First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Edge 1995 Cobra
Occupation
IT Demi-God
When I was contracting in Iraq I came home on Vacation one year and took the mustang in my avatar to get its yearly oil change. while waiting for that to get done I went into the show room to browse. They had an absolutely gorgeous KR on show that was sticker with with a 50k ADM. in talking to a sales guy I told him he would never sell it for that much. He argued a bit and I said "look I could pay cash for that right now but I am not interested because of that ADM" so he asked if he got it down to MSRP would I buy it then. I said nope not interested I won't buy from a dealer who uses ADMs to gouge more money out of the paying customer. He probably thought I was lying but at that particular time I had over 150k in my checking account and could have easily written the check. it sat there for over a year. I found out later some rich Arab dude bought it and had it flown overseas LOL

I won't pay 1 penny over MSRP for anything ever. no matter how bad I want it. you pay over ADM you just as well take that cash and burn it in your fireplace IMHO.
Sponsored

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
When I was contracting in Iraq I came home on Vacation one year and took the mustang in my avatar to get its yearly oil change. while waiting for that to get done I went into the show room to browse. They had an absolutely gorgeous KR on show that was sticker with with a 50k ADM. in talking to a sales guy I told him he would never sell it for that much. He argued a bit and I said "look I could pay cash for that right now but I am not interested because of that ADM" so he asked if he got it down to MSRP would I buy it then. I said nope not interested I won't buy from a dealer who uses ADMs to gouge more money out of the paying customer. He probably thought I was lying but at that particular time I had over 150k in my checking account and could have easily written the check. it sat there for over a year. I found out later some rich Arab dude bought it and had it flown overseas LOL

I won't pay 1 penny over MSRP for anything ever. no matter how bad I want it. you pay over ADM you just as well take that cash and burn it in your fireplace IMHO.
That is not the definition of price gouging.

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Demi-God
That is not the definition of price gouging.
I would disagree. it is certainly within the definition of price gouging.
From Wikipedia:
"Price gouging is the practice of increasing the prices of goods, services, or commodities to a level much higher than is considered reasonable or fair"

From Dictionary.com
an act or instance of charging customers too high a price for goods or services, especially when demand is high and supplies are limited"

the difference is it is legal for dealers but not for others

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I would disagree. it is certainly within the definition of price gouging.
From Wikipedia:
"Price gouging is the practice of increasing the prices of goods, services, or commodities to a level much higher than is considered reasonable or fair"

From Dictionary.com
an act or instance of charging customers too high a price for goods or services, especially when demand is high and supplies are limited"

the difference is it is legal for dealers but not for others
Who defines what is reasonable or fair? You? 10 other people? 100 other people? 10,000 other people? In a country of around 332 million people please do tell me the threshold on when something truly becomes labeled as unfair as a general consensus.

The word "fair" is a Pandora's box - look at the shit our country is in now based on the concept of fair. How ultra-retarded is it we literally have legislation created based on a concept that is completely unmeasurable in 99% of cases?

The reality is price gouging is a term used when essential services or products are hyper inflated where as general quality of life will suffer greatly or even the possibility of real harm or death can occur. This generally can happen in areas hit by devastating weather events. IE; Gas, Water, Food, Meds, etc etc

Even then, in most places a local government order is generally issued in those cases because it is not automatic. If Abdul's gas station wants to sell gas for $1.00 more than everyone else in every day life the government is not going to take action.

New truck pricing, at least to those with critical thinking, would label that just flat out capitalism. At its worst it could be labeled as greedy. Price gouging? No way. You suffer no harm by not being able to buy a new truck at the price you want.

But its OK, firearms people go through the same mental gymnastics every time there is a school shooting and the peacocks in government start talking about more gun control and weapons and ammo become more scarce than unicorn farts.

If you decide to sell your used Ranger for $80,000 are you a price gouger then, or do you just have a terrible sense of what your truck is worth?

Last edited:

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
But its OK, firearms people go through the same mental gymnastics every time there is a school shooting and the peacocks in government start talking about more gun control and weapons and ammo become more scarce than unicorn farts.
Unicorn farts are not as scarce as you would think. They put them in candy now.
1685663053522.jpeg

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Demi-God
New truck pricing, at least to those with critical thinking, would label that just flat out capitalism. At its worst it could be labeled as greedy. Price gouging? No way. You suffer no harm by not being able to buy a new truck at the price you want.
and this is the difference between legal and illegal price gouging. by definition charging 50K over the MSRP of a vehicle is price gouging. you may not agree with wiki or Webster or dictionary.com but you will note that they do not say it has to be essential goods and services. they all just say goods and services. but . you do you.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
most people here have probably blown $5,000 on useless or expendable shit over their lifetime without a second consideration. lol
Guilty.

:facepalm:

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
They were each 100 feet tall and hanging over both neighbors' houses. One was hollow too so it was super dangerous. Got some cool tables cut from the pecan tree. And they cleaned up branches on the 3rd tree to allow air to pass through instead of hitting the tree and causing it to sway. I'll plant 2 live oaks in the front (I'm from Texas).

Once the loan is done and the house is getting built I'll see about getting a ranger raptor for or below MSRP. Maybe Christmas time idk I think I can wait we'll see. I'm the only one in the family who likes the mid size as a daily. Everyone has a full size or a super duty. And everyone tells me I already have a ranger raptor but they just don't understand 😆😂

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
No telling, this could simply be them playing the usual attrition tactics common in dealerships hoping I will get to the point that I am tired of dealing with them and accept their counter-offer since "its only a few thousand more".

I suspect at some point tomorrow I will get a phone call with verbiage along the lines of, "I am trying, but they won't budge from $6,500". Rinse and repeat. Well hate it for them. If they attempt to penny pinch a bit further and get within a few hundred dollars of my set amount I may consider it a "douche bag tax" and pay it to wash my hands of the matter. We shall see.
while i understand esp. if i wanted it and had the money but id also want to stand my ground. lots of other dealers. maybe one wants the biz without being dbags.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
and this is the difference between legal and illegal price gouging. by definition charging 50K over the MSRP of a vehicle is price gouging. you may not agree with wiki or Webster or dictionary.com but you will note that they do not say it has to be essential goods and services. they all just say goods and services. but . you do you.
So if I put a price tag on my 2019 Ranger for $80,000 am I price gouging?

You never answered my question when I asked you and we both know why.

But you do you.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
Anyone else try and get in line for a new Ranger Raptor and got told there's a markup or did the dealer agree to MSRP? Maybe the OP is the only one willing to pay over so now they're gonna ask for more! Lol jk I'm only kidding but I'm curious to what the dealerships are saying as a whole on the Ranger Raptor.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else try and get in line for a new Ranger Raptor and got told there's a markup or did the dealer agree to MSRP? Maybe the OP is the only one willing to pay over so now they're gonna ask for more! Lol jk I'm only kidding but I'm curious to what the dealerships are saying as a whole on the Ranger Raptor.
Over on 6G forums its a mixed bagged, some claiming MSRP, others claiming anywhere from a few thousand up to 10k+

The average seems to hover around 5k

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
1685702990619.png

I am assuming the -rebate is an ADM?
Dealer trying to sneak that in the price est.
Well considering that minus symbol is doing the exact opposite of what its suppose to, yea that would be a pretty good assumption lmao

Whats the back story on this?

go-on.gif
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.