Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Moved from a spacer kit to coil overs recently. Different look, ride, and capability.

Before (top photo): 3" spacer kit (rear 1" block; front topper) with Rough Country UCAs on stock FX4 shocks. 285/60r18 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 18x9 Fuel Stroke wheels with a +20 offset.

After (bottom photos): FP's Fox 2.0 coil overs (ca 2" level), keeping the RC UCAs but dropping the rear block and front spacers. 265/70r17 Falken Wildpeak A/T3s on 17x9 Black Rhino Attica wheels with a +12 offset.

349FB4DC-64CC-4A9E-94BE-326789A917FA.jpg

fullsizeoutput_f27.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_f09.jpeg
What make you change to Fox 2.0 coil over? Just curious, I have a XLT FX4 package and been thinking about 3 inch leveling in the front but I have been seeing on this forum that folks are going to Fox 2.0 coil over. Thanks for sharing your info.
Sponsored

Brisko_Michigan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
USG
Vehicle Showcase
What make you change to Fox 2.0 coil over? Just curious, I have a XLT FX4 package and been thinking about 3 inch leveling in the front but I have been seeing on this forum that folks are going to Fox 2.0 coil over. Thanks for sharing your info.
Hi. I liked the level look and wanted improved ride over a spacer lift. I knew I wanted to move to a coil over and off of the stock shocks with spacer. I’ve been quite happy with the ride.

In moving from 3” Front/1” back to 2” level The truck is closer to drive train angle spec, lessening wear on the rear diff and joints. And still does what we need. Generally speaking.

I debated Fox 2.0, Icon, and Old Man Emu front with an extra leaf spring. The latter having more load capacity and being popular with guys on here that have solid builds. Icon I decided was not worth the extra money given our use/intentions (weekend trail access and occasional overland/glamping).

Without an RTT or much towing, and basing out of the Great Lakes or East Coast (mud trails vs. desert rocks), sticking with Ford Performance engineering and dealer-provided/warrantied products won the day.

It’s certainly a cornucopia of options and opinions. Good luck with your build.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hi. I liked the level look and wanted improved ride over a spacer lift. I knew I wanted to move to a coil over and off of the stock shocks with spacer. I’ve been quite happy with the ride.

In moving from 3” Front/1” back to 2” level The truck is closer to drive train angle spec, lessening wear on the rear diff and joints. And still does what we need. Generally speaking.

I debated Fox 2.0, Icon, and Old Man Emu front with an extra leaf spring. The latter having more load capacity and being popular with guys on here that have solid builds. Icon I decided was not worth the extra money given our use/intentions (weekend trail access and occasional overland/glamping).

Without an RTT or much towing, and basing out of the Great Lakes or East Coast (mud trails vs. desert rocks), sticking with Ford Performance engineering and dealer-provided/warrantied products won the day.

It’s certainly a cornucopia of options and opinions. Good luck with your build.
Thanks for the reply, I'm heading towards the Fox 2.0 now, I have a FX4 tuned suspension I just have no idea how much the difference on ride vs the Fox 2.0 if I just have a leveling kit. But your feedback is helping me make the choices specially coming Michigan where the Ranger is built. Thanks again.

Brisko_Michigan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
USG
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply, I'm heading towards the Fox 2.0 now, I have a FX4 tuned suspension I just have no idea how much the difference on ride vs the Fox 2.0 if I just have a leveling kit. But your feedback is helping me make the choices specially coming Michigan where the Ranger is built. Thanks again.
I think the ride is much better. The spacer lift wasn't horrible, but it was more jarring and had less control around corners. Mostly, spacer lift didn’t suit our use needs.

Depending on your needs and install costs you could give the spacer lift a shot. It may prove all you need and you’d save circa $1100. Can always upgrade To coil overs and sell the spacers after you’ve had more time to assess value/needs.

Justlooking

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 1500 AT4 6.2L
Occupation
Retired
Truck looks AWESOME! No need for spacers with the wider tire and stock wheels?

Hello! New Member.
1st Pic - 2.5” Level Kit / Stock Tires
2nd Pic - 2.5” Level Kit / BFG KO2 275/70r/17

thanks to everyone who posts! Makes it a lot easier to learn and know what works!
675F48AD-55EB-423F-98D1-30616F478971.jpeg

C02C400D-A3C3-47E2-8297-A724D3A1EBB9.jpeg

slickville dave

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f 150/2020 Polaris sportsman
Occupation
retired tin knocker local 12 Pittsburgh
I don't have my before pic. Installed the Icon kit with billet arms, Fabtech crash bars, Icon rebounds in titanium, with Nitto 275-75-17. Truck also has some Ford accessories, complements of Ford, Yakima rack, bed mat, swing box, 12v outlet, Ford sill guards, all weather mats. Magnaflow donated exhaust, and auto-start eliminator. Still need to throw on the Maxtrax and rotopax that are on the garage floor.

doorsill1.jpg

ranger icon.jpg
Sponsored