Boomba Racing 2.3 Ecoboost Intake Manifold Spacer Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
This is another one of those things that if it was so beneficial, why didn't Ford do this from the factory? Can't be all that expensive to add about 1".
I suspect it will reduce MPG's.

(In spite of the claim that it improves it.)

If it 'smooths' throttle response I'm interested though - and I'd get my tune updated. The price point is right there with an exhaust, catch can, intercooler charge pipes or a tune and likely just behind the tune in performance improvement.

The cost is under what I spent leveling parts and labor and half of my reason there was to smooth the rear end on the highway.

The lesser mods I've done are more about driving experience - well, just the GFB DV+.

Only the VelossaTech Big Mouth seems to have improved highway MPG's (I can't vouch for the AfE Magnum but it seems well made) and frankly if my tune had the potential to improve my mileage I haven't realized it.

If I can anticipate an actual MPG improvement - I'm sure that will be within certain parameters - and an improved driving experience as far as a smooth powerband - with moar power?

Well then...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
I want to see more on this. Let me know. I just started doing performance mods. I just got my AFE Charge pipes
I installed the Mishimoto IC pipes and suspect with a lot of built in restrictions through the entire intake system there really wasn't measurable performance increase and debatable affect on mileage.

I ran a new baseline and had Torrie tweak my tune (Unleashed) and I'll trust my performance is optimized. I've since gotten the updated tune with the transmission updates most tuners seem to have embraced.

All I could perceive was a change in how torque came on.

With this - altering airflow at this point - I want to believe in a cumulative effect.

importfighter01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL SuperCab
I don’t believe these spacers will fit the Ranger as the Ranger 2.3 has something in the intake manifold that no other Ford vehicle with a 2.3 has: an EGR tube fitting. This is a hard (ie non flexible) metal tube feeding exhaust gases back into the intake manifold. Due to the rigidity of the EGR tube, I fear there will not be sufficient wiggle room for the manifold to be pushed towards the drivers side of the truck for the insertion of the spacer. Hope I’m incorrect though!

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I don’t believe these spacers will fit the Ranger as the Ranger 2.3 has something in the intake manifold that no other Ford vehicle with a 2.3 has: an EGR tube fitting. This is a hard (ie non flexible) metal tube feeding exhaust gases back into the intake manifold. Due to the rigidity of the EGR tube, I fear there will not be sufficient wiggle room for the manifold to be pushed towards the drivers side of the truck for the insertion of the spacer. Hope I’m incorrect though!
I forgot about that. Sounds like @Boomba Racing needs to verify this.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat as well as many other vehicles.
Occupation
Making Car Parts!
Very good question, it is 100% verified to fit and has been working flawlessly on our 2020 Ranger for well over a year with 10k+ miles of testing. The spacer will still fit with the EGR tube, will have one of our media guys take pictures so we can post it.

Edit* The installation is more involved than compared to a Focus ST/RS and does require stretching the EGR tube and unbolting a bracket.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Making Car Parts!
We are also going to be releasing a throttle body spacer for the 2.3 Ranger in the near future as well.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
I know it's a big ask but a before/after dyno or 0-60 type test might impress us.

LT Dangle

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FX4 (RIP), 21 Tremor, 20 Edge ST, Couple HD's
Occupation
Trophy Husband / "Sanitation Worker" / Army Vet
I know it's a big ask but a before/after dyno or 0-60 type test might impress us.
it was already posted, on the first page

edit: my bad, not the same motor

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Making Car Parts!
I’m also guessing they haven’t made a throttle body spacer yet for the ranger? Unless one of the other models fits the ranger.
EDIT: correct me if I am wrong but the mustang 2.3 eco boost throttle body spacer should fit?
The 2.3 Mustang TB spacer will not fit on the Ranger it is similar but due to the design of the IM it will not bolt up. We are designing an all new throttle body spacer for the Ranger and should have it available very soon as well.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Making Car Parts!
Those TQ and HP numbers make me think this is a 2.0 dyno and not a 2.3.
The Dyno Charts are indeed from a 2.0 not a 2.3 Ecoboost.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
The Dyno Charts are indeed from a 2.0 not a 2.3 Ecoboost.
Might as well delete that and upload one of your spacer on a 2.3, showing that one is edging in on being misleading.

importfighter01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL SuperCab
Here’s the dyno for a stock 2016 EB Mustang with the TB spacer and intake manifold spacer. Dyno numbers look correct for a stock 2.3L EB too given that is a Mustang Dyno which is 12% lower than a Dynojet.

Looks like it allows peak hp to be achieved and maintained 1k earlier in the powerband, which is impressive. Ok @Boomba Racing when you have a TB and Manifold spacer combo ready to go like you do for other vehicles, I give you permission to take my money…

254C89BB-7C99-494F-8C3D-88C3400BCC02.jpeg

Sources:
https://www.boombaracing.com/ford-eb-throttle-body-spacer/

Status
Not open for further replies.