First Name
Jim C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Maint.
Anyone have to apply more pressure to the peddle to avoid creeping up to the car in front of you?
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have to apply more pressure to the peddle to avoid creeping up to the car in front of you?
Hi Jim,

I do not have any such problem and this is the first time something like this has bubbled up since the 5G forums were created as far as I know. If you could describe how you slowdown, stop etc it might shed light on the concern....I am wondering if there is an internal leak in the master cylinder or the ABS Hydraulic Control Unit..... Does the pedal stay put or does it sink to the floor?

best,
Phil

OP
OP

Jim C.

First Name
Jim C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Maint.
Stopping seems normal but when at a light I seem to have to be more aware that I have to apply more pressure than normal to prevent it from creeping. It creeps so softly sometimes I do not notice.

oldnslow

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
I have experienced this also. I believe its related to the soft pedal issue these trucks have.

My other vehicle is a Transit 150 van. It doesn't have a soft pedal and I have never experienced creep at a stoplight. Same thing on all previous vehicles.

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
I have the same thing and I've seen it somewhere else on this forum at one point or another. It's a little annoying but seems normal. I blame it on having to cross my leg over the center line of my body to press the brake pedal and on my scrawny legs lol.

BlackRanger01

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Cab 4x4
Occupation
IT
No, i can relax my foot and it'll be fine. I do not have any issue with brakes. However, whenever I get into my Honda Accord Hybrid, I found the brakes to be ULTRA sensitive.

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Stopping seems normal but when at a light I seem to have to be more aware that I have to apply more pressure than normal to prevent it from creeping. It creeps so softly sometimes I do not notice.
Same here. I’ve noticed sometimes creeping forward and have to apply even more pressure, feels like I’m almost pushing it to the floor to get it to stop fully. Annoying but I got used to it

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
There are those on this forum that will tell you the 5G Ranger does NOT have any kind of brake problem whatsoever and those who think it does are idiots.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I've creeped up before. Always catch it though. I think the best one word description of our pedal feel is "vague." On all parts. I'm okay with that though, it's a truck, not a sports car. I might try to address it at some point though.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Anything under 9 1/2 shoe gets creep. Anyone over has what Ford considers a lead foot. Just keep mashing that peddle.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
There are those on this forum that will tell you the 5G Ranger does NOT have any kind of brake problem whatsoever and those who think it does are idiots.
Well Adam,

I do not consider myself an idiot but maybe you do? Anyway...your Ranger and everyone else's Ranger meets the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety requirements. What many folks fault is what we call Brake Confidence or Brake Feel. The Ranger either lacks or diminishes these attributes. The top dog at Ford truck to sign off on the brake feel/confidence is a total Nitwit. It should have been address by others and in my opinion, fixed....However, the Ranger Brakes are not a problem for safety....they comply.

best,
Phil

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Well Adam,

I do not consider myself an idiot but maybe you do? Anyway...your Ranger and everyone else's Ranger meets the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety requirements. What many folks fault is what we call Brake Confidence or Brake Feel. The Ranger either lacks or diminishes these attributes. The top dog at Ford truck to sign off on the brake feel/confidence is a total Nitwit. It should have been address by others and in my opinion, fixed....However, the Ranger Brakes are not a problem for safety....they comply.

best,
Phil
Phil I think I wasn’t clear in what I was trying to say. There Are issues w Ranger brakes as you stated whether it’s intrinsic to the design or, as I believe, often needs adjustment and/order bleeding. There are those on here who have not experienced these problems personally and in their on arrogance think everyone else are idiots.
Sponsored

Last edited: