Buying put on hold.

Joe.sbg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 2500 ram ctd
So after too much research and 2 very enjoyable test rides and after determining that this ranger is the best vehicle for me to own, I’m now on hold. Two things hold me back. Quirky transmission shifts and oil dilution. I have considered other vehicles but I’ve noticed the transmission issues seem to with all the companies 8,9 and 10 speed transmissions. It’s like they all bought in to these too many gears transmissions to keep chasing epa regulations. My 2014 Honda CR-V has 5 speeds, fun to drive and I know it will run forever. My 2007 Dodge Ram 5.9 cummins with 4 speed trans in running like the day I bought it new. I looked at Honda passport but ZF9 speed transmission is not in my future nor is any cvt transmission. Right now there‘s not a new car I feel comfortable owning. Thanks for listening.
Sponsored

JeffM

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Too bad, the Ranger s a great mid size pickup. But worriers got to worry about something. My wife liked my Ranger so well she bought a new Escape today, pick it up tomorrow.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
IF you're basing that quirky transmission shifting on test rides they smooth out an get better after driving it some an the power train computer getting used to your driving style.

TrebMaxx

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4 Ford Ranger
I also think that your driving style adjust to the vehicle. Once both are in harmony, computer and your style, it's a great truck.

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
That auto trans in your dodge is a pile until you spend $7000 building it.. from everything I’ve researched the 10 speed is solid. I tow at max capacity with my ranger and it pulls hills great

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
I’d buy now take advantage of that 84 months 0% interest. The tranny has been great on mine except a hard shift on very cold mornings on start up.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
No problems with my transmission that "Sport" mode can't solve! (Yeah, in "Drive" mode it is a little uncertain when accelerating up hilly roads, but with "Sport" it just charges ahead with no hesitation.) If you can swing it financially, this is a great time to buy a great truck!

beetlespin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Supercrew FX4
So why are you still here?

Acatron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Sales
One thing about the 0% for 84 is you can’t use the rebates with that. Something to note!

OP
OP

Joe.sbg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 2500 ram ctd
This is what I was hoping for. Folks who can give some personal experience. I agree that over time there develops a harmony with a driver and his transmission. On my two vehicles if I wanted to I could get both to exhibit strange shifting patterns. My dodge transmission has held up well. When I bought the truck I thought about an upgrade build but I thought I’d wait until I had a reason. That never happened. So far 110,000 m and no issues. three fluid and filter changes ( drain and replace what drained out). Good to go and no signs of anything not right.

orangegrower

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Shelby GT350 - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Are you saying you think it is a bad transmission or you just don't like the way it shifts?? With 10 speeds it does have to do a lot of juggling of the gears at certain times but so what. I think you are over analyzing it.

OKRaptor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 XLT, 2019 Acura RDX and a 2007 Mazda Miata w/turbo
Vehicle Showcase
One thing about the 0% for 84 is you can’t use the rebates with that. Something to note!
But, you can use the rebates as a down payment and then get 0% for 60 months.

JeffM

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
And here is the new Escape, with the Ranger in the background. As mentioned by Okraptor, we got all the
IMG_20200326_173243998_HDR.jpg
rebates, and 0% on the balance from her trade.

JeffM

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I think that was the model for the front end.
Sponsored