First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
We can only speculate when certain Ranger products will be released. The 6G is just an 8 year run.
That's just after 2030. I am concerned even the PHEV being shunned in my area. The government here is squeezing the cars off the road. Bike lanes every where, lanes designated for buses only. Parking spaces being removed. Where do all the cars park when it takes at least 3 hours to charge an EV. My Government may even only allow electric vehicles in the Downtown core. I cannot wait for future products to come out. I am wondering if its even worth it to buy a new car.
Sponsored

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my Lightening on a Monday. When it was not delivered to me by Thursday I got pissed and canceled my order. Unfortunately I Jumped the gun and ordered $13,675 worth of parts beforehand which I have to now sell:

Lightening Borla S type exhaust.
Lightening Ford Prrfornance CAI
Lightening high flow injectors
Lightening catch can
Lightening upgraded turbo
Lightening fuel management programmer.

Make offers. All transactions will be routed through A Saudi prince that I met online and will utilize bitcoin. Once you pay then I will ship out the parts ?
You wouldn't happen to have a damper for the lightning would you ? I really need to have one on hand before the truck gets here .

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
You wouldn't happen to have a damper for the lightning would you ? I really need to have one on hand before the truck gets here .
No I would never put a damper on my lightning that’s ridiculous. I only bought smart products for it..

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

One thing of concern too for the aspiring electric car owners will be the added cost of taxation at some point. Right now you get tax breaks to get into an expensive electric car.
A huge revenue generator for roads and their maintenance comes from fuel taxes.
when the gas cars stop buying gas....the roads will suffer, even though the same number of cars (or more as time goes on) beat the potholes into mass-holes. So, they'll be looking to grab that shortfall from somewhere.
The politicians have already thought about relieving you of those excess $$$ weighing you down from you not paying fuel taxes by imposing a Road Use tax.

Basically you will be taxed by miles driven, with higher miles getting a progressively lower rate.

"But wait, how will they know how much I drive?"

If you have a smartphone they already know how much you drive, and that's discounting the likelihood that they would implement a requirement that makes electric vehicles phone home with their current odometer reading whenever they shut off.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
I have been fortunate to change my employment to working at a Poly Technic School. It was not about money it was about not driving for 2 hours a day in grid lock. It has worked well for a 15 minute commute each way. I only work under a 7 hour shift. I normally avoid the traffic. The PHEV or EV Ranger may work well as there are charging stations at work. The space for cars on the roads is being diminished. As members have brought up many concerning points. Developers are king and are allowed to keep cramming more people into our cities with no infrastructure for more cars. Where I live a 2 lane road for cars is disappearing.

Metal Geezer

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Vehicle Showcase