First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
From the angle of the photo looking up it doesn't look great but I'm thinking if your standing in front of the vehicle it won't be noticeable. I have the dark blacked out facia down there so the hitch will blend in besides. Why we go this route because I don't go off road so no problems with approach angle. I could remove the whole mount and all I did will be to cut the tow hook rubber. But this provides another option as I have a trailer which is really low to the ground so I can use a shorter hitch . That's the beauty of all this we have options, and I agree Heavy Dutys' hitch is sweet but its hitch height will be 23-24 inches and the snowsport height will be 16-17 inches which is in the range I need for one of my trailers.
Makes sense, those are valid reasons I didn't consider.

I never considered that ball height would be a concern for the yard hostling duties a front hitch sees.
Sponsored

The Last Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Makes sense, those are valid reasons I didn't consider.

I never considered that ball height would be a concern for the yard hostling duties a front hitch sees.
Right but if someone just wants a winch mount Heavy Dutys' would be perfect. I'm in tune to this because my Sport Trac mount is mounted higher above the bumper as Heavy Dutys' but fortunately the Sport trac is not as tall as the Ranger. But it all just comes down to your needs going forward.

The Last Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Right but if someone just wants a winch mount Heavy Dutys' would be perfect. I'm in tune to this because my Sport Trac mount is mounted higher above the bumper as Heavy Dutys' but fortunately the Sport trac is not as tall as the Ranger. But it all just comes down to your needs going forward.
1660425566476.jpeg

Ok here's a picture of the front hitch installed, and yes it blends in to the point you can't see it. As I said my lower trim is black so it blends the hitch in . Yes I could have got down lower but thats not how it will be viewed. I will have to have the sun aimed at the front end to be able to see the hitch, if someone needs that view. My point here is it is very obscure unless your lower facia is a light color, not the case for me. PS. I have a Ford rubber plug in the receiver.

Ronnie G.

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Buyer
I'll be glad when the front hitches are available again. Winter is coming on and my new winch is just setting in the garage waiting to be mounted.

Last edited:

Ronnie G.

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Buyer
Has anyone found a hitch like Heavy Duty was making? I'm not sure if he is making more and I really need a way to mount my winch without buying a $1,600 bumber. My winch wont fit the 589 mounts and everything else you can't use your skid plate with.