rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
They seemed like convenient steps but the adjacent body panel was no match for riding boots.

touch up, color match bed liner, stickers... pondering options.

B1137CBB-9E36-463B-8A5E-BD9583D132FF.jpeg
DB6D229A-0387-49C2-990E-247FCE9DC325.jpeg
Sponsored

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah good tip. That is a place I am likely to step wearing racing boots. And I mean the kind that have toe sliders.

You know, maybe some protective clear tape in that area might be a good idea. Because lacking a bed step I bet a lot of people use that little corner to get in when the tailgate is down.

Reactions: EJH
OP
OP
rooster

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah good tip. That is a place I am likely to step wearing racing boots. And I mean the kind that have toe sliders.

You know, maybe some protective clear tape in that area might be a good idea. Because lacking a bed step I bet a lot of people use that little corner to get in when the tailgate is down.
Yep, I have enduro boots with steel caps ... I was thinking of something like the Fox Comp 5 but it's too late lol

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Well I'm talking road racing boots but the toe slider can get a little sharp and abrasive after a little wear sliding on asphalt.

sidi-mag-1-motorcycle-boots-2014.jpg

Yup I'm putting a layer of thick 3M packing tape right there

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Don't wear those boots when loading / unloading the truck... that seems like the most cost effective option.

OP
OP
rooster

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Don't wear those boots when loading / unloading the truck... that seems like the most cost effective option.
for sure, but after hours of riding or trying to be stealthy in load/unload mistakes are made. No matter what it’s a vulnerable area unless you are barefoot with clipped nails haha.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
for sure, but after hours of riding or trying to be stealthy in load/unload mistakes are made. No matter what it’s a vulnerable area unless you are barefoot with clipped nails haha.
I guess my point is those boots are the problem.. with the metal rivets on the outer sides and tips.

I wear hiking boots most of the time, they have metal eyelets yet I have have never had such an issue.. but the eyelets aren't down low like yours..

If you want to continue wearing those boots about the only thing that will hold up would be LineX or some sort of custom hammer formed aluminum cover plates. And maybe some guards for your $1,200 dollar a piece tail lights too... 'cause you know those will be next to get busted.

1590880473403.png

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
I personally feel that our paint on the rangers isn’t as strong as others.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Well... If I'm suited up at the track, I'm not going to take my boots off just to climb in the bed of my truck to get a tool out of my tool box.

I'm really only up there to get tools. My bike gets to the track on a trailer.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I miss my old stepside ranger, or at least the functionality of having a step to get in the bed right behind the cab. That was awesome.

grizzly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I personally feel that our paint on the rangers isn’t as strong as others.
Definately not as strong as my 2013 F-150.

I mentioned to the dealer when I was getting my oil changed about the chips all over and he said it looked like it was from a weed wacker. Told him my 2013 never got a single chip and I took that truck through some nasty stuff. Got where I expected with the dealer, nowhere. I will be contacting the corporated office about this BS.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I have a slightly different solution to the problem, which is, when the gate is down, I climb up into the bed using the rear tire to get up and over the side. Bottom of foot goes on top of the tire tread, no harm, no foul!

OP
OP
rooster

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I miss my old stepside ranger, or at least the functionality of having a step to get in the bed right behind the cab. That was awesome.
I’d be a buyer of a stepside option. The nostalgia alone would drag me in. My first truck was a used beat up 79 GMC stepside. It was a death trap but nothing beats the first day you drive off on your very own shitbox.