Trash Panda

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Good Morning!

As promised in my intro, I said I would do some detailing write ups. I have been an enthusiast for about 12 years now, and can not stand to have a dirty vehicle, ha!

The first thing I tackled this morning before work was the driver’s seat on my new to me 2019 Ranger Lariat.

Products Used: (I PROMISE I do not work for Adam’s Polishes, they probably couldn’t afford me?)

•Adam’s Leather & Interior Cleaner
•Adam’s All Purpose Interior Cleaning Gel
•Adam’s Leather Conditioner

•Adam’s Cockpit Brushes (Mini & Standard)
•Adam’s Interior Foam Dressing Pad (Nice and large for bigger hands or surfaces like our trucks)
•Adam’s Edgeless Utility Towels (Microfiber)

920754C3-6894-4986-972B-D396D0CF97A5.jpeg

Part One (Prep):
•VACUUM. You want to get any crumbs or anything out of the crevices of your seats so that you do not grind it in while cleaning.

Part Two (Clean):
•Lightly spray either the Interior Cleaning Gel or Interior Cleaner directly on the seat or into your microfiber towel if you do not want to use a brush.
•I used about 4-5 sprays of the Interior Cleaning Gel on my seat for reference. Once sprayed, I took the Cockpit Brush and LIGHTLY brushed the seats similar to how you would clean your shoes.
•If you think your seats are clean, I am here to tell you they probably are not..?
•You will notice when your seat is actually clean it will have a matte-like sheen to it. (If you do not know, really shiny leather is generally dirty. On the steering wheel for instance, the oils and grime from our hands makes it glossy).

7D47966C-CC21-4A5B-B0E0-A8C5DC456689.jpeg

Part Three (Protect):
•
Make sure the seat is nice and dry before applying a dressing or protectant of your choice. I use a clean microfiber towel to do a final wipe before applying.
•Take your Leather & Interior Dressing and make two or three lines of product in your applicator and spread it around with your finger on the pad.
•I always apply dressings like a wax or ceramic coating on paint. (Crosshatch pattern to ensure even coverage)
•Use a clean microfiber towel to buff the product and you have some very clean seats!:like: Do not forget about the back!

42D3B95F-80E2-469B-A5A9-DAA2F962599F.jpeg

F59DBDE7-C935-4695-81B3-A60C397B5E45.jpeg

Final Thoughts:
Product wise you can use whatever you like, I am just a fan of Adam’s and their stellar customer service. I have used them for years, and know some of the key people in the organization.

Adam’s has two Leather/Interior dressings. The Leather Conditioner(used here) is a satin sheen product and has a pleasant leather scent. It may be too shiny for some people, but I think the dark sheen it has is perfect, and does not look cheap like some of the glossy dressings on the market. The Leather Conditioner has SPF protection as well. Adam’s Interior Dressing comes in a white bottle and is odorless. It has a factory matte sheen. I use both products so they are just as good.

My advice when detailing is ALWAYS test an inconspicuous area when trying a new product. The Adam’s Interior Gel is a strong cleaner, but I was sure to check if I was getting any black dye on my towels versus grime.

I hope this helps! Enjoy keeping your leather fresh for years to come!?
Sponsored

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
All that just to take care of your leather ?
Been using one produce for years on leather...first on wife's 2013 Outback, then and now on her 2018 Outback Touring, and now on my Ranger. Oh, and a small piece of sponge. Treat about every 2-3 weeks on drivers seat due to use, and other seats monthly.
Not criticizing your choices, just to me there are easier products to use, and if one product can do all, why not.

303-automotive-leather-3-in-1-complete-care-21.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trash Panda

Trash Panda

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
All that just to take care of your leather ?
Been using one produce for years on leather...first on wife's 2013 Outback, then and now on her 2018 Outback Touring, and now on my Ranger. Oh, and a small piece of sponge. Treat about every 2-3 weeks on drivers seat due to use, and other seats monthly.

303-automotive-leather-3-in-1-complete-care-21.jpg
I’m overkill, I know. 303 is a good product.

My goal with detailing threads is mainly aimed at members who have never cleaned them before. Give them some sort of a roadmap of a process to follow.

Rene Michaels

First Name
René
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Good Morning!

As promised in my intro, I said I would do some detailing write ups. I have been an enthusiast for about 12 years now, and can not stand to have a dirty vehicle, ha!

The first thing I tackled this morning before work was the driver’s seat on my new to me 2019 Ranger Lariat.

Products Used: (I PROMISE I do not work for Adam’s Polishes, they probably couldn’t afford me?)

•Adam’s Interior Foam Dressing Pad (Nice and large for bigger hands or surfaces like our trucks)

Part One (Prep):
•VACUUM. You want to get any crumbs or anything out of the crevices of your seats so that you do not grind it in while cleaning.

Part Two (Clean):
•Lightly spray either the Interior Cleaning Gel or Interior Cleaner directly on the seat or into your microfiber towel if you do not want to use a brush.
•I used about 4-5 sprays of the Interior Cleaning Gel on my seat for reference. Once sprayed, I took the Cockpit Brush and LIGHTLY brushed the seats similar to how you would clean your shoes.
•If you think your seats are clean, I am here to tell you they probably are not..?
•You will notice when your seat is actually clean it will have a matte-like sheen to it. (If you do not know, really shiny leather is generally dirty. On the steering wheel for instance, the oils and grime from our hands makes it glossy).

Part Three (Protect):
•
Make sure the seat is nice and dry before applying a dressing or protectant of your choice. I use a clean microfiber towel to do a final wipe before applying.
•Take your Leather & Interior Dressing and make two or three lines of product in your applicator and spread it around with your finger on the pad.
•I always apply dressings like a wax or ceramic coating on paint. (Crosshatch pattern to ensure even coverage)
•Use a clean microfiber towel to buff the product and you have some very clean seats!:like: Do not forget about the back!

Final Thoughts:
Product wise you can use whatever you like, I am just a fan of Adam’s and their stellar customer service. I have used them for years, and know some of the key people in the organization.

Adam’s has two Leather/Interior dressings. The Leather Conditioner(used here) is a satin sheen product and has a pleasant leather scent. It may be too shiny for some people, but I think the dark sheen it has is perfect, and does not look cheap like some of the glossy dressings on the market. The Leather Conditioner has SPF protection as well. Adam’s Interior Dressing comes in a white bottle and is odorless. It has a factory matte sheen. I use both products so they are just as good.

My advice when detailing is ALWAYS test an inconspicuous area when trying a new product. The Adam’s Interior Gel is a strong cleaner, but I was sure to check if I was getting any black dye on my towels versus grime.

Excellent info! Will try this on mine soon ;)

Rene Michaels

First Name
René
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Vehicle Showcase

OP
OP
Trash Panda

Trash Panda

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I have used the 303 interior protectant since others on the forum have suggested it, and it's ok. I do like its matte finish over the glossy greasy products. After seeing this video below , not sure I feel as strongly about about 303 overall. I realize the video is not about the leather cleaner, but still.

Best Plastic Car Trim Restorer? Let's find out! 303 Protect, Mothers, Turtle Wax, Meguiars, CeraKote - YouTube

By the way this guys does some amazing product comparisons. Worth a follow.
That’s always a pain in my opinion (restoring trim). I will probably have to do it to this truck of mine. Previous owner hardly detailed it.

The Adam’s Process is clean the trim with their Trim Cleaner(fun fact it is just relabeled Tire & Rubber Cleaner), apply black trim restorer(it’s a dye product), when that cures coat the trim with a ceramic coating to lock in the trim restorer.

I am somewhat old school, but I err on the side of caution when I read one step trim restorers..

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Proposal Manager, US Navy vet, 2A Supporter
Good Morning!

Part One (Prep):

Part Two (Clean):

Part Three (Protect):
•

Final Thoughts:

Big fan of Adams' products! Like you, I almost look like I'm sponsored by them haha. Good writeup for a detailed cleaning. Agree with others that regular maintenance can be done more simply, just as was mentioned with the use of 303. Also like 303 but still prefer Adams.

I'd add that if you have a particularly "gross" situation having a small steam cleaner for that annual deep clean will aid in removing built up grime...especially if you have kids or dogs!

Also, Adams has a product called Interior Protection Paste that I use specifically on the entry/exit sides of the seats. It's one thing to clean and slightly condition, but another to help prevent heavy wear and tear from entering and exiting the truck. I've also used it to help restore my old Solstice's interior.

Adam's Interior Protection Paste | Leather Seat Restorer & Rejuvenator - Adam's Polishes (adamspolishes.com)

OP
OP
Trash Panda

Trash Panda

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Big fan of Adams' products! Like you, I almost look like I'm sponsored by them haha. Good writeup for a detailed cleaning. Agree with others that regular maintenance can be done more simply, just as was mentioned with the use of 303. Also like 303 but still prefer Adams.

I'd add that if you have a particularly "gross" situation having a small steam cleaner for that annual deep clean will aid in removing built up grime...especially if you have kids or dogs!

Also, Adams has a product called Interior Protection Paste that I use specifically on the entry/exit sides of the seats. It's one thing to clean and slightly condition, but another to help prevent heavy wear and tear from entering and exiting the truck. I've also used it to help restore my old Solstice's interior.

Adam's Interior Protection Paste | Leather Seat Restorer & Rejuvenator - Adam's Polishes (adamspolishes.com)
Always a pleasure to meet a fellow Adam’s user.

That is one of the few products I do not have.

Maintenace wise, yeah eventually I was going to add a thread about using their Interior Detailer w/ Microban or the new Total Interior Cleaner that I am a huge fan of.

Steam cleaner is on my list for sure.

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Always a pleasure to meet a fellow Adam’s user.

That is one of the few products I do not have.

Maintenace wise, yeah eventually I was going to add a thread about using their Interior Detailer w/ Microban or the new Total Interior Cleaner that I am a huge fan of.

Steam cleaner is on my list for sure.
For sure! :like: Yep, those are great choices for maintenance. I've recently revised my "stack" to simplify things but it's important, to me anyway, to have some items for the multi-step cleaning. Give the protection paste a try but wait for a sale since forking over $50 is a bit painful haha.

On a side note, one Adams product I've eliminated is the quick detailer. Opted for their waterless wash instead for those times when crap gets on your paint. Has better lubrication since the detailer is more of an after wash drying aid.

OP
OP
Trash Panda

Trash Panda

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
For sure! :like: Yep, those are great choices for maintenance. I've recently revised my "stack" to simplify things but it's important, to me anyway, to have some items for the multi-step cleaning. Give the protection paste a try but wait for a sale since forking over $50 is a bit painful haha.

On a side note, one Adams product I've eliminated is the quick detailer. Opted for their waterless wash instead for those times when crap gets on your paint. Has better lubrication since the detailer is more of an after wash drying aid.
I have an Air Cannon for drying. ?

I do occasionally use the Pink Detail Spray for touch ups that the cannon missed.

I have bottles of Rinseless Wash from mystery boxes, so I make it into Waterless Wash (1oz Rinseless:15oz Distilled Water). Like you said, that is a great product for bird bombs, gas pump drops, etc.

As soon as I get the chance some Graphene Spray Coating will be added.

Are you in the Adam’s Group on Facebook? It’s a great community.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I hope you all realize that the only leather in the interior is just the front seats, and even those are only the seat bottom and seat back, and that only means the center cushions, not the side bolsters. Basically only where your tush and back touch the seats.
And, of course, the steering wheel has a leather cover.
No leather on back seats, doors, the back of the front seats, ect...
Everything else is vinyl.

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have an Air Cannon for drying. ?

I do occasionally use the Pink Detail Spray for touch ups that the cannon missed.

I have bottles of Rinseless Wash from mystery boxes, so I make it into Waterless Wash (1oz Rinseless:15oz Distilled Water). Like you said, that is a great product for bird bombs, gas pump drops, etc.

As soon as I get the chance some Graphene Spray Coating will be added.

Are you in the Adam’s Group on Facebook? It’s a great community.
Haha! I use a Milwaukee blower but basically the same thing with H2O Guard and Gloss for the drying aid. Damn detailing snobs! :LOL: I have some of the Graphene spray but haven't used it yet. Oh, if you get a chance, check out my build thread. I used Adams' ceramic wheel coating recently. The stuff is awesome.

I'm not since I'm one of those weirdos without a Facebook page. I'll sneak a peek using my wife's page though:thumbsup:

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I hope you all realize that the only leather in the interior is just the front seats, and even those are only the seat bottom and seat back, and that only means the center cushions, not the side bolsters. Basically only where your tush and back touch the seats.
And, of course, the steering wheel has a leather cover.
No leather on back seats, doors, the back of the front seats, ect...
Everything else is vinyl.
For sure! Most of the makers of "leather" products also know that users will be applying their products to those synthetic surfaces.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
For sure! Most of the makers of "leather" products also know that users will be applying their products to those synthetic surfaces.
I have and use both the 303 protectant and the 303 leather cleaner/conditioner, and I have found the protectant will work on both and is absorbed but if you use the leather product on vinyl, it dosen't get absorbed as easily. Has to be a difference in the additives in both.
I buy the protectant by the gallon via Amazon, and have only kept a bottle of the leather on hand for use on wife's Outback Touring edition which has significantly more leather in it.

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have and use both the 303 protectant and the 303 leather cleaner/conditioner, and I have found the protectant will work on both and is absorbed but if you use the leather product on vinyl, it dosen't get absorbed as easily. Has to be a difference in the additives in both.
I buy the protectant by the gallon via Amazon, and have only kept a bottle of the leather on hand for use on wife's Outback Touring edition which has significantly more leather in it.
That makes sense. I would think that the pores in the leather are larger than on a synthetic surface. I have leather products but mostly the Adams products that can be used universally.
Sponsored