Boomba Racing 2.3 Ecoboost Intake Manifold Spacer Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceGhost

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I’m also guessing they haven’t made a throttle body spacer yet for the ranger? Unless one of the other models fits the ranger.
EDIT: correct me if I am wrong but the mustang 2.3 eco boost throttle body spacer should fit?
Yeah the dyno lists the TB as one of the mods and I couldn't find one on their site so that graph may he from another application.
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Definitely curious what engine and vehicle the Dyno was for. Also due to the layout of the Ranger I question if it will fit. Not much roof there and its a bit tight at the back.

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely curious what engine and vehicle the Dyno was for. Also due to the layout of the Ranger I question if it will fit. Not much roof there and its a bit tight at the back.
I think the spacer moves the manifold horizontally due to the orientation of the mounting face, so additional vertical space is not required. Makes the engine assembly wider, not taller.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I think the spacer moves the manifold horizontally due to the orientation of the mounting face, so additional vertical space is not required. Makes the engine assembly wider, not taller.
I already understand that part. But if memory serves me right its still a toght fit back there. I just cant remember since its been 3 months

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Made from premium billet aluminum, Boomba Racing is excited to announce our Intake Manifold Spacers for the 2.0 and 2.3 Ecoboost Engines.

This spacer adds volume to the air entering your head. This has been shown to aide in cylinder filling at lower RPM, smooth out throttle response, build boost sooner, and lengthen the effective wave pulse of the intake charge. In the picture shown above, you can see the dyno charts of this spacer paired with our throttle body spacer and the gains are tremendous. Over 30 ft lbs of torque (in using both spacers) and a significant change in the horsepower curve.

The spacer also includes 8 1/8" NPT threaded ports that can be used for aftermarket injection set-ups such as Aquamist. They come with plugs for those just wanting to use the spacer on its own.

-All hardware is included (corrosion resistant)

-Comes with engine cover stud relocation kit (allows you to use stock engine cover)

-Smooths air entering the cylinders

-Does not require a re-tune

-Greatly increases throttle response

-Improves MPG

-Build boost earlier

-Available in blue, red, black, and natural finish

Price : $216.00

Ford_EcoBoost_2.0L_2.3L_IM_Spacer_Flyer.jpg
Would this work with the FP Tuned installed?
Sorry not familiar with engine mods.

Reactions: Doc

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Would this work with the FP Tuned installed?
Sorry not familiar with engine mods.
Why wouldn't it? If anything the PCM would simply adjust as needed. A mod like this does not require tuning. If you feel the need you need to take it to your local tuner

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Why wouldn't it? If anything the PCM would simply adjust as needed. A mod like this does not require tuning. If you feel the need you need to take it to your local tuner
More mods more $$$$$ mula. The wife about to cut all my cards!!!

veloci1

First Name
andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 4wd XLT Ionic Silver.
interested. any images or videos?

Reactions: Doc

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
This is another one of those things that if it was so beneficial, why didn't Ford do this from the factory? Can't be all that expensive to add about 1".

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Throttle body spacer for ranger available hopefully in a couple weeks from what I heard.

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
The dyno numbers are from their Focus ST kit

Ds_2020Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL FX4
I’m also guessing they haven’t made a throttle body spacer yet for the ranger? Unless one of the other models fits the ranger.
EDIT: correct me if I am wrong but the mustang 2.3 eco boost throttle body spacer should fit?

I tried the steeda tb spacer for the mustang 2.3 ecoboost and it didnt work. Interferance with some plastic on the manifold. Either one would need to be designed specifically for the ranger manifold, or you could probably slightly modify the manifold to fit the spacer.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I tried the steeda tb spacer for the mustang 2.3 ecoboost and it didnt work. Interferance with some plastic on the manifold. Either one would need to be designed specifically for the ranger manifold, or you could probably slightly modify the manifold to fit the spacer.
Thank you for that info, Boomba also confirmed the Mustang one would not work through email. Which is how I know they should have a Ranger tb spacer soon ?

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
This is another one of those things that if it was so beneficial, why didn't Ford do this from the factory? Can't be all that expensive to add about 1".

Putting real gas caps on vehicles is too expensive for ford, 6 bed tie downs is too expensive for ford, tiny little ecoboost badges are too expensive for ford....
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.