First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So i just contacted EBC about the possibility of some better pads and rotors and have been informed that they just started the process this week. Hopefully we can get a nice brake upgrade without having to pay an arm and a leg.
Sponsored

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Good news !!! I was looking last night for better rotors and pads.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I want to say the only option we have are pads by Stoptech but I dont have much info from them soni can't say if they would help or not.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
That's some great news. ?

EBC pads are some of the best available. I ran them on moth my VW GTI's and absolutely loved them.

The only caveats with them is to be absolutely sure of the version you get and follow the bedding in process to the letter to get them to perform optimally. The Greenstuff or Yellowstuff truck pads are perfect for most people in a daily driver situations if you want better than OE performance but none of the hassle from track pads. If you get the Blue, Red or Orangestuff pads they do not do well in street applications, (found that out the hard way). Like track tires these pads are intended for track use and really need to be heated up before they perform properly. This is usually 2-3 hot laps on a track.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That's some great news. ?

EBC pads are some of the best available. I ran them on moth my VW GTI's and absolutely loved them.

The only caveats with them is to be absolutely sure of the version you get and follow the bedding in process to the letter to get them to perform optimally. The Greenstuff or Yellowstuff truck pads are perfect for most people in a daily driver situations if you want better than OE performance but none of the hassle from track pads. If you get the Blue, Red or Orangestuff pads they do not do well in street applications, (found that out the hard way). Like track tires these pads are intended for track use and really need to be heated up before they perform properly. This is usually 2-3 hot laps on a track.
To my understanding it is the yellow stuff that they are working on right now. I don't think they're worried about any other pads since these trucks aren't exactly meant for a racetrack.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Agreed. Just can't imagine there would be much if any demand for any of the race pads for the Ranger. I'd be willing to bet they will eventually release Yellowstuff Truck, Greenstuff, and black (OEM)

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
I asked them about this over a year and and was told they had no plans to make anything for the Ranger.. well I’m glad they reconsidered.

I ran red stuff on my SHO and they were a really good improvement over the factory track pads. I’d run red stuff on my Ranger I’d they make them.

Sako887

First Name
Sarkis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
This is great news. Ran the yellowstuff pads with slotted rotors on my previous vehicle, I have nothing but good things to say about my experience with them. I will definitely be switching to these.
Sponsored