and lift. Saves me the trouble of doing it myself :)

Marpater

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Consulting
Just a note many time Ford finance offers deals 0% or 1K-2K off MSRP to finance with them, they are simple interest loans which may be paid off without penalty.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
@Mustang2Ranger mentioned that he was just giving a comparison of 'normal times' with his time frames. I'm planning on a Ranger Tremor - afaik that only comes in a screw? I'm planning on popping into the dealer to order this weekend. They have one on the lot that is the exact spec I'm looking for but I have time and really not interested in paying $5K ADM.
Just a suggestion Craig. When you order get a signed agreement on the price. The horror stories of folks ordering, thinking they would get one price, and when the vehicle arrived got a stupid high ADM tacked on the price would curl your hair. Dealers are struggling these days, and have done some underhanded things to make up money. Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

OP
OP

cloo

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a suggestion Craig. When you order get a signed agreement on the price. The horror stories of folks ordering, thinking they would get one price, and when the vehicle arrived got a stupid high ADM was tacked on the price would curl your hair. Delaers are struggling these days, and have done some underhanded things to make up money. Welcome to the forum.
Really good point about pricing. I'll make sure and get a signed buyer's agreement for OTD price. I've never bought a new Ford so don't have a history with these guys. Hopefully they're stand-up and won't try to play any games.

ScottyT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Will a deposit be needed for a signed buyers agreement though?

As far as used, during these times? No thanks.

OP
OP

cloo

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will a deposit be needed for a signed buyers agreement though?

As far as used, during these times? No thanks.
I'm expecting there will be a deposit. I plan on making sure there's enough 'outs' to get that refunded based on price, timing, etc.

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Last year, I factory ordered my Lariat Tremor and even added the factory spray-in liner?
Ordered at the beginning of May, also during the chip shortage. Hoped to have the truck for a mid August vacation. It arrived at the dealership in mid July.

ScottyT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm expecting there will be a deposit. I plan on making sure there's enough 'outs' to get that refunded based on price, timing, etc.
My initial order (even received a Production Date) had a deposit with Dealer A. Then found Dealer B with a below invoice price on new orders. Placed an order (still waiting on Production Date). No deposit required. Canceled Dealer A order and did receive my deposit back fortunately.
Sponsored