Bronco guys putting us to shame

Mcssls

The Off Rodeo is going on in 3-4 different areas of the country all at different dates. If you have a Bronco order you can go there and drive them through the trails and different courses they have. They're having one up in Moab and I was thinking of going but the dates don't work out for us. The ones who have gone absolutely love the new Bronco. It would be cool if Ford did something like this for the next Gen Ranger, especially if there's a Raptor version.
When is the Moab one? I’m only a couple hours out of there

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
When is the Moab one? I’m only a couple hours out of there
The exact dates aren't set yet but they were saying late summer early fall. We already have 2 trips planned this year for of course late summer and early fall. Here's the Moab off rodeo site and you can keep an eye on it for updates.

https://broncooffroadeo.com/locations/moab

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Sway bar disconnect from the cab mid-obstacle is magical.
Even better is you can do it at full articulation. No need to be on a flat surface and it re-connects when you hit 20 mph. A lot of great engineering went into this.

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
The off rodeo was only to give those who have orders a chance to drive a Bronco. Of course the trails are tame it's a huge liability issue. They cant have everyone jumping in these and doing something that could possibly be to advanced for them.

I think it's great what Ford did here at least it give people a chance to take it off road and get a feel for it. Check out the suspension and see how it handles over some bumps. Better than just going to the dealer and taking for a test drive down some city street no?
I look forward to see the Bronco severely taxed off road. It's supposedly built to piss in the tall grass with the big dogs. They've sacrificed Broncos for crash safety requirements. Let's see them bend some sheetmetal on the Rubicon. Let's see how one can handle an 8 at Moab.

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Anybody opting for that manual has bigger balls than me.

Wouldn't trust is as far as I could throw it.
Yeah I’m with you. I have one on order with the 7mt but after I learned more about it I wouldn’t be getting it if I was still going to buy the bronco. They should have gone with tremac.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I look forward to see the Bronco severely taxed off road. It's supposedly built to piss in the tall grass with the big dogs. They've sacrificed Broncos for crash safety requirements. Let's see them bend some sheetmetal on the Rubicon. Let's see how one can handle an 8 at Moab.
There's footage out there of the engineers bending plenty of metal last year during testing.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Yeah I’m with you. I have one on order with the 7mt but after I learned more about it I wouldn’t be getting it if I was still going to buy the bronco. They should have gone with tremac.
Yep. Last new Ford Getrag manual didn't turn out so hot.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I look forward to see the Bronco severely taxed off road. It's supposedly built to piss in the tall grass with the big dogs.

They've sacrificed Broncos for crash safety requirements. Let's see them bend some sheetmetal on the Rubicon. Let's see how one can handle an 8 at Moab.
The only "sacrifice" they made was removing the crash bars on the Sasquatch package. Every other bronco still has them in place.

Ask and you shall receive. ?

Another from TFL

Last edited:

Charley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT FX4 Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
a little humor, definitely sarcasm, but Jeep Jamboree requires 35" tires for Wranglers to run the Rubicon Trail.
https://jeepjamboreeusa.com/trip/24th-rubicon-trail-2021/

And just recently did Jeep offer a Rubicon with stock 35" tires - in a modest $3995 upgrade package.

Jeep a little nervous they are going to lose the naming rights to Rubicon?

(I know, I know, a stock Rubi on 33's can run the trail)

F150stxguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Very cool vehicles, but I like fixed vehicles if you know what I mean. All the things that fit together like lego pieces that can be taken off and on - how long before it leaks like a sieve. I’m sure most would be fine, but with my luck ?

I’m most excited for the next gen Ranger.

F150stxguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Yep, TFL went on the Texas one and laughed about how unchallenging it was. Reminds me of the fake courses Jeep sets up at auto shows.
I’ve got more challenging off road adventures by my house on the dirt and seasonal roads ?

I’m sure some areas of hill country has some pretty cool spots and south west Texas.