Bizon Snowplow and Front Hitch Mount

Deleted member 1634

I think it’s cheaper to just get an old ATV and attach a plow. I have a 1998 Kawasaki Prairie 400 (All Wheel Drive) with a plow, it will push a lot of snow much faster than a snow blower. I add a bag of sand to the front and rear racks when I want to really heavy deep wet snow; plenty of power and traction. And it has a tight turning radius. I stow it under my deck during the summer; sometimes I lend it out to friends for camping trips. I keep up the maintenance but the thing just won’t die.

E65F0083-C75D-4B70-8A9B-58C9ABB3B486.jpeg
That's a good idea and something I've seen a lot of people do. Around here I'm sure that would work just fine for most of the storms. The 24" storm we had just after Thanksgiving would've thrown a system like that for loop though, unless you went out a few times during the storm and kept it from piling up too much.
Sponsored

BobDP

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger
I think it’s cheaper to just get an old ATV and attach a plow. I have a 1998 Kawasaki Prairie 400 (All Wheel Drive) with a plow, it will push a lot of snow much faster than a snow blower. I add a bag of sand to the front and rear racks when I want to really heavy deep wet snow; plenty of power and traction. And it has a tight turning radius. I stow it under my deck during the summer; sometimes I lend it out to friends for camping trips. I keep up the maintenance but the thing just won’t die.

E65F0083-C75D-4B70-8A9B-58C9ABB3B486.jpeg
I actually had the plow on my 2010 Ranger and didn't want to sell it with it. I called Meyers and they said could not be swapped over. Challenge accepted!

John Leptien

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 subaru forester, FX4/XL on order
Was looking around some today online and came back across this Bizon Snowplow! Look like a really interesting product for those of us in the northern states looking at some good snow this winter!

Annotation 2019-11-19 150853.png

Putting information in on Real truck's website though shows that this is not available for the Ranger. If you look closely at the mount, it mounts in a front 2" hitch receiver, and no wires or cables or anything to run, just a mechanical plow that uses gravity to keep it planted. Wondering if anyone has seen a front hitch mount for the Rangers yet? My quick searches could return anything, but would be be nice to have that for things like a hitch mounts winch tray and this plow! Could still use the setup on the rear of the truck though!
Has anyone answered the original question regarding a 2" front hitch? I'm looking for one for my truck so I can move a winch from front to back, on a hitch tray, as needed.

BobDP

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger
Has anyone answered the original question regarding a 2" front hitch? I'm looking for one for my truck so I can move a winch from front to back, on a hitch tray, as needed.
I don't know how this would mount to the frame. In order for me to mount my Myers 4 way plow I took the mounting kit from a 2010 Ranger a completely modified it.

Partsmgr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Ford Ranger4x4-Project. 22 Ranger XLT Supercrew
I am on of those guys who doesn't believe something can't be done. So here is a fully functional Myers plow on my 2019 Ranger! It works awesome and the truck has plenty of power. You just can't drive with the plow fully raised as it blocks too much airflow to the radiator. It won't overheat but it messes up the outside air temp sensor.

20200208_144621.jpg
I would be interested in getting some pics of your plow & mounts and how it attaches to your ranger. I have a 88 ranger and plow- that i want to modify and put on my 2022 Ranger 2 weeks old now.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Life rule number 576...

Never buy anything from a company who replaces "s"s with "z"s.
Sponsored