First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Wrx.. too much money for too little power. Can't hop up the motors too much without them blowing up..

Get a turbo focus instead.
The FA24 is safely capable of over 450 AWHP on the stock block. How much more do you want from a 2.4 liter?

Also, where do you propose one find a new Ford Focus? Let alone one that's boosted?
Sponsored

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Good Luck Ian and fellow photographer and former SCAB owner. It sure is a fun forum. We will hear from you from time to time I am sure.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
The FA24 is safely capable of over 450 AWHP on the stock block. How much more do you want from a 2.4 liter?

Also, where do you propose one find a new Ford Focus? Let alone one that's boosted?
Well I'm glad to hear their motors can safely make more power now. My subie days were with the EJ motors, where you needed to spend 10k to make 400whp and your motor wasn't going to last long at that level lol.

I don't think I said NEW focus... just turbo focus. There's got to be low mileage examples out there still.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Well I'm glad to hear their motors can safely make more power now. My subie days were with the EJ motors, where you needed to spend 10k to make 400whp and your motor wasn't going to last long at that level lol.

I don't think I said NEW focus... just turbo focus. There's got to be low mileage examples out there still.
Never had trouble making power with the EJ205 in my old WRX or the EJ25 in my Legacy GT. Or problems with blowing them up. Subies were always sensitive to tuning, most blown motors I saw were from mods that were unaccounted for in the tune.

An unclapped FiST, FoST, or FoRS, is very hard to find. And plenty of them were blown up by people who didn't know what they're doing as well.

RecoilOperated

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 XLT, 2022 Subaru Outback
Occupation
ICU Nurse

The 15+ WRX is $27k for 268bhp, and you can run up to about 375awhp before you have to swap the con rods. Putting $10,000 into an STI with the EJ25 will get you 800+ hp on an IAG block. If you just want to spec-sheet race then yes it's more economical to procharge a used Mustang.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
The 15+ WRX is $27k for 268bhp, and you can run up to about 375awhp before you have to swap the con rods. Putting $10,000 into an STI with the EJ25 will get you 800+ hp on an IAG block. If you just want to spec-sheet race then yes it's more economical to procharge a used Mustang.

After the awd saps it's power the Stock 2015+ wrx will be under 200 whp and get smoked by a stock new ranger ?‍♀ and unless things have massively changed since my day.. getting to that 375 whp won't exactly be cheap lol.

I spent many a year spending many a dollar on performance subarus. All in all it was a "meh" experience. The 3 redeeming features were how fun they are in the snow, the way they sound with UEL's, and 5200rpm clutch dumps.

I'm glad I found the gospel that is the LS motor ? way more power, way less money.

RecoilOperated

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 XLT, 2022 Subaru Outback
Occupation
ICU Nurse
After the awd saps it's power the Stock 2015+ wrx will be under 200 whp and get smoked by a stock new ranger ?‍♀ and unless things have massively changed since my day.. getting to that 375 whp won't exactly be cheap lol.

I spent many a year spending many a dollar on performance subarus. All in all it was a "meh" experience. The 3 redeeming features were how fun they are in the snow, the way they sound with UEL's, and 5200rpm clutch dumps.

I'm glad I found the gospel that is the LS motor ? way more power, way less money.
Most stock 2015's dyno between 215 and 225 depending on the usual factors. A stock car with a protune will hit around 250-275 depending on your car and your tuner (and it's worth getting the tune just to dial out the rev hang and the crap throttle mapping). As quick as it is for a truck a stock Ranger will be more than a second slower to 60 and through the quarter than the WRX, not that I ever felt the urge to race anyone in my Ranger. I would have traded it for a FoRS is they will made them.

The LS is awesome, I've just never liked anything that it comes standard in. Now an LS swap on the other hand is intriguing if I ever have the space and time to undertake it.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Well after exactly two years of owning my 2019 Ranger I sold it yesturday. Had 23k miles, and only put about 800 on in the last 4 months since I got a commuter car (2015 Focus 5-speed). Seemed like a shame to just keep it on a trickle charger all the time and never drive it. Ended up in the green about +$8k from what I originally paid so thats pretty decent. Been great to interact and share info with everyone on here, there is lots of good info to be found. Ill probnably continue to still provide drunken responses on here occassionally and participate in the Jokes section. Not sure what I am getting to replace the Ranger, contemplating a new WRX (dampered trunk edition)but we will see. I am committing to not getting a Frontier, Ridgeline or a Taco though - I could never live with myself after all the people I have hated on for doing the same. :)
Bye …

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Woohoo, purchased a 2019 STI today . Very different from the Ranger but very enjoyable to drive.
IMG_9681.jpg
Nice - does it have a heated steering wheel? Power rear slider? How’s the heater? What about back seat storage?

1643580403880.png

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Nice - does it have a heated steering wheel? Power rear slider? How’s the heater? What about back seat storage?

1643580403880.png
But the real question is....Is there fuel in the oil? :shock::lipssealed:?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

FireSpark

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Real Estate
Ill be listing them in the For Sale forum, pulled a lot of plastic AirDesign stuff off
Nice..been looking for some AirDesign stuff!!
Sponsored