Boost gauges

Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Very simple — no wires — just plug-n-play.

You will need an OBD2 dongle — I use the OBD2Link MX+ and their app.

Using their dashboard - One can select from their gauge selection .. The Boost gauge. It is fully configurable - As is all of their gauges.

Simple - Reasonable - And no wires — Plus there is no damage to the vehicle and can be moved to any vehicle.

Plus the fact that so much more can be done with this setup.

Good Luck .. ..

56922264-27EA-4D53-8D2E-15CFA02FE24D.jpeg
Sponsored

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired

Using their dashboard - One can select from their gauge selection .. The Boost gauge. It is fully configurable - As is all of their gauges.

Simple - Reasonable - And no wires — Plus there is no damage to the vehicle and can be moved to any vehicle.

Good Luck .. ..
What's an OBD2 dongle?

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
"What's an OBD2 dongle?" .. .. ..

Depending on what part of the country your from -- You may know it as a do-hickey .. .. ..
Or a "whatcha-ma-call-it" :crackup:

It's the part that plugs into the OBDII port and sends a bluetooth signal to your phone. Not sure about the general terms meaning....we had one for one of our CAD-CAM dental crown mills. It acted as a counter and would only allow a certain number of actions before it needed to be "recharged"--for a healthy fee of course......and we never found ours....cost for a new one was $5K+. I think the installer/company rep had sticky fingers.

RARE5.0

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew Fx4 1988 Mustang Notch 5.0
I have the scangauge 2 in mine
20200119_162157.jpg

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I run a boost gauge on my phone. Works perfect.
50EE956B-8CCE-4DFD-A919-F5A321A9B977.jpeg
I too run a boost gauge on my phone through OBDII works great. Also got coolant temp, tranny temp and voltage. Just wish I could find the PIDs for oil temp and pressure. Not sure our truck outputs this info over the OBD port. I agree the software that comes with the OBDLink dongle is very configurable for gauge display.

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020

Good Luck .. ..

56922264-27EA-4D53-8D2E-15CFA02FE24D.jpeg
AWESOME! I'm going to be spending even more money on a truck I don't even have yet.

DerangedPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Vehicle Showcase
Remember, anything that plugs into the OBDII port uses the MAP sensor to determine boost which is not as accurate as a real gauge that pulls from the inlet.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Remember, anything that plugs into the OBDII port uses the MAP sensor to determine boost which is not as accurate as a real gauge that pulls from the inlet.
True, but for the majority of us it is probably good enough. I use to monitor what's going on while towing camper. For those of you into the total performance side go for a real gauge. I just wish I could get a oil temp and pressure reading through OBDII! Got the coolant and tranny temp, where's the oil info?

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I really liked the aeroforce interceptor I had I'm my F150. Told me everything I needed but the best part was I didn't have to mess with my phone to do it and it fit in a vent but still allowed air flow. I'm waiting on something for the Rangers that can fit somewhere without looking out of place.

Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Dan — Post 35 is your answer. I’ve since installed this and it is near perfect.

4rd SVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT, Ford Performance, Winter-Beaters
That's my intention-

Is to mount/install a leftover Autometer mechanical vac/boost gauge that I have laying around from a previous project.

Trying to find the vac/boost port to tap my tubing to so I can get a reading on my mechanical gauge....

DerangedPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Vehicle Showcase
That's my intention-

Is to mount/install a leftover Autometer mechanical vac/boost gauge that I have laying around from a previous project.

Trying to find the vac/boost port to tap my tubing to so I can get a reading on my mechanical gauge....
Yeah, I'll be using the AFE intercooler pipes that has ports but I won't get my replacement set for another few weeks.
Sponsored