First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
One hose off. Break time. This might get done today??? LMAO I'm such an idiot.
you're that close by and you haven't stopped in? Not very Canadian lol
You're right, my fault.

And again, let me apologize for not being home all those times you came to visit me ;)

150km goes straight across Lake Ontario, about 230km driving, and that's straight through Toronto (spit). LOL
Sponsored

OP
OP
puckdodger

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
Also, I think the RC level kit give a bit more room to almost do what needs to be done lol

OP
OP
puckdodger

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're right, my fault.

And again, let me apologize for not being home all those times you came to visit me ;)

150km goes straight across Lake Ontario, about 230km driving, and that's straight through Toronto (spit). LOL
That is all fair, including the Trawna hate. It's the one thing that brings Ontarians together :cool: :cool: ????

OP
OP
puckdodger

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Second hose is off????????!!!! Like Gilligan used to say to the Skipper "Should be smooth sailing from here"

MikeyB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I haven't had a drink in about 19 months, but this could be the tipping point. I would absolutely advise anyone against installing these hoses from Kishimoto. Garbage. And a house pain in the ass to remove.

On a side note, if anyone has any practical advice on removing these SOBs, it would be very welcome. Otherwise I'm just fumblefuckin around in the dark.
Don't want to Bust your balls more than they prob are...but I recently saw a video on Youtube for a J&L catch can install for a new Nissan Frontier for their 3.8....You'd cry how easy it is.
Good luck man

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Second hose is off????????!!!! Like Gilligan used to say to the Skipper "Should be smooth sailing from here"
Darn it! I was looking forward to seeing Tracy blow something up. ? We'll have to find her another victim, I mean another person in need.?

Seriously I'm glad it's coming off easy for you and I can now cancel that beer truck. Come to think of it did you ever install that damper? Might be a good time since you're done with the catch can removal and you don't need strong arms anymore. :frown:

OP
OP
puckdodger

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darn it! I was looking forward to seeing Tracy blow something up. ? We'll have to find her another victim, I mean another person in need.?

Seriously I'm glad it's coming off easy for you and I can now cancel that beer truck. Come to think of it did you ever install that damper? Might be a good time since you're done with the catch can removal and you don't need strong arms anymore. :frown:

Yes @AzScorpion , the damper is on. No more testosterone in this poor excuse for a human body. The catch can removal went much smoother than the install. Makes me understand how women can forget the pain of childbirth and do it again.

Will post pics of the the garbage hoses later, when I've finished breathing a huge sigh of relief...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yes @AzScorpion , the damper is on. No more testosterone in this poor excuse for a human body. The catch can removal went much smoother than the install. Makes me understand how women can forget the pain of childbirth and do it again.

Will post pics of the the garbage hoses later, when I've finished breathing a huge sigh of relief...
Glad it went well for you Jim. The atrophy must be slow because you didn't even need a nap or a shot of B12 to finish the job. :shock:

I'll take your word that it's already installed....Welcome to the club! ?

The Kool Damper Klub2.jpeg

Please keep this in your wallet at all times. It's help explain to others your small little pencil left arm. :crying:

Man Card Revoked.jpg

mr.wonderful

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Software Developer
Don't want to Bust your balls more than they prob are...but I recently saw a video on Youtube for a J&L catch can install for a new Nissan Frontier for their 3.8....You'd cry how easy it is.
Good luck man
I dunno man, on the 2022s, with where Ford relocated the vacuum fitting, I spent more time futzing around with the push button on the connector than I did running lines. I think the UPR single valve with the 2022 hose kit took MAYBE half an hour. It was a joke compared to the Mishimoto on pre 2021.5 truck

rpeterson53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2019 Mazda MX-5 RF, 2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
If anyone is in Ontario today and hears a lotta swearing and cursing don't be alarmed. It's just me, trying to get both of the cracked Mishimoto catch can hoses off my Ranger so I can put it back to stock.

Please send thoughts and prayers and tylenol.
I put the Mishimoto catch can on my 2019 Mazda MX-5. The hoses they used then absorbed the engine breather fumes and stunk so bad you couldn’t park in the garage. I did get new hoses under warranty but had to pay for shipping. They knew of the problem but never bothered to advise those who actually registered with them. The fittings they used were plastic or nylon and leaked at the threads. I could go on. No way I would EVER put their products on my cars again

Good luck ?

OP
OP
puckdodger

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put the Mishimoto catch can on my 2019 Mazda MX-5. The hoses they used then absorbed the engine breather fumes and stunk so bad you couldn’t park in the garage. I did get new hoses under warranty but had to pay for shipping. They knew of the problem but never bothered to advise those who actually registered with them. The fittings they used were plastic or nylon and leaked at the threads. I could go on. No way I would EVER put their products on my cars again

Good luck ?
Same here. They did the same offer for me but I declined. Sorry to any Mishi Fans out there but I would advise anyone to steer clear of their products based on this experience.

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
Ohhhhh man...... Removing the Mishimoto lines. All the stories of the lines cracking are what drove me to UPR (along with UPR simplifying the installs on the 2022s by a metric crap ton)

Best of luck. I'm pretty sure @AzScorpion is still on his road trip and would be MORE THAN happy to pop a bit further north and assist :LOL:
I have noticed my Mishimoto hoses cracking, as well. What is different about the UPR hoses? Different material? I'm glad Ford moved that vacuum port to the top.

I had a very frustrating adventure following Mishimoto's outdated instructions trying to feel around and find it around the PCV port, before someone confirmed for me that it had indeed been moved. I had asked about it, but nobody really knew until I found a fellow mid 21MY owner. :crackup:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

mr.wonderful

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Software Developer
I have noticed my Mishimoto hoses cracking, as well. What is different about the UPR hoses? Different material? I'm glad Ford moved that vacuum port to the top.

I had a very frustrating adventure following Mishimoto's outdated instructions trying to feel around and find it around the PCV port, before someone confirmed for me that it had indeed been moved. I had asked about it, but nobody really knew until I found a fellow mid 21MY owner. :crackup:
Definitely a higher quality kit all around. Hoses are the correct material, they installed a check valve on the hose from the can to the intake manifold to prevent back flow, the mount makes it ridiculously easy to remove and drain the can. Overall, you're paying the same as the Mishimoto, but getting a much higher quality product

Granted, it had a 2 week lead time when I ordered direct, but being able to order a kit specific to the mid 21s and up, and the end product I received, made it all worth it

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Moral of this story: Ya’ll stop playing “drivetrain engineer” (by installing a “fix” that’s unneeded) and just start enjoying this great lil engine as is..
Sponsored