Brighter XLT Headlight Bulb Replacement?

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Man, you SHO guys invading the Ranger forum... sold my SHO around 09...
P9080025.jpg

I sold mine 10 years ago this week, actually. I still work with a couple of them, one being a drag car, but I don't plan to own one again.

2023-02-19_12-14-03.jpg

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
Oh, I meant specifically people adding fog power.
My fogs don't come on unless I push the button. If I push the button, they stay on both low and high beams. I don't normally use them unless it is foggy, snowing, or extremely heavy rain. Sometimes I use the parking lights and fogs at dusk for running lights. Thank ForScan for the options.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
For me Running Fog's in addition to LO or High beam has no effect on headlight output, but it adds some side-to-side lighting just in front of the truck (short distance) aides in critter viewing on dark roads. I run them all the time as my night driving is mainly on dark (no-streetlights) roads. Haven't seen Bigfoot yet but have seen quite a few Skunks and Racoons with them.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
I sold mine 10 years ago this week, actually. I still work with a couple of them, one being a drag car, but I don't plan to own one again.

2023-02-19_12-14-03.jpg
I think I've met you once or twice. I used to live in the DFW area and hung out with Tony and Murph

Kevin Woodc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5G
Occupation
Officer
I have a 2019 XLT and replaced my halogens with SEALIGHT H11 which one i get from https://www.suncentauto.com/h11-h9-h8-bulbs.html .
These bulb comes with heatproof glass coating chips and the bulbs can perform well even if drive for a long time.
Also a friend has one if there full headlight replacement kits in his XLT . Looks sweet.

Last edited:

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I was thinking of the better halogen options an caught a flash sale of LEDs for the low beam an took a chance to try them. They cut off nice on the garage door like the old halogens did an it's been a few nights an not one flash. I did aim them down a few turns after install. I bought all the negative posts but decided to see how they work for me. I did order a pair of the lowest output LEDs in H11 I saw on the list of "discounts". If I get flashed or think it's a problem I'll throw them in the fog light housings.
Sponsored