First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Good video showing the new F150 Lightning chassis and the battery placement. I didn't know they came with a 8/100,000 warranty on the electrical components.

Sponsored

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Good video showing the new F150 Lightning chassis and the battery placement. I didn't know they came with a 8/100,000 warranty on the electrical components.

I placed my Bronco order on the 6th day after the reveal and the Lightening within the 1st couple minutes of its reveal . The race is on to see if the Lightening will get here before my Bronco ,LOL .

BlackRanger01

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Cab 4x4
Occupation
IT

The battery in my Honda Accord Hybrid is warranty for 10 years due to NYS law.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Any reason this couldn’t be repurposed for a Ranger Chassis?
I was wondering the same and why they chose to do a PHEV Ranger instead of a full EV? I would love to see a full EV Ranger in the future.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I placed my Bronco order on the 6th day after the reveal and the Lightening within the 1st couple minutes of its reveal . The race is on to see if the Lightening will get here before my Bronco ,LOL .
Hopefully you get your Bronco first but at this point I wouldn't hold my breath. lol I thought about getting the Lightning but it's really to big for my needs and it won't fit in the garage.

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
You are brave. I will never do a reserve or order a vehicle again. If it's not on the lot.....nope. I am a day 2 Bronco reservation holder and on order since 1-21-21. Tired of the wait and all the problems (probably won't see it till Sept 22) so I ordered a Ranger Tremor (wife said I can have both :) )...now we hear there are build delays for the Lariat package on the Ranger/Tremor....I hope I get it by Christmas. The waiting and constant roller coaster is draining. The Lighting will probably go through the same thing.....I hope for you you get a new vehicle soon as well.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm really looking forward to seeing how this launch goes seeing as the past few new launches have been horrendous. I'm guessing all eyes are going to be on this one and the F150 being their top seller and best selling truck for 44 years they cant afford to mess this one up.

Pre production just started a few days ago so we shall see soon.

https://autos.yahoo.com/ford-f-150-lightning-goes-135100377.html

However, the true potential of the F-150 Lightning perhaps goes beyond pickup trucks, given its status as a best-selling vehicle stateside for decades. The F-150 Lightning could well be the most important electric vehicle launch of this decade in any segment, designed to appeal to truck buyers rather than EV buyers.

"Electrifying the F-Series—America's best-selling truck for 44 years—and assembling it at this high-tech facility in Michigan represents a significant step toward mass adoption of electric vehicles in America," said Kumar Galhotra, Ford's president of The Americas and International Markets Group. "F-150 Lightning is intended to be more than a no-compromise zero tailpipe-emissions truck. It's packed with ingenious features and technology that will improve over time, its exhilarating to drive and it can power your home and worksite."

DeathRanger

First Name
Peyton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have alot of good feelings for the F150 lightning rollout based on the amount of issues they've had with rollout of traditional gas vehicle. The Lightning is a completely different beast being all electric with new parts and components never used before in previous vehicles besides maybe the Mach-E. Last I read, Ford only plans to make 15k lightning's in 2022, 40k by 2023. Then a second-generation Lightning will launch in 2025, with a production target of 160,000 units per year. They have 150k+ reservations so ordering one now, could take 4-5 years to receive.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully you get your Bronco first but at this point I wouldn't hold my breath. lol I thought about getting the Lightning but it's really to big for my needs and it won't fit in the garage.
I want the Bronco to do some trails with and the Lightening would be perfect for my everyday to work and around town stuff . I work only 3 miles from the house and tow my tractor/backhoe short distances. The Bronco will not tow the tractor and I'd hate to drive the Bronco such short distance to work and not get up to operating temp so often .

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
You are brave. I will never do a reserve or order a vehicle again. If it's not on the lot.....nope. I am a day 2 Bronco reservation holder and on order since 1-21-21. Tired of the wait and all the problems (probably won't see it till Sept 22) so I ordered a Ranger Tremor (wife said I can have both :) )...now we hear there are build delays for the Lariat package on the Ranger/Tremor....I hope I get it by Christmas. The waiting and constant roller coaster is draining. The Lighting will probably go through the same thing.....I hope for you you get a new vehicle soon as well.
I sold my 07 King Ranch since the Bronco was supposed to be here by now so had to go ahead and get a used 2020 Ranger to get me by for the short/long term wait . I really wanted a Tremor if I got a Ranger but the dealership could not tell me when I would actually get it . The FX4 Lariat is nice though

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I wonder how much power a K&N CAI will add? ?
Sponsored