Leather Condition

Rob09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
They went from feeling like rice paper, to feeling like my much loved couches lol.

You can tell if they need it, they feel dry to the touch. The sun and the aircon, every time. I'd imagine the cold (in cold places) would have a similar effect.

The Autoglym stuff never seems to make them oily, or slick, just softer and more supple. I think another couple of coats in the coming months and they'll be where I need them.

All preference man.
Sponsored

that408guy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
I hit the leather in my truck with 303 UV Protectant Spray every other month. Love how easily it is to apply and buff into the leather.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
To re-emphasize, the only "leather" in a Ranger is the front seats where only your tush sits and the center of the front seat backrest where the center of your back hits......and the steering wheel cover.
Even the leather used is up for discussion as to what animal it's derived from.
Everything else is "pleather" or by its better known name "some type of vinyl stuff". That's it....no leather in rear, back seats, console, back and sides of front seats.....its all pleather.
So, if your treating your entire seating surfaces with a leather conditioner, your wasting your $$$....
Use 303 instead for the same results.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
To re-emphasize, the only "leather" in a Ranger is the front seats where only your tush sits and the center of the front seat backrest where the center of your back hits......and the steering wheel cover.
Even the leather used is up for discussion as to what animal it's derived from.
Everything else is "pleather" or by its better known name "some type of vinyl stuff". That's it....no leather in rear, back seats, console, back and sides of front seats.....its all pleather.
So, if your treating your entire seating surfaces with a leather conditioner, your wasting your $$$....
Use 303 instead for the same results.
It's OK, someone just promoting thier blog.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Aside from the blog advert... when I do leather, I use this stuff. I got involved in detailing a long time ago when I had a BMW, and this is what all the hard core peeps used. I have not kept up with the detailing scene, and I haven't even done my truck yet.

But anyway, here it is: https://leatherique-restoration-pro...0hf9D7EmZnvhtA6RpeOx5T2kkIjzxmZhoCbtMQAvD_BwE

You apply it 'backwards' from what you'd expect. You apply the oil liberally, and leave it to soak. If you can do it in the summer and let the car percolate in the sun, all the better. Some people would even put it on and slide a trash bag over the seats so they could drive it for several days. Then, you use the cleaner to remove the oil. Works great, if you have the time to do it.
Sponsored