First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 Splash
Occupation
Retired - Air Cargo Industry
They are Charcoal Metallic from TVD Vinyl. I have been really happy with how they came out.
Checked out their website and I was surprised to see they are selling ranger5g.com decals :thumbsup:

First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray Ranger STX
Occupation
Sales Analyst
Hey Ranger owners! New member here, and thought I would share my new purchase. It's Cactus Gray XL with the STX special edition appearance package. Originally, I had a deposit on a Tacoma TRD Off-Road in Lunar Rock. Unfortunately, it kept getting delayed. I got lucky when driving by a local dealership and saw this Cactus Gray Ranger which really caught my eye due to the similarity in color compared to Lunar Rock. I'll admit, I wasn't expecting to like the truck, and almost didn't test drive it. However, I decided to give it a shot. MAN AM I GLAD I DID. This truck is awesome (minus the stickers on the hood and sides of the truck). It rides so good compared to the Tacoma, the drivetrain is so buttery smooth and has gobs more power. Needless to say, I'm so happy with my purchase. I already have ideas regarding suspension, wheels, and tires. Does anyone have suggestions with level/lift height, tire size, and wheel offsets? I appreciate everyone taking the time to read my post!

IMG-5563.jpg
IMG-5558.jpg
67788696394--CCFA90E6-B8B8-408C-A9CE-7D53D7391AD1.jpg

bRaptor

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT tremor
Hey Ranger owners! New member here, and thought I would share my new purchase. It's Cactus Gray XL with the STX special edition appearance package. Originally, I had a deposit on a Tacoma TRD Off-Road in Lunar Rock. Unfortunately, it kept getting delayed. I got lucky when driving by a local dealership and saw this Cactus Gray Ranger which really caught my eye due to the similarity in color compared to Lunar Rock. I'll admit, I wasn't expecting to like the truck, and almost didn't test drive it. However, I decided to give it a shot. MAN AM I GLAD I DID. This truck is awesome (minus the stickers on the hood and sides of the truck). It rides so good compared to the Tacoma, the drivetrain is so buttery smooth and has gobs more power. Needless to say, I'm so happy with my purchase. I already have ideas regarding suspension, wheels, and tires. Does anyone have suggestions with level/lift height, tire size, and wheel offsets? I appreciate everyone taking the time to read my post!

IMG-5563.jpg
IMG-5558.jpg
Definitely an interesting sticker package but not as bad as some of the others out there. I'm sure if you search the threads you can find a bunch of info about lift and wheels. You'll Definitely want some new struts/shocks as well as progressive leafs for any lift.

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
Lovely truck. I like that Lunar Rock Tacoma too though you have to whisper it quietly on here. With you on the stickers. Once/if I get any dollars, I'm going for the Fox/Ford Performance level, 265/70/17 or 265/65/18 and wheels, maybe Method, Fifteen52 or Black Rhino, can't decide yet.

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired

IMG-5563.jpg
IMG-5558.jpg
Wait! Other manufacturers beside Ford are having delays? ?

First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales Analyst
Lovely truck. I like that Lunar Rock Tacoma too though you have to whisper it quietly on here. With you on the stickers. Once/if I get any dollars, I'm going for the Fox/Ford Performance level, 265/70/17 or 265/65/18 and wheels, maybe Method, Fifteen52 or Black Rhino, can't decide yet.
Thank you! I'm thinking either Eibach leveling coilovers or the Fox 2.0 kit. The Ford Performance version must be tuned a little different? Also, I think 265/70R17 is what I'll be going with. I was maybe thinking 255/75R17, but then decided I'd like a little more contact patch. And I think 275/65R17's might be a little too wide with just a leveling coilover kit.

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
Thank you! I'm thinking either Eibach leveling coilovers or the Fox 2.0 kit. The Ford Performance version must be tuned a little different? Also, I think 265/70R17 is what I'll be going with. I was maybe thinking 255/75R17, but then decided I'd like a little more contact patch. And I think 275/65R17's might be a little too wide with just a leveling coilover kit.
Not sure about the finer workings of the Fox system but there's a good thread on here about Eibach if you search. It seems be to universally liked and it's more cost effective than the Fox one

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Welcome Gage! Great choice and great looking Ranger. I just added the Eibach coilovers set at 2.5" after having the 2.5" RC level kit and really like them and wish I did that first. I have Nitto Ridge Grappler 265/70/17 tires but left the stock wheels. With this set up there's no rubbing or need to remove/replace the crash bars. Many others have gone up to 33's and like that setup too so it's going to depend on what look you want and what you're good to be doing with it.

As far as the graphics you can easily remove them using a hair dryer and grabbing one edge and peeling it back (slowly) while warming the area ahead. Remove any residue with some alcohol then re-wax the area.

First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales Analyst
Welcome Gage! Great choice and great looking Ranger. I just added the Eibach coilovers set at 2.5" after having the 2.5" RC level kit and really like them and wish I did that first. I have Nitto Ridge Grappler 265/70/17 tires but left the stock wheels. With this set up there's no rubbing or need to remove/replace the crash bars. Many others have gone up to 33's and like that setup too so it's going to depend on what look you want and what you're good to be doing with it.

As far as the graphics you can easily remove them using a hair dryer and grabbing one edge and peeling it back (slowly) while warming the area ahead. Remove any residue with some alcohol then re-wax the area.
Hey Dave! Love your build! Thanks for all the input. After weighing the options, I'm definitely shying away from a spacer lift, mainly due to ride quality. And you say you're not experiencing any rubbing at 2.5" of lift with 265/70R17 with stock wheels. Is that also with or without wheel spacers? And are they LT rated tires? I don't plan on towing anything big, and don't know if the weight of the LT tires is justifiable.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hey Dave! Love your build! Thanks for all the input. After weighing the options, I'm definitely shying away from a spacer lift, mainly due to ride quality. And you say you're not experiencing any rubbing at 2.5" of lift with 265/70R17 with stock wheels. Is that also with or without wheel spacers? And are they LT rated tires? I don't plan on towing anything big, and don't know if the weight of the LT tires is justifiable.
Thanks Gage. No wheel spacers and I don't tow or haul any heavy loads so just regular tires not the LT's. I couldn't justify the weight of them either and I'm still getting really great gas mileage with my set up. My average is 22.2 doing mostly (65%) city driving and on our trip now I'm doing a lot of highway driving and averaging around 25 mpg and have got as good as 26.9 averaging 75-80 mph.

I was running the spacer lift for almost 3 years and decided I'm going to keep my Ranger a little longer than normal usually I trade them in every 3 years. For the money the Eibach are really good and you can message Frank @Stage3Motorsports as they're a sponsor here and they have great prices and service!

This was right after getting the Eibach installed. These make a world of difference on and off road from the stock Fx4 suspension.

IMG_5458.jpg

warrencaleb

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Airline industry

IMG-5563.jpg
IMG-5558.jpg
Nice truck! I have a Cactus Gray Lariat and love mine. I have 2 inch Fox 2.0 level, Method 316s 18x9 +18mm offset, 275 65 R18 BFG Ko2s. I did swap out my crash bars to an aftermarket solution just to avoid any potential rubbing. Let me know if you have any questions and happy to answer!

C5B32BDD-CDD6-4FA2-90C9-6027D4538AA8.jpeg

8D52CF74-1EE0-4285-A1E6-795D63279055.jpeg

3B0DE56A-9EF8-4694-9E5C-019B3F504E42.jpeg

225D7027-7F56-4287-B73A-8970602982CE.jpeg

First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales Analyst
Thanks Gage. No wheel spacers and I don't tow or haul any heavy loads so just regular tires not the LT's. I couldn't justify the weight of them either and I'm still getting really great gas mileage with my set up. My average is 22.2 doing mostly (65%) city driving and on our trip now I'm doing a lot of highway driving and averaging around 25 mpg and have got as good as 26.9 averaging 75-80 mph.

I was running the spacer lift for almost 3 years and decided I'm going to keep my Ranger a little longer than normal usually I trade them in every 3 years. For the money the Eibach are really good and you can message Frank @Stage3Motorsports as they're a sponsor here and they have great prices and service!

This was right after getting the Eibach installed. These make a world of difference on and off road from the stock Fx4 suspension.

IMG_5458.jpg
That’s great to hear about the MPGs and no wheel spacers! I’ve probably watched every video on @Stage3Motorsports youtube channel regarding their Ranger build, and I had no idea they’re a sponsor! I actually just ordered a Truxedo tonneau cover from them. They seem like the right place to go to. Thanks for all the info and warm welcome!

First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales Analyst
Nice truck! I have a Cactus Gray Lariat and love mine. I have 2 inch Fox 2.0 level, Method 316s 18x9 +18mm offset, 275 65 R18 BFG Ko2s. I did swap out my crash bars to an aftermarket solution just to avoid any potential rubbing. Let me know if you have any questions and happy to answer!

C5B32BDD-CDD6-4FA2-90C9-6027D4538AA8.jpeg

8D52CF74-1EE0-4285-A1E6-795D63279055.jpeg

3B0DE56A-9EF8-4694-9E5C-019B3F504E42.jpeg

225D7027-7F56-4287-B73A-8970602982CE.jpeg
Man, your set up looks killer! And thanks for the suspension and wheel/tire advice! I’m hoping to get something put together soon… I’ve never been able to keep anything stock for long, and I feel like suspension and tires are a must. I’ll make sure to post progress pictures, and I know I’ll be messaging you with questions in the future!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That’s great to hear about the MPGs and no wheel spacers! I’ve probably watched every video on @Stage3Motorsports youtube channel regarding their Ranger build, and I had no idea they’re a sponsor! I actually just ordered a Truxedo tonneau cover from them. They seem like the right place to go to. Thanks for all the info and warm welcome!
@Stage3Motorsports does have some good videos and always message them because sometimes they can help you out with pricing. ? Now if Frank could just get them out to us sooner so I could concentrate on other things. :lipssealed: It's a long story. lol

Sounds like you got a nice build going. Once you get yours set up posts some pics.
Sponsored