Buying a 2021 Lariat Supercrew FX4.... Good deal?

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
Hey all. I'm pretty smitten with a '21 Cactus Lariat Supercrew FX4. Options are towing, black appearance, and FX4.

Sticker is 45520, dealer is offering 43675 including the 1250 rebate. Is this a solid deal? Seems like I missed the boat on the end of year 2020 fire sale a bit.

4CB08A53-68E5-438E-9146-D70EA0F1CF2D_1_105_c.jpeg
Sponsored

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
South fla. Cant seem to get them to budge to move any lower.
They've probably picked up on the fact that you're smitten with it, and are trying to use that to their advantage.

My approach would be to try to get them budge one more time, and assuming they don't, then just walk away. Then you find a way to get yourself qualified for X-plan (several members did so by joining the Mustang Club of America), and use that to get your dream truck.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
South fla. Cant seem to get them to budge to move any lower.
If by some chance you are open to a 2020 SCrew FX4 with sport package, towing pkg you can still get one in Tampa for 33.5k-34.5k+++ depending on package and they have a few colors to pick from.

OP
OP
Dinglehead

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
Would Xplan be much less than this? Should I be expecting to get invoice, minus the 1250 rebate?

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Would Xplan be much less than this? Should I be expecting to get invoice, minus the 1250 rebate?
X-plan is Invoice - 0.4% + $275 program fee , and you still qualify for any and all factory rebates. I would expect this would get your truck's price lower than what they're offering you.

And remember: you don't need to get this exact unit in order to get a truck configured the exact same way, so don't feel pressured to jump at this truck in order to avoid someone else beating you to it.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Hey all. I'm pretty smitten with a '21 Cactus Lariat Supercrew FX4. Options are towing, black appearance, and FX4.

Sticker is 45520, dealer is offering 43675 including the 1250 rebate. Is this a solid deal? Seems like I missed the boat on the end of year 2020 fire sale a bit.

4CB08A53-68E5-438E-9146-D70EA0F1CF2D_1_105_c.jpeg
That's when you say "Ok, thank you for your offer. I'm going to go to a couple other dealers to see what they can do". If they want to sell it to you they'll work with you....the bad part is these trucks are becoming popular and they figure if you don't buy it someone else will.

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
Is that an out he door price? Msrp on a current year model out the door is a decent deal.

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
Who cares what it is before taxes and fees. You need to be negotiating OTD price. Shoot for msrp otd or find a new dealer. I got mine from Autonation and they had to pull one from another dealer. Still gave me msrp otd.

OP
OP
Dinglehead

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
Who cares what it is before taxes and fees. You need to be negotiating OTD price. Shoot for msrp otd or find a new dealer. I got mine from Autonation and they had to pull one from another dealer. Still gave me msrp otd.
Right now I'm actually only $500 over MSRP OTD.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
So your theory is that all prices should be the same, regardless of the tax rate?

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
I live north of you in PSL. i bought a 2020 ranger in dec. The price variance across the state was big, but the best deals, if that is what you are looking for, where off I4 from Tampa thru Orlando to Jacksonville. The dealer I bought my truck from is just south Jacksonville, and have a 2020 ranger in Sabre like you described advertising 6k off. If that dealer won’t price match someone else will, you just have to be willing to drive and wait a little.

if you can afford it and like it go for it. I like that color a little more each time I see it.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Not that it matters but I spent a good deal of my career in sales and pretty well trained and experienced in negotiations, I always negotiated from discounts from list pricing, taxes are a separate category. When I buy a car I know what my tax rate is , so my Ranger had a list of $44.9k, my negotiated purchase price was $34.2 . Then comes the 8.6% tax rate so OTD was some $37.1k otd, when reviewing the transaction if there are any fees the dealer tries to add on I have them removed. Can't see value focusing on the otd price, as it's going to be based on a discount from the sticker plus applicable taxes.
Sponsored