TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
Hey All -
I recently picked up some leather conditioner and applied it a week ago to my seats … loved it. Made them feel like leather and the look was amazing.

How often do you guys suggest doing this? I am very picky (or anal) about the cleanings of the truck, so I always wash it 1-2 times a week, but since applying the conditioner on the leather seats .. I’ve only used some leather care products to keep them in shape and clean of oils and all.

So a deep leather cleaning … how often for you guys who really enjoy the cleanings?

Thanks -
Mack
Sponsored

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
I can't say it's correct to do but I use leather cleaner/conditioner and a separate alcantara cleaner around once a month or so.

OP
OP
TheRoushRanger046

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
I can't say it's correct to do but I use leather cleaner/conditioner and a separate alcantara cleaner around once a month or so.
So only once a month? Still feels and looks amazing?

77 people looked at this and no responses but you and I lol.

(I was thinking every other week, but once a month would save me a ton of product) ???

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I've used Mothers cleaner/conditioner and have been happy. Has a new car leather smell too. Almost time for a refill, but have an open mind to consider an alternative...

FourMoreG

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger 4x4 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Driver
Hey All -
I recently picked up some leather conditioner and applied it a week ago to my seats … loved it. Made them feel like leather and the look was amazing.

How often do you guys suggest doing this? I am very picky (or anal) about the cleanings of the truck, so I always wash it 1-2 times a week, but since applying the conditioner on the leather seats .. I’ve only used some leather care products to keep them in shape and clean of oils and all.

So a deep leather cleaning … how often for you guys who really enjoy the cleanings?

Thanks -
Mack
I Clean And Condition my “Stone” colored leather upholstery and door panels, on my 2021 Super Crew Lariat, about once every eight weeks (or more often if needed) using Griots Garage labeled products. I note that I have loose fitting front and rear terry cloth seat covers, to help absorb sweat, protect and preserve the materials. I also occasionally use a heavier seat cover for the rear seat when needed.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I don't know how much "leather" is used in the Roush editions, but in the regular Rangers with "leather trimmed seats"...well, the leather belt your wearing probably has more leather in it than your Ranger does. :crackup:

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
So only once a month? Still feels and looks amazing?

77 people looked at this and no responses but you and I lol.

(I was thinking every other week, but once a month would save me a ton of product) ???
Mine looks new still. But then I only have 8 months/12,000 miles on mine. Mine is monthly only because that's how often I have time to clean out the inside.

Rob09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
I try and condition them (Autoglym) every time the drivers seat gets dirty enough to need a clean (4-8 weeks, I guess?).

If I notice discolouration, be it from jumping in with dusty pants, or the ever slight blue stain you get over time wearing jeans daily, I clean the dirty seat, then give all seats a coat (or two if required), of conditioner.

Only takes 20 mins to do whole car and a bottle lasts a while.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheRoushRanger046

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
i'm still stumped on the comment "made them feel like leather"

they weren't leather to begin with????
that Roush package is really paying off.
Meaning after a while of owning and putting almost 22,000 miles on the truck … I wasn’t cleaning the seats with leather conditioner … so it restored that feel of leather feel more than hard and brittle ?

OP
OP
TheRoushRanger046

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
I Clean And Condition my “Stone” colored leather upholstery and door panels, on my 2021 Super Crew Lariat, about once every eight weeks (or more often if needed) using Griots Garage labeled products. I note that I have loose fitting front and rear terry cloth seat covers, to help absorb sweat, protect and preserve the materials. I also occasionally use a heavier seat cover for the rear seat when needed.
Love the stone look .. one thing I wish Ford offered more of in all honesty. Great choice and thanks for the reply. I use the truck as a daily driver and love to keep it clean and at its best. ????

OP
OP
TheRoushRanger046

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
I try and condition the (Autoglym) every time the drivers seat gets dirty enough to need a clean (4-8 weeks, I guess?).

If I notice discolouration, be it from jumping in with dusty pants, or the ever slight blue stain you get over time wearing jeans daily, I clean the dirty seat, then give all seats a coat (or two if required), of conditioner.

Only takes 20 mins to do whole car and a bottle lasts a while.
Makes sense and thank you for the reply. It really is pretty quick on the conditioner. I agree. I don’t use the back bench often so it’s more for the front captain chairs! ??

Rob09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
My son's the only one who uses back seat and that's in his car seat. I just find the aircon seems to dry the leather out fast and mine's on constantly.

Do all the seats need it? Prob not every time. But mine were allowed to get quite dry, so my last 3 applications (since I installed the seats) were probably more about bringing it back to where it should be, rather than maintenance.

In other cars (leather varies, obviously), I find I do every six months, or whenever it takes more than a damp rag to clean them. In my wife's car (she's allergic to aircon for some reason), I can't remember last doing them. Which sadly, means that I'll probably do them this weekend.

OP
OP
TheRoushRanger046

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
My son's the only one who uses back seat and that's in his car seat. I just find the aircon seems to dry the leather out fast and mine's on constantly.

Do all the seats need it? Prob not every time. But mine were allowed to get quite dry, so my last 3 applications (since I installed the seats) were probably more about bringing it back to where it should be, rather than maintenance.

In other cars (leather varies, obviously), I find I do every six months, or whenever it takes more than a damp rag to clean them. In my wife's car (she's allergic to aircon for some reason), I can't remember last doing them. Which sadly, means that I'll probably do them this weekend.
How did they feel after getting them back to where they were supposed to be? ?????
Sponsored