Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Never bought a vehicle on price per pound or price per horsepower:D
Good measure of performance potential. My tuned GTI is 10lbs per 1 hp. But nothing close to high end super cars.

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
Most of those stats are kinda useless in actual shopping--but it's nice to see the ranger get some good media attention! In my case, it wouldn't matter how much better the f150 was because I wanted a midsize

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
Good way to show how the Ranger is a useful and important vehicle. That at a certain point it is a better choice to choose the Ranger over the F-150. And not just because of it's ability to fit in smaller spaces. The F-150 has it's place, and that place does not completely encompass the Ranger's place. At least when it comes to important things like capacity, efficiency, and ability.

If I was cross shopping between midsize and fullsize, then this is pretty much exactly how I would break it all down. Amount of money for the stuff you get. It's pretty much essentially what I'll end up doing once the Maverick comes out and I'm eventually looking to replace this Ranger (in quite some years though).

As an engineer who loves data, I'd love to see some graphs with payload vs. cost, payload vs. efficiency, and those types of things, just to see where the line is where the F-150 takes over.
I'm pretty interested in the Maverick as well after several years. If I don't find myself needing to tow that often to make it worth it (the most I tow is my project car), the Maverick might be good for me to downsize and gain some MPGs + improve the on-road ride.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
Same! The most I tow is our little teardrop, and I don't haul that much either. I basically just want a bed for dirty cargo and my bike and what not. I think I said this on a different post somewhere, but a Bronco Sport with a bed (which is essentially what the Maverick apparently is) would be darn near the perfect vehicle for me and my needs, if they do it right obviously. There's always that caveat. haha And especially if there's the same sort of hybrid system that's in my wife's 2020 Escape. That would be pretty darn great.
The 2020 Escape is great too! Another option for me down the line would be to give my fiancée the Ranger as her daily when her Highlander with 240k miles dies, and I can pick up a Mach E :giggle: Sure, the Mustang name is stupid, but that would be a sweet commuter - charge at home, save tons on gas, lots of great tech, quiet interior. Except we work from home now so spending close to $50k on a "daily commuter" doesn't quite make much sense anymore lol.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Most of those stats are kinda useless in actual shopping--but it's nice to see the ranger get some good media attention! In my case, it wouldn't matter how much better the f150 was because I wanted a midsize
That's me Joseph. I've owned F-150's for years, and they are great trucks. But the size of the truck, and today's smaller parking spaces made it tougher and tougher to park. Plus they new ones take a 40 acre field to get turned around. So, the Ranger is a much better fit for me.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
For my needs... Ranger is better than F150 and SuperCab is better than SuperCrew, Also 2WD is better than 4WD.
Still the F150 is the most popular and overall capable vehicle in the U S market... I just want what fits my needs best and that's Ranger. ( I just wjsh they had made a real 2WD)

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
We test drove a 150 and it seemed kind'a nice and it rode nice. What we didn't like was the feeling that it took up 1/2 the road. I do mean the center line to the edge. :crackup: Obliviously, we got the ranger.

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
For my needs... Ranger is better than F150 and SuperCab is better than SuperCrew, Also 2WD is better than 4WD.
Still the F150 is the most popular and overall capable vehicle in the U S market... I just want what fits my needs best and that's Ranger. ( I just wjsh they had made a real 2WD)
Agree 100 percent

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
The 2020 Escape is great too! Another option for me down the line would be to give my fiancée the Ranger as her daily when her Highlander with 240k miles dies, and I can pick up a Mach E :giggle: Sure, the Mustang name is stupid, but that would be a sweet commuter - charge at home, save tons on gas, lots of great tech, quiet interior. Except we work from home now so spending close to $50k on a "daily commuter" doesn't quite make much sense anymore lol.
I've been thinking along these lines as well, given that our daily drive, with me taking the wife to work, and then turning back around and heading the other way to my own place of business, is well over one hundred miles per day, one way. She takes the train back most of the way, but this is still another twenty-five-plus to leave my workplace, pick her up at the station, and get back home. How sweet it would be to have the Ranger for fun, for vacation trips, and for inclement weather, but to drive an electric Mustang as the normal-weather DD! Of course, coming up the the additional 50K+, or rather, convincing the wife to spend it, is another matter entirely! In short, I would not part with the Ranger, but I would not mind complimenting it with something new and different, especially with better mileage (and better music)!

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
You already know.

This is an interesting comparison, but the real question for most buyers, including myself, is rather full-sized or mid-sized? The F150 is great, but it is just too big for me!

mark_anderson_us

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software Developer
Agreed. Completely pointless comparison. had F150, bought Ranger for some reason

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
Statistically speaking, 94% of the numbers and statistics that she provided in the video comparison were 100% irrelevant and unnecessary. My brain hurt after watching this.

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
This is something a first time buyer would watch, or someone trying to justify their purchase of a Ranger over the F-150. The one and only reason I chose my Ranger over the Potential F-150 was overall size, if my driveway could fit 2 full size trucks side by side I'd have never got a Ranger?‍♂
Sponsored