Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Good Morning!

As promised in my intro, I said I would do some detailing write ups. I have been an enthusiast for about 12 years now, and can not stand to have a dirty vehicle, ha!

The first thing I tackled this morning before work was the driver’s seat on my new to me 2019 Ranger Lariat.

Products Used: (I PROMISE I do not work for Adam’s Polishes, they probably couldn’t afford me?)

•Adam’s Leather & Interior Cleaner
•Adam’s All Purpose Interior Cleaning Gel
•Adam’s Leather Conditioner

Adam’s Cockpit Brushes (Mini & Standard)
•Adam’s Interior Foam Dressing Pad (Nice and large for bigger hands or surfaces like our trucks)
•Adam’s Edgeless Utility Towels (Microfiber)

920754C3-6894-4986-972B-D396D0CF97A5.jpeg

Part One (Prep):
•VACUUM. You want to get any crumbs or anything out of the crevices of your seats so that you do not grind it in while cleaning.

Part Two (Clean):
•Lightly spray either the Interior Cleaning Gel or Interior Cleaner directly on the seat or into your microfiber towel if you do not want to use a brush.
•I used about 4-5 sprays of the Interior Cleaning Gel on my seat for reference. Once sprayed, I took the Cockpit Brush and LIGHTLY brushed the seats similar to how you would clean your shoes.
•If you think your seats are clean, I am here to tell you they probably are not..?
•You will notice when your seat is actually clean it will have a matte-like sheen to it. (If you do not know, really shiny leather is generally dirty. On the steering wheel for instance, the oils and grime from our hands makes it glossy).

7D47966C-CC21-4A5B-B0E0-A8C5DC456689.jpeg

Part Three (Protect):
Make sure the seat is nice and dry before applying a dressing or protectant of your choice. I use a clean microfiber towel to do a final wipe before applying.
•Take your Leather & Interior Dressing and make two or three lines of product in your applicator and spread it around with your finger on the pad.
•I always apply dressings like a wax or ceramic coating on paint. (Crosshatch pattern to ensure even coverage)
•Use a clean microfiber towel to buff the product and you have some very clean seats!:like: Do not forget about the back!

42D3B95F-80E2-469B-A5A9-DAA2F962599F.jpeg

F59DBDE7-C935-4695-81B3-A60C397B5E45.jpeg

Final Thoughts:
Product wise you can use whatever you like, I am just a fan of Adam’s and their stellar customer service. I have used them for years, and know some of the key people in the organization.

Adam’s has two Leather/Interior dressings. The Leather Conditioner(used here) is a satin sheen product and has a pleasant leather scent. It may be too shiny for some people, but I think the dark sheen it has is perfect, and does not look cheap like some of the glossy dressings on the market. The Leather Conditioner has SPF protection as well. Adam’s Interior Dressing comes in a white bottle and is odorless. It has a factory matte sheen. I use both products so they are just as good.

My advice when detailing is ALWAYS test an inconspicuous area when trying a new product. The Adam’s Interior Gel is a strong cleaner, but I was sure to check if I was getting any black dye on my towels versus grime.

I hope this helps! Enjoy keeping your leather fresh for years to come!?
Any thoughts on the mikko suede in the Tremors I regards to cleaning products? If I'm not mistaken, mikko suede is just a fancy term for synthetic cloth that looks like suede.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Trash Panda

Trash Panda

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Any thoughts on the mikko suede in the Tremors I regards to cleaning products? If I'm not mistaken, mikko suede is just a fancy term for synthetic cloth that looks like suede.
Hey John, Mikko is just the brand name. In the detailing world the inserts are known as Alcantara as a catch-all name.

In a nutshell it is actually a microfiber-like durable material when properly taken care of.

Sonex makes a Alcantara specific Cleaner. You can use other products as well, just make sure it is Alcantara safe. Adam’s Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner can even be used to lightly clean it.

Some caveats about Alcantara is it does not like water, or to be soaked. You need to regularly brush it with a Cockpit Brush(pictured in my post) to keep the fibers from matting as well. It is a finicky material so just be careful.

There are quite a bit of protectants for Alcantara out there, just make sure it says it on the bottle.

Good Luck! :like:

Rene Michaels

First Name
SOLD IT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Really good info here!

Not sure if this is true, but I hear if you turn on the heated seats before application it helps the product get deeper into the leather.

John Jenkins

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Larait 4x4 Super Cab
Vehicle Showcase
Good Morning!

As promised in my intro, I said I would do some detailing write ups. I have been an enthusiast for about 12 years now, and can not stand to have a dirty vehicle, ha!

The first thing I tackled this morning before work was the driver’s seat on my new to me 2019 Ranger Lariat.

Products Used: (I PROMISE I do not work for Adam’s Polishes, they probably couldn’t afford me?)

•Adam’s Leather & Interior Cleaner
•Adam’s All Purpose Interior Cleaning Gel
•Adam’s Leather Conditioner

Adam’s Cockpit Brushes (Mini & Standard)
•Adam’s Interior Foam Dressing Pad (Nice and large for bigger hands or surfaces like our trucks)
•Adam’s Edgeless Utility Towels (Microfiber)

920754C3-6894-4986-972B-D396D0CF97A5.jpeg

Part One (Prep):
•VACUUM. You want to get any crumbs or anything out of the crevices of your seats so that you do not grind it in while cleaning.

Part Two (Clean):
•Lightly spray either the Interior Cleaning Gel or Interior Cleaner directly on the seat or into your microfiber towel if you do not want to use a brush.
•I used about 4-5 sprays of the Interior Cleaning Gel on my seat for reference. Once sprayed, I took the Cockpit Brush and LIGHTLY brushed the seats similar to how you would clean your shoes.
•If you think your seats are clean, I am here to tell you they probably are not..?
•You will notice when your seat is actually clean it will have a matte-like sheen to it. (If you do not know, really shiny leather is generally dirty. On the steering wheel for instance, the oils and grime from our hands makes it glossy).

7D47966C-CC21-4A5B-B0E0-A8C5DC456689.jpeg

Part Three (Protect):
Make sure the seat is nice and dry before applying a dressing or protectant of your choice. I use a clean microfiber towel to do a final wipe before applying.
•Take your Leather & Interior Dressing and make two or three lines of product in your applicator and spread it around with your finger on the pad.
•I always apply dressings like a wax or ceramic coating on paint. (Crosshatch pattern to ensure even coverage)
•Use a clean microfiber towel to buff the product and you have some very clean seats!:like: Do not forget about the back!

42D3B95F-80E2-469B-A5A9-DAA2F962599F.jpeg

F59DBDE7-C935-4695-81B3-A60C397B5E45.jpeg

Final Thoughts:
Product wise you can use whatever you like, I am just a fan of Adam’s and their stellar customer service. I have used them for years, and know some of the key people in the organization.

Adam’s has two Leather/Interior dressings. The Leather Conditioner(used here) is a satin sheen product and has a pleasant leather scent. It may be too shiny for some people, but I think the dark sheen it has is perfect, and does not look cheap like some of the glossy dressings on the market. The Leather Conditioner has SPF protection as well. Adam’s Interior Dressing comes in a white bottle and is odorless. It has a factory matte sheen. I use both products so they are just as good.

My advice when detailing is ALWAYS test an inconspicuous area when trying a new product. The Adam’s Interior Gel is a strong cleaner, but I was sure to check if I was getting any black dye on my towels versus grime.

I hope this helps! Enjoy keeping your leather fresh for years to come!?
Thank you for your contribution! Very informative at least for me and my black lariat interior..

OP
OP
Trash Panda

Trash Panda

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Thank you for your contribution! Very informative at least for me and my black lariat interior..
Good to hear! Looks like we are truck twins.

Now I do consider this a deep cleaning method, you would not have to go this deep every single time. For maintenance I use Adam’s Interior Detailer.

John Jenkins

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good to hear! Looks like we are truck twins.

Now I do consider this a deep cleaning method, you would not have to go this deep every single time. For maintenance I use Adam’s Interior Detailer.
I’ve never used Adam’s product’s, have thought many times. Now I will be purchasing! Any suggestions on the exterior, I’ve tried F11, Nexgen, most recently Mequires ceramic cleaner/coating. Very happy with the Msquires, but always looking for better! lol

OP
OP
Trash Panda

Trash Panda

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I’ve never used Adam’s product’s, have thought many times. Now I will be purchasing! Any suggestions on the exterior, I’ve tried F11, Nexgen, most recently Mequires ceramic cleaner/coating. Very happy with the Msquires, but always looking for better! lol
Here is what I use:

Coating: Adam’s Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating. I use their microfiber applicator to apply and their Borderless Grey towel to buff.

A9E53EB6-FB07-4673-9C4D-DC973DD46B12.jpeg

Shampoo: Adam’s Graphene Shampoo (I use about 2oz in a 5 gal bucket). It is an extremely slick shampoo that is citrus scented. It decontaminates the coating if you have applied it, and rejuvenates it.

Topper: Adam’s CS3 applied with their Single Soft Microfiber Towels. (They have a Graphene version now, but I can not vouch for it because I have not tried it). I usually apply once every month or two after a wash.

They are actually running a bogo sale right this minute, you could get the spray coating and shampoo if you wanted. Or buy a CS3 and get one free.

John Jenkins

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here is what I use:

Coating: Adam’s Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating. I use their microfiber applicator to apply and their Borderless Grey towel to buff.

A9E53EB6-FB07-4673-9C4D-DC973DD46B12.jpeg

Shampoo: Adam’s Graphene Shampoo (I use about 2oz in a 5 gal bucket). It is an extremely slick shampoo that is citrus scented. It decontaminates the coating if you have applied it, and rejuvenates it.

Topper: Adam’s CS3 applied with their Single Soft Microfiber Towels. (They have a Graphene version now, but I can not vouch for it because I have not tried it). I usually apply once every month or two after a wash.

They are actually running a bogo sale right this minute, you could get the spray coating and shampoo if you wanted. Or buy a CS3 and get one free.
I’ll give it a try, thank you

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Man, you guys sure love your detailing products!

I can’t believe Dave (@AzScorpion) hasn’t chimed in here yet. He must be out wheelin‘ the pants off his truck in the desert somewhere this weekend. He’s going to love this thread when he finds it.
Sponsored