First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I found this one that I think I'll put on my truck. It shows to come with a new skid plate but I talk to them and not it does not and they said you have to use your own but will need to notch around the hitch. I think it will have a pretty clean look after it's installed.

https://rhrswag.com/product-categor...itches-towing/front-hitch/v/Ford/Ranger/2022/
User @HeavyDuty has made some that work with our skidplates, no trimming. I haven't installed mine yet but others have.

It's extremely well made, by a member here, without any trimming needed. It's a no brainer to me.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
1/2” plate is a bit light? Take a look at your Ranger’s frame rails and tow hook mounts to understand what light means!
Looks stout to me! I've done a good amount of welding in the past and your plate and grade of bolts inspire confidence as a winch mount.

But, who am I kidding, with damper atrophy, I'd never be able to get that thing in place!

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Looks stout to me! I've done a good amount of welding in the past and your plate and grade of bolts inspire confidence as a winch mount.

But, who am I kidding, with damper atrophy, I'd never be able to get that thing in place!
Wait until you've had a Damper as long as I... barely had enough strength to type this message... :crazy: o_O :LOL:

Ronnie G.

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Buyer
User @HeavyDuty has made some that work with our skidplates, no trimming. I haven't installed mine yet but others have.

It's extremely well made, by a member here, without any trimming needed. It's a no brainer to me.
I've seen those but don't you have to relocate your cruise control censor? I'll take another look at them. Thanks

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I've seen those but don't you have to relocate your cruise control censor? I'll take another look at them. Thanks
Yes.

I purchased the CaliRaised ACC relocation bracket to do so. Less than $40 and it has good reviews.

Last edited:

The Last Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I found this one that I think I'll put on my truck. It shows to come with a new skid plate but I talk to them and not it does not and they said you have to use your own but will need to notch around the hitch. I think it will have a pretty clean look after it's installed.

https://rhrswag.com/product-categor...itches-towing/front-hitch/v/Ford/Ranger/2022/
I just spoke to RHSWAG and you use your original skid plate on all ranger versions without cutting the plate, for the FX4 as I have they provide a new aluminum skid plate but thats for the FX4 only.The only cutting is the rubber that slides around the tow hooks and no drilling. This is a 2" receiver and it will fit all the 2" gadgets you can mount such as a winch mount etc. I have one of these on my 2001 Sport Trac which I still have. I use this mount to move and park my trailers as its easier, I also have a snowsport plow I use occasionally.
This is the info I just was told but I was only concerned with the FX4 so if you guys have questions for them click the link and call the number to verify for your situation, hope this helps

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I just spoke to RHSWAG and you use your original skid plate on all ranger versions without cutting the plate, for the FX4 as I have they provide a new aluminum skid plate but thats for the FX4 only.The only cutting is the rubber that slides around the tow hooks and no drilling. This is a 2" receiver and it will fit all the 2" gadgets you can mount such as a winch mount etc. I have one of these on my 2001 Sport Trac which I still have. I use this mount to move and park my trailers as its easier, I also have a snowsport plow I use occasionally.
This is the info I just was told but I was only concerned with the FX4 so if you guys have questions for them click the link and call the number to verify for your situation, hope this helps
Can't see a pic mounted on a Ranger on their site.

I assume this mounts down low and would impede approach angle.

Ronnie G.

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Buyer
There is a video I watched where they installed this on a Tremor and you would not be able to use your skid plate without notching around it. Found the video.

Heavy Duty

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brautigamexpeditionworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL Ranger
Occupation
Creater of titanium camping gear

The Last Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Yep, as I thought.

Impedes approach angle and frankly, it's hideous.

Why anybody would go this route over @Heavy Duty 's hitch is beyond me.

Relocating the ACC is simple.
From the angle of the photo looking up it doesn't look great but I'm thinking if your standing in front of the vehicle it won't be noticeable. I have the dark blacked out facia down there so the hitch will blend in besides. Why we go this route because I don't go off road so no problems with approach angle. I could remove the whole mount and all I did will be to cut the tow hook rubber. But this provides another option as I have a trailer which is really low to the ground so I can use a shorter hitch . That's the beauty of all this we have options, and I agree Heavy Dutys' hitch is sweet but its hitch height will be 23-24 inches and the snowsport height will be 16-17 inches which is in the range I need for one of my trailers.
Sponsored