First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Environmental Engineer
Surprised because I've always had good results with it. I do usually have the white letters in so that might not be the best test. The reviews are really good though. ?‍♂
I know. I read a bunch glowing reviews before buying and have used Aero 303 for decades. Used the cleaner on the original Hankooks (and spare) for their initial clean. Needed to go over twice and still some remaining brown. Went to simple green to get it right. Two coats of the 303 protectant. Loved the satiny, non-glossy of this product.
Sponsored

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I've had zero issues with my Hankooks and keeping them clean. Wesley's bleach white and poorboy's world bold & bright. Nice and clean, good black with satin shine. Below is after a week of driving in the sunny southern fall weather.

IMG_20200907_153844_01.jpg
FWIW: Take a pink eraser to that red paint dot... it'll take it right off.

Nick Barber

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat, FX4, White Platinum, Chrome, Tow
Occupation
Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Detergents turn black rubber brown, don't wash with dish soap.

I've had great results with 303 products.

Last edited:

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
My tires are a mess. Usually I have no trouble cleaning them but now I can’t get them clean. Can’t tell if it is dirt that stained the tires or tire dressing residue.

I have used Wesleys Bleche White, Simple Green, and solvents. I have tried pressure washing and scrubbing. Even used a brush on the end of a drill and scrubbed away. No luck.
I have heard that Mothers Back to Black Tire Renew is a great product. I can’t find it locally but can find Mothers Back to Black Tire Cleaner. Went to Mothers site and can’t find the tire renew listed. Did Morhers change the name? Are they the same product?

anything else I should be trying.
Thanks

Mark
as strange as it sounds Scrubbing bubbles bathroom cleaner or Kaboom etc, does not have to have bleach in it, even the dollar store version would be worth a try ( i have not run out of the name brand yet so i have not tried Dollar tree) back in the mid 80s a custom van and 4x4 shop i used to buy from turned me onto it and i haven't stopped using it. I have found that it requires very little if any scrubbing. If there is any residue left on my white letters then i spray the Wesleys on those letters.

i also only use tire foam after the tires are completely dry, they leave a shine but the best part is they do not fling all that crap up the side of my truck (silicone based or armor all etc, anything that stays wet/damp to the touch flies off and it also attracts more dirt).

OP
OP

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Well scrubbing bubbles or kaboom might be worth trying.

what some don’t seem to understand is that we are not talking about dirt that won’t come off. There is a chemical used in the manufacture of tires to keep them pliable. It is this compound that migrates to the surface of tires causing the brown. Some tires are worse that others. I seem to have one of those “worse” sets.

I did speak with a guy at Mother's for quite some time. Very knowledgeable. He said the best product they have is their Back to black tires cleaner. Different agent inside that will remove this flex agent from the tire. We shall see. Been too cold up here to give it a try.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
CLR straight in a spray bottle for cleaning, then brush and power wash. Detail spray, whatever is closest ?

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
Well scrubbing bubbles or kaboom might be worth trying.

what some don’t seem to understand is that we are not talking about dirt that won’t come off. There is a chemical used in the manufacture of tires to keep them pliable. It is this compound that migrates to the surface of tires causing the brown. Some tires are worse that others. I seem to have one of those “worse” sets.

I did speak with a guy at Mother's for quite some time. Very knowledgeable. He said the best product they have is their Back to black tires cleaner. Different agent inside that will remove this flex agent from the tire. We shall see. Been too cold up here to give it a try.
Ok there is something for that, works great. Let it soak, give it another coat, use a wheel brush, then spray off. works very well, used to detail cars

Forget the Mother's

https://www.amazon.com/Armor-All-Extreme-Wheel-Cleaner/dp/B002M9LBIC

https://www.amazon.com/Relentless-D...Wheel+Cleaning+Brushes&qid=1611940983&sr=8-36

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
Be careful with kaboom, clr or toilet bowl cleaner as it contains a mild acid which may eat the clear coat if it gets onto your painted wheels and isn't prompty washed off. Stuff is pretty amazing though for getting tough water spots off glass.

Jake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I have had good luck using Maguire's hot rims wheel and tire cleaner. Specifically the medium strength magenta bottle. A few sprays on the wheel and a couple on the tire then spread it around with a cheap paint brush with tape over the ferrule to prevent scratches. Rinse it off and it leaves the white letters white and the rest of the tire alot blacker.

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Harley Tri Glide
Occupation
Retired
01 Hot Foam .jpeg
Sponsored